Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 868586 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #850 on: 03 February, 2014, 05:50:11 pm »
Michael Gove.  Again! :o
Getting there...

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #851 on: 03 February, 2014, 05:56:47 pm »
Michael Gove.  Again! :o
I think Gove is now an implicit super-twat.
Never has so much complete and utter bullshit been spouted by a single person.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #852 on: 03 February, 2014, 06:07:56 pm »
So I open this thread with a specific person in mind, only to find clarion has beaten me to it...

Every time that fucking imbecile opens his mouth, my blood pressure goes into the red zone.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #853 on: 03 February, 2014, 06:10:54 pm »
So I open this thread with a specific person in mind, only to find clarion has beaten me to it...

Every time that fucking imbecile opens his mouth, my blood pressure goes into the red zone.
He was on the talking wireless-type thing whilst I was on the turbo - about the best session I've had for a while; all the anger had to go somewhere.

Maybe I should use his misguided bletherings as a training aid.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #854 on: 03 February, 2014, 11:05:26 pm »
Perhaps a 'Hyper-Twat' thread for Michael Gove?

I suspect that Gove, Hunt, Shapps, et al just exist to make CMD look intelligent and statesmanlike

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #855 on: 03 February, 2014, 11:12:57 pm »
Katie Gobshite Hopkins.  I think this nomination is uncontroversial.
Getting there...

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #856 on: 03 February, 2014, 11:35:46 pm »
Katie Gobshite Hopkins.  I think this nomination is uncontroversial.

<Wowbagger>I'd never heard of her </WB>

But have now looked her up on the intertubes. I feely grubby now.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #857 on: 04 February, 2014, 09:59:03 am »
Can I nominate Simon Jack, BBC technology 'reporter'?1

GOOGLE IS NOT 'BASICALLY THE INTERNET' you clueless fucknugget.

1 - And Michael Gove, of course.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #858 on: 04 February, 2014, 10:08:41 am »
But a commendation to his interlocutor for refraining from lamping him when asked a barrage of stupid questions and not being allowed to answer.
Getting there...

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #859 on: 04 February, 2014, 11:09:44 am »
I am one of the few people who has been watching The Jump on Channel 4. We missed the first episode though so don't know who the Essex-sounding brainless bimbo is who refused the ski jump (don't blame her for that, mind) so was relegated. But they've kept her around for soundbites of inanity. Who is she? She MUST be playing the extra-dim card, surely???
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #860 on: 08 February, 2014, 02:37:47 pm »
'Lord' Chris Smith - a fucking waste of oxygen when he was an MP, and clearly nothing has changed since he finagled a cushy job at the top of the Environment Agency. Anyone else who failed as completely as he has would have had their marching orders so bloody quick that their heads would be spinning.

Had I been one of the residents of the Somerset Levels whom he visited, I think I'd have temporarily 'forgotten' that I'm a pacifist and decked the clueless fucker and held his head underwater until the bubbles stopped.

Also, since the environment is involved, Owen 'Badgers Moved The Goalposts' Paterson gets a nomination merely for existing.

Also^2, Michael 'Specky Twat' Gove. Y'know, just because.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #861 on: 08 February, 2014, 02:54:10 pm »
To be fair to Smith, I'm not sure what he could have done about the Somerset Levels.  Even given historic levels of maintenance of sluices and pumps, this rain would probably have overwhelmed them.  The land is below sea level and has no natural drainage; the water has to be pumped *up* into the rivers.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #862 on: 08 February, 2014, 03:04:40 pm »
To be fair to Smith, I'm not sure what he could have done about the Somerset Levels.  Even given historic levels of maintenance of sluices and pumps, this rain would probably have overwhelmed them.  The land is below sea level and has no natural drainage; the water has to be pumped *up* into the rivers.
It would appear that the current debate centres on dredging, or rather the lack of it in this case - I'm not familiar with the area, so can't really comment any further on that score but it would appear that the Environment Agency has been lurching from one crisis to the next with the results that we're now seeing. Conditions notwithstanding, the handling of the whole thing has been utterly shocking (IMO, of course) and am disgusted that the people at the top will not be brought to account because, let's face it, they won't be.

That said, the same debate rages up here with depressing regularity when large bits of central York disappear underwater for a few days every now and again - I'm given to understand that the Ouse was dredged fairly regularly back in the day (well before I moved up here, anyway) and whilst York still flooded on account of the catchment area of the Ouse being pretty huge, it was far less severe than it was after regular dredging stopped. That said, the floods we had in 2000 were bad even by York's usual standards and I doubt any amount of dredging etc. would have changed that.

citoyen

Super-Twat
« Reply #863 on: 08 February, 2014, 03:51:12 pm »
Just another example of how "austerity" is a counter-productive policy, innit.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #864 on: 08 February, 2014, 03:54:18 pm »
Politicians wouldn't know 'austerity' if it jumped up and gave them a haircut - it's something that only happens to the little people, don'tcherknow.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #865 on: 08 February, 2014, 04:02:37 pm »
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #866 on: 08 February, 2014, 04:14:21 pm »
Getting there...

citoyen

« Reply #867 on: 08 February, 2014, 04:33:26 pm »

Politicians wouldn't know 'austerity' if it jumped up and gave them a haircut - it's something that only happens to the little people, don'tcherknow.

"They talk about thriftiness, and it just means that poor people are expected to practise a self-denial that the rich can't even imagine, much less carry out."

George Gissing.

Nothing changes.

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #868 on: 08 February, 2014, 07:16:32 pm »

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #869 on: 08 February, 2014, 09:20:31 pm »
The Institution of Civil Engineers is in favour of the current EA approach to the Somerset Levels. Additional dredging would not improve things to any significant degree. Local farmers paid to manage the land in ways that actually worsen flooding and loudmouth politicians do not have the answers.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #870 on: 09 February, 2014, 03:51:44 pm »
Eric Pickles  :sick:

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #871 on: 09 February, 2014, 10:07:02 pm »
I saw him on Andrew Marr this morning and he apologised "undeservably".

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #872 on: 10 February, 2014, 08:26:05 am »
Pickles is indeed an unmitigated twat, for the crap he spouts about local authorities and otehr agencies who he has starved of the cash needed to operat eproperly.  He's a "Daily Mail" polition, i.e. its always someone else's fault, and "someone" should do something about it.

As for the Somerset levels, when I used to drive across them regularly, my initial thought was "why do people live here, its obviously not viable?"  Living on land below sea level is just plain silly, unless you have a massively expensive and complex infrastructure to manage it.
Wombat

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #873 on: 13 February, 2014, 11:19:23 am »
http://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/article2217239.ece The idiot burglar that tries to escape on a stolen bike in front of a cameracrew interviewing police officers

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #874 on: 13 February, 2014, 07:34:03 pm »
Was that Nigel Lawson on Today this morning?  Blimey.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)