Author Topic: First-World Problems.  (Read 335881 times)

Re: First-World Problems.
« Reply #1250 on: 16 April, 2016, 04:31:42 pm »
My nail varnish is chipping terribly.
Two pack is your friend.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1251 on: 16 April, 2016, 04:39:38 pm »
I may have to get a little vacuum cleaner to clean my robot vacuum cleaner that appears to be a magnet for dust

And how will you keep the little one clean

It's vacuum cleaners all the way down.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1252 on: 16 April, 2016, 04:51:55 pm »
My nail varnish is chipping terribly.
Two pack is your friend.

<changes name to Boaty Mcboatface>
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1253 on: 16 April, 2016, 06:53:50 pm »
Partner has decided he does not like Sainsbury's 'Taste the Difference' Lemon, Honey & Ginger Infusion...

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #1254 on: 28 April, 2016, 06:18:18 am »
What's the point? Here we are on the costa blanca in April and today as I sip my early morning tea I can see some clouds. I may have to wear clear specs today instead of sunglasses.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1255 on: 28 April, 2016, 11:30:18 am »
Reverse gear on my Logitech G27 has stopped working :'(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #1256 on: 02 May, 2016, 03:34:52 pm »
Reverse gear on my Logitech G27 has stopped working :'(

That happened on my mate's 1300TC, when he needed to parallel park he'd open the door and push back with his right foot. I'm guessing that wouldn't work for you?
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1257 on: 02 May, 2016, 04:04:56 pm »
I've redefined another button to be reverse for the moment but you have to hold it down while reversing.  Contact cleaner to be purchased tomorrow.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1258 on: 02 May, 2016, 04:09:55 pm »
It's raining, so I have had to delay delivering election leaflets...
It is simpler than it looks.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #1259 on: 02 May, 2016, 04:28:42 pm »
I treated myself to a packet of Basset's Liquorice Allsorts and was very dissappointed to find that the liquorice sandwiches are an austerity version, being truncated to rectangles instead of the traditional squares.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #1260 on: 02 May, 2016, 06:33:01 pm »
Just arrived in hotel, and fancied the steak from the menu in the restaurant, but in the room so we can watch TV. For some reason the room service menu and the restaurant are separate and it isn't available. Why oh why o why.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

« Reply #1261 on: 02 May, 2016, 06:52:01 pm »
I treated myself to a packet of Basset's Liquorice Allsorts and was very dissappointed to find that the liquorice sandwiches are an austerity version, being truncated to rectangles instead of the traditional squares.

I agree - poor state of affairs this shrinkflation.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1262 on: 05 May, 2016, 03:49:52 pm »
I cannot decide whether to take my round shiny pan or my black rectangular ones to Long Itch. Which will coordinate better with my spork?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1263 on: 05 May, 2016, 05:25:26 pm »
Will you be mostly cooking round food or square food?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1264 on: 06 May, 2016, 11:22:58 am »
The Lindor truffles on offer 'free' when I ordered >£10 stuffs from the milkman in a single order were unavailable today.
I feel cheated.

« Reply #1265 on: 17 May, 2016, 12:34:49 pm »
Thanks for the link.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1266 on: 17 May, 2016, 12:43:30 pm »
 :D

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #1267 on: 17 May, 2016, 12:50:23 pm »
I did kind of wonder with that one - with all the resources that running a website like the BBC requires - is archiving several thousand recipes *really* a big expense relative to the other stuff?  :-\
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #1268 on: 20 May, 2016, 08:26:59 pm »
This pina colada has slightly too much coconut in it.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #1269 on: 22 May, 2016, 07:30:38 pm »

These horrendously overpriced beautiful shorts are only available in small & medium.

(click to show/hide)

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #1270 on: 23 May, 2016, 10:38:01 am »
I dropped from Gold to Silver in the BA Executive club.  I'll have to slum it in the business lounges for a while instead of First.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

ian

« Reply #1271 on: 23 May, 2016, 10:46:32 am »
Pah, I dropped from Silver to the badlands of Blue (BA seem to always be ludicrously expensive at the moment, my next flight to Vancouver was £1000 less with Air Canada). I get to sit at the gate watching the comedy boarding (seriously, how many comedy boarding tiers can they have, the plane isn't going to leave, and as mentioned I'm the chap who waits till the end and then makes you get out of your seat).

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1272 on: 23 May, 2016, 11:07:12 am »
I suppose it's different for you tidy-haired types sitting in front of the curtain but the only way I could save more than a fiver on this summer's flight to Chicago was by flying with Terrible Airlines and changing planes in Amsterdam/Paris/Atlanta/Dagenham Heathway.

« Reply #1273 on: 23 May, 2016, 11:23:45 am »
Dropping from Gold to Silver affects not 1 but 2 people. The cardholder, and the guest they can sign into the first lounge, get through the express security check etc.
My wife needs 1 more business class or better long haul flight before October to keep Gold for another year, and I have no idea what I will do if she gets downgraded.

The worst story I've heard is a friend is about 3 years away from completing 1 million miles with American Airlines, as a result she will only fly American, and American are terrible. We asked what's so special about getting to 1 million miles, and she said it was priority boarding for life.

ian

« Reply #1274 on: 23 May, 2016, 12:28:57 pm »
I find the entire airline classes and pecking order peculiarly amusing. It's like small stage social warfare. That petty little curtain between the classes. Of course, to justify business and first, airlines I'm sure make economy worse than it has to be. Look what we'll do to you if you don't upgrade is basically their business policy. The only real perk are the lounges, which are far better places to spend the time, but for the same effective cost, you could stay in the most luxurious hotel known to mankind.

Contrary to popular belief, this third division Tidy Haired Thought Leader™ is on the wrong side of the curtain most of the time. I'm only allowed business for flights more than 8 hours intercontinental and not-under-any-circumstances North America. Plus the Concur robot is getting smart and sends memos to my boss, my boss's boss, and his boss if I book a ticket that costs more than the 'next cheapest logical fare'. I would have got back on the BA scheme if I'd done my next trip to Vancouver with them, but the robot won't let me, which left me the choice between Air Canada and some budget airline from Gatwick. I think I'm edging on Gold for Virgin because I do a lot of trips via Johannesburg. I could upgrade on my air miles, but I prefer to cash those in for cheaper holidays (or rather my wife does).