Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1626082 times)

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #1625 on: 13 April, 2012, 02:39:55 pm »
I currently have a rather annoying ear worm.

The "Yub-Nub" song from Star Wars.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1626 on: 13 April, 2012, 02:42:57 pm »
There's an App thread for that :)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1627 on: 13 April, 2012, 02:52:05 pm »
Work.

Stop giving me stuff to do 1) at 14:30 on a Friday after noon when 2) I am off all next week.

If you expect it doing I am afraid you are SOL.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #1628 on: 13 April, 2012, 04:25:15 pm »
That tool you borrowed and cannot find again.  >:(  Another £10 goes begging.

Aha! Found!

And hidden...   :demon:

« Reply #1629 on: 13 April, 2012, 08:04:38 pm »
I haz a blocked drain somewhere.  I know there's a block, because when my washing machine drains, it overflows straight out of the pipe onto the floor, in bucketloads.

It's not in the obvious U-bend.  I know it's not there, because I took it out and checked it thoroughly.  Which sucks, because trying to clear the rest is going to involve moving tons of STUFF, so is going to be a complete pain in the backside! 

ARGH!   :facepalm:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1630 on: 13 April, 2012, 08:19:29 pm »
Or you could go to b&q & get one of those long bendy rod thingies ...
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1631 on: 13 April, 2012, 08:26:14 pm »
I've got a long bendy rod thingy.  I can't get it into the plastic piping from where it is, so I still need to clear STUFF out the way so I can undo enough to get in properly...urk!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1632 on: 13 April, 2012, 08:29:35 pm »
Countersigning for passport photos. So you want my son's photos countersigned, because obviously he looks a bit different now than he did when he was about one or two in the previous photos, by someone who has known both him and me for at least two years, has a UK passport, is not related to me and has professional qualifications? This could be difficult seeing as we haven't even been back in the UK two years! Well, regulations are an ingenuity test, climb over, slip under.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #1633 on: 15 April, 2012, 10:47:02 am »
Oh, bloody body, sort yourself out.

I wasn't in great health before the arrow. Doing the arrow seems to have tipped it over the edge.

Doc reckons stopping taking PPI was a bad idea and possibly gastric reflux is eroding my trachea and voicebox. Back on omeprazole and ventolin.
Kidneys seem to have an infection - anti-inflammatories and painkillers 3 times a day, but I still get woken between 3 and 5am with the pain.

Back to doc on monday for antibiotics, I think
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #1634 on: 15 April, 2012, 11:02:39 pm »
Spent last weekend figuring out how to pursuade the wife that I really deserved and needed another bike only to come into work on Monday to find they've stopped the BTW scheme.

Si_Co

« Reply #1635 on: 18 April, 2012, 07:53:57 am »
£4.5 million quid for a new facilty and the boiler still trips out every night, well you'll just have to put up with the smell, I ain't having another cold shower

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #1636 on: 18 April, 2012, 12:19:35 pm »
Kind of ironic, if not entirely unpredictable, that my Superdry jacket isn't actually waterproof.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1637 on: 18 April, 2012, 12:44:09 pm »
Not from Tokyo, either.  'Nam.  Chelt'nam. ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #1638 on: 18 April, 2012, 07:56:34 pm »
n-3 to gain n+1 . new machine delivered and my back go;s into spasm. i cannot even get up to look at it  ::-) :(. i will on past experience be stuck here for 2 weeks  :facepalm:
the slower you go the more you see

dasmoth

• Techno-optimist
« Reply #1639 on: 18 April, 2012, 07:58:21 pm »
Kind of ironic, if not entirely unpredictable, that my Superdry jacket isn't actually waterproof.

Superdry is an instruction, referring to the days when it would be appropriate to wear that garment.
Half term's when the traffic becomes mysteriously less bad for a week.

« Reply #1640 on: 18 April, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »
n-3 to gain n+3 . new machine delivered and my back go;s into spasm. i cannot even get up to look at it  ::-) :(. i will on past experience be stuck here for 2 weeks  :facepalm:

Bad luck, GWS!

« Reply #1641 on: 18 April, 2012, 09:22:26 pm »
thanks feline. i am swallowing painkillers as well as my normal pills at the moment.at least it is dry in here  :)
the slower you go the more you see

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1642 on: 18 April, 2012, 10:40:08 pm »
n-3 to gain n+1 . new machine delivered and my back go;s into spasm. i cannot even get up to look at it  ::-) :(. i will on past experience be stuck here for 2 weeks  :facepalm:

Bugger.  I hate it when that sort of bodyfail happens.  Hope the pills and other recuperation helps ASAP and you get out on new shiny!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1643 on: 19 April, 2012, 09:32:52 am »
Oh poor cycleman!  I know how frustrated you get with that back, and if you've got n+1 to play with, it's worse.
Getting there...

« Reply #1644 on: 19 April, 2012, 09:41:14 am »
I have an interview for a job I'm not sure I want, no hot water, I can't 'do' my hair and my trousers aren't ironed.
Bleugh.

barakta

« Reply #1645 on: 19 April, 2012, 08:26:55 pm »
I have an interview for a job I'm not sure I want, no hot water, I can't 'do' my hair and my trousers aren't ironed.
Bleugh.

Bleugh.  Be kind to yourself, and know you're not alone in "doing" hair more often than is ideal  :-[ due to broken bits of bodies.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1646 on: 19 April, 2012, 09:24:29 pm »
I cut all my hair off because of The Elbow.  It just annoyed me too bloody much!  I hope that, crows nest hair and crumpled pantaloons notwithstanding, the interview goes/went well and you get/got offered it if you decide/decided that you want it, fboab.

« Reply #1647 on: 19 April, 2012, 09:30:44 pm »
I cut all my hair off because of The Elbow.  It just annoyed me too bloody much!  I hope that, crows nest hair and crumpled pantaloons notwithstanding, the interview goes/went well and you get/got offered it if you decide/decided that you want it, fboab.

CL, I think you've just described my wedding outfit...  ;D

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #1648 on: 19 April, 2012, 10:50:58 pm »
I cut all my hair off because of The Elbow. 
One of the staff on the ward had had a very similar injury, and she said she'd cut all hers off, too.

I suppose I ought to, seeing as I can brush it, just, but can't put it in a ponytail or anything. It's a bit early for a haircut, though, I only had it done in July! (2009  :-[)

barakta

« Reply #1649 on: 19 April, 2012, 10:55:01 pm »
I cut all my hair off because of The Elbow. 
One of the staff on the ward had had a very similar injury, and she said she'd cut all hers off, too.

I suppose I ought to, seeing as I can brush it, just, but can't put it in a ponytail or anything. It's a bit early for a haircut, though, I only had it done in July! (2009  :-[)

Can you operate one of those hair barrettes (http://www.pretty-pieces.co.uk/v/vspfiles/photos/A09YHABK14-2T.jpg) with one hand?  A friend of mine who has poor dexterity uses those to keep her long hair back off her face.

I have a hatred of people brushing or washing my hair for me, which made my 2009 hand surgery unfun!