Author Topic: First-World Problems.  (Read 335378 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: First-World Problems.
« Reply #1275 on: 23 May, 2016, 06:20:45 pm »
I looked at Transat for a flight to Vancouver last year and it was shedloads cheaper than BA, until I looked again two days later and it had become the same price.  Then it turned out that Mr Budget couldn't rent me a convertible from Vancouver anyway so I had to go to Seattle instead.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #1276 on: 23 May, 2016, 09:13:52 pm »
I normally only go on charter airlines where they just board one end of the plane, then the other.  Luckily flights to "lakes and mountains" type destinations are totally chav-free, unlike the herds at the gates for Palma and Ibiza, who are truly terrifying in their shaven-headed, morning drunkenness.

I avoid budget airlines if travelling on my own money, having had fairly dismal experiences on SleazyJet and the now-defunct BMI baby, and you'd never get me on a Ryanair flight.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #1277 on: 24 May, 2016, 11:39:37 am »
I dribbled toothpaste foam on my (black) Tshirt this morning when brushing my teeth. Only found out when I got to work. White splatters all down my front.

When I tried using Strava to record runs, I didn't realise you have to set the activity type in your profile. So it recorded my runs as bike rides. So now I've uploaded two truly lightning fast bike rides that won't get added to my total running distance (which is pitiful anyway).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #1278 on: 24 May, 2016, 01:07:06 pm »

When I tried using Strava to record runs, I didn't realise you have to set the activity type in your profile. So it recorded my runs as bike rides. So now I've uploaded two truly lightning fast bike rides that won't get added to my total running distance (which is pitiful anyway).

You can change it  using the edit function surely.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1279 on: 24 May, 2016, 01:20:52 pm »

You can change it  using the edit function surely.

Yes.

Open the activity. In the top left area is the overview box. At the bottom of this is an icon that looks like a pencil. Click on this and you can change the activity type

« Reply #1280 on: 24 May, 2016, 01:59:33 pm »
Ah - not possible from Android - but possible from a PC. Thank you for that.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1281 on: 24 May, 2016, 02:07:57 pm »
Ah - not possible from Android - but possible from a PC. Thank you for that.

On the iPhone it's the field called "Sport", can definitely edit it there

« Reply #1282 on: 24 May, 2016, 02:19:45 pm »
On my android phone in the record activity screen at top left you can select between cycling (bicycle symbol) and running (shoe symbol).

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #1283 on: 26 May, 2016, 12:30:08 pm »
Oh this is just to much. We are moving offices today, to another building. Not only is our wonderful coffee machine shutdown, forcing me to walk to the next street to get a decent cup of coffee, but there's no internet. Surely it's a basic human right? Why is there  such an obvious lack of planning?

If I weren't having to give a talk in a little while (on a highly technical subject but without being able to use or show the technology) I would just admit defeat and decamp to Shoreditch. I'm sure that it's better there.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1284 on: 27 May, 2016, 10:28:00 pm »
The Tesco delivery people brought me an unwanted sweet & sour chicken pizza (a) I'm vegetarian and b) wtf?) and forgot the 3 aubergines I wanted.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1285 on: 27 May, 2016, 10:29:03 pm »
Chicken on pizza is just WRONG.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1286 on: 27 May, 2016, 10:56:45 pm »
Less wrong than aubergines though.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #1287 on: 28 May, 2016, 08:58:42 am »
When I lived in Peckham my local Italian did an excellent pizza with aubergine (and courgette, ham, and pepperoni).

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #1288 on: 28 May, 2016, 09:14:51 am »
I once had a wonderful vegan pizza with aubergine slices instead of cheese.  It was twenty years ago and I still remember how nice it was.
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #1289 on: 28 May, 2016, 10:13:31 pm »
Having just made and largely consumed a very fine1 babaganoush, I'm not sure I'm prepared to hear a word said against aubergines.

1: Yes, I *do* say so myself.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #1290 on: 09 June, 2016, 09:35:26 am »
Tickets for the NT's new season went on sale to Priority members this morning, so I've spent the last hour trying to get on to the website, eventually to get the message that the sale has been suspended due to technical difficulties.

Pah!

Suspect Peter Shaffer's death has generated extra interest in the new production of Amadeus.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1291 on: 18 June, 2016, 08:55:42 pm »
I am in the mood for some Pinot Grigio. I have no Pinot Grigio. This is intolerable.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1292 on: 19 June, 2016, 02:59:08 pm »
Our final shuttlecock has just gone over the fence into next door's jungle and I cannot be arced trekking all the way to Decathlon to buy more.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #1293 on: 23 June, 2016, 11:12:41 am »
I have run out of Taylors of Bond Street Shaving cream.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1294 on: 25 June, 2016, 06:19:48 pm »
Anyone know a 24-7 tailor in London?  I forgot that the sleeves of the dinner jacket I'm planning to wear tomorrow need to be shortened.  :facepalm:

AND... my local drycleaners don't understand the concept of a properly starched shirt - it should stand up on its own! 

My fault, I guess.  One should never let one's staff go off on holiday prior to a major social engagement.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1295 on: 29 June, 2016, 09:09:55 pm »
My Amazon delivery of a CD by a Welsh singer is being delivered from Italy ?   Is there an equivalent of food  miles for this sort of thing ?
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #1296 on: 29 June, 2016, 10:04:16 pm »
Don't fret.  In a couple of years they'll be coming from the Channel Islands again.  ;)

« Reply #1297 on: 02 July, 2016, 04:44:34 pm »
2 of the buckets waiting for my Waitrose charity token were for a cycling paramedic group and the local search and rescue team.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #1298 on: 21 July, 2016, 10:39:25 am »
The "noise cancelling" LED on my Bluetooth headphones has stopped working.

The actual noise cancelling still works fine, it's just the LED that's packed in!

ian

« Reply #1299 on: 22 July, 2016, 09:23:25 am »
I can't find a new gardener. Seriously, I've written to five companies and they say they're too busy.

Or possibly my garden has a rep. I've not seen a yeti for days and the bears are OK if you don't make eye contact and slowly back away. There may be ancient ruins in there somewhere.