Author Topic: Kicked cat.  (Read 3109 times)

ABlipInContinuity

Kicked cat.
« on: 24 September, 2008, 04:25:22 pm »
Someone chased my cat off the neighbours property last night. In fact, they kicked him, whilst remarking "f*cking stray cats, where do they f*cking come from". We didn't recognise him as one of the neighbours, at least not one of the people usually their.

I've never seen him run so far. He made himself scarce and wouldn't come back when called, which is very unusual. When we did find him, we had to go to him as he still wouldn't come to us and his heart was still pounding.

I can appreciate that people don't like cats, especially wondering in their gardens. Charlie is an old cat, who had lived on my street in Telford and came to stay nearly 7 years ago. I learned after that he had been mistreated (dog set on him for fun) and abandoned by people who lived in the street before us.

I've never been able to train him to use a litter tray, he has always just gone where there is bare earth. I can appreciate it's probably not very nice for the neighbours if he goes there.

Maybe Charlie won't wonder onto their property again, but I'm wondering what I can/should do?

Re: Kicked cat.
« Reply #1 on: 24 September, 2008, 04:28:56 pm »
You can't do anything.  That's the thing about cats, they go where they want.

My new neighbour's cat has a "patrol route" of up the back garden fence, along it, over the garage, along the front fence and jump down to trigger my security lights; she then walks down their drive to the back garden to start the circuit again.    The outside lights turn on and off all night.  The other night she was jumping down from teh fence onto the motorbike - and setting the alarm off.

I am now training the roses along the top of the fences  :demon:

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 24 September, 2008, 06:04:22 pm »
It's illegal.  You can press charges if you saw it happen.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Treewheeler

« Reply #3 on: 25 September, 2008, 08:24:24 pm »
I have to agree, kicking cat for no reason is pretty mean especially if there is a vets bill to follow. >:(
 I'm a former cat owner (believe it or not) Minet she is called and lives in France as she went with the house sale. :-\
 Got to say... cats have all the rights and are as untouchable as children except you can run a moggy down and not be a lawbreaker whereas if I ran down any of the local single mothers offspring... :demon:
 Probally a one off for your cat and I should let it go for now then go out and key the culprits precious car late at night.  :demon: :demon:

border-rider

« Reply #4 on: 25 September, 2008, 08:30:12 pm »
I have to agree, kicking cat for no reason is pretty mean especially if there is a vets bill to follow. >:(

I'm sorry, who is this ? I know Tuggo has left the country and now some unscrupulous chancer with a soft-spot for cats is using his log-in !

;)

Treewheeler

« Reply #5 on: 25 September, 2008, 09:07:28 pm »
Leaving the country...Wednesday 1st October 16:15. :thumbsup:
 I also leave my new alpine border creation to the local cats >:(

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #6 on: 25 September, 2008, 10:07:27 pm »
Leaving the country...Wednesday 1st October 16:15. :thumbsup:
 I also leave my new alpine border creation to the local cats >:(

The one with the concealed barbed wire and electrified plants?
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Treewheeler

« Reply #7 on: 26 September, 2008, 01:51:14 pm »
I'm now off to the local woods to collect some holly sprigs to put in between the plants.
 I hate getting angry with animals but the cost of this installation for my elderly client was many hundreds of pounds and to see it used as a toilet by the local cats is quite upsetting for her.
 There is a Kevin Bloody Wilson song called "That fucking cats back"
 Here is a piss poor U-tube video of this terrible song...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ua8Em9n6xJM&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ua8Em9n6xJM&rel=1</a>

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #8 on: 26 September, 2008, 02:15:17 pm »
if you search Google for "The Cat Came Back", there's a marvellous cartoon with a demented yellow cat which Just Won't Die.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Treewheeler

« Reply #9 on: 26 September, 2008, 08:33:34 pm »
 ;D

« Reply #10 on: 26 September, 2008, 09:41:57 pm »
It is indeed a classic short.

The Cat Came Back

You won't be able to get the tune out of your head! ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #11 on: 26 September, 2008, 10:36:54 pm »
Can't get the tune into my head TimO.  That website uses apple quick time so I can't see it in firefox; and when I tried in internet explorer it crashed the browser and I have a stuck window there now that'll have to wait for a reboot to get rid of.

Fecking apple.

« Reply #12 on: 26 September, 2008, 10:40:58 pm »

« Reply #13 on: 26 September, 2008, 10:42:25 pm »
That's odd, I watched it using the Quicktime option on Firefox here, with no problems.  You can also switch to a Flash option supposedly, but it doesn't seem to want to remember the preferences here for reason.

It's often the problem with this sort of site, they go through ridiculously complicated coding hopes, to make it difficult for people to grab the video and download it.  Invariably this breaks things on some machines. :(
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #14 on: 26 September, 2008, 10:46:08 pm »
You've only got to install apple software (quacktime/itunes/etc) to break a machine.

« Reply #15 on: 26 September, 2008, 10:46:34 pm »
<nutty now goes for a walk to de-rant>

Treewheeler

« Reply #16 on: 28 September, 2008, 09:25:22 pm »
Nutty... it's only about a cat...