Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing  (Read 26996 times)

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
Re: Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #75 on: 11 December, 2010, 12:48:35 pm »
After last night's show my favourites for the final are Pamela, Kara and Scott.  But it's a close call between Scott and Matt.  Bruce seemed to be fluffing his lines particularly badly last night.  It pains me to say it but for me I think that the time has come for him to step aside.  I'm sure Matt would be good in the role.  
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #76 on: 11 December, 2010, 04:29:57 pm »
My favourite for the win right from the start was Kara because she's hot! She will win. Scott is good, but not quiet as good. I'm looking forward to this evening's show  :)
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #77 on: 11 December, 2010, 06:11:22 pm »
Kara for the win as I think she has been the most consistent.

H

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #78 on: 11 December, 2010, 07:12:02 pm »
I only caught the last 10 minutes (boo) as I've been out riding my bike (hurray) so will need to iplayer once it's available.  I think I'd prefer a Cara/Matt/Pamela final, but would be surprised if that's what we get.  Gavin's just nowhere near as good as the others and, although I'm not sure why, Scott just doesn't flick my bic.  However I think I can live with any combination of three out if the five, especially if they are going with previous years' format where they reprise their two favourite dances as I think they could all find one latin and one ballroom that would be OK - Gavin hasn't done any really decent latin but he no longer looks painfully uncomfortable bad at them, and his ballroom stuff is tolerably entertaining.  I'm not sure how the showdance would go for them though....

« Reply #79 on: 11 December, 2010, 07:33:40 pm »
I sheepishly admit that I loved this evening's Strictly. Kara and Pamela danced superbly.

I also find that I now like Take That, having hated them when I was growing up.

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #80 on: 11 December, 2010, 08:29:09 pm »
Agreed, Kara and Pamela were the stars tonight.  And I have to say that Take That's performance was for me the best musical performance of the series.
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #81 on: 11 December, 2010, 08:36:22 pm »
Kara was ace again  :thumbsup:

That Russian fucker is knobbing her morning noon and night. Bastard! But he seems nice, so I'll let him off.

Gavin is rubbish. Why is he still in it?

I would love it if Pamela could pull off some really athletic moves (she's older than my mum!) just to show those pesky kids.

Loved it  :)

Edit: I have nothing against the boys from Take That. But that was pretty shit really, wasn't it?

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #82 on: 11 December, 2010, 08:48:15 pm »
It has now got to the stage where I really enjoy it. Only Gavin is in danger of making us cringe and even he is passable so long as he is "in hold" as they say. Hark at me.

I agree with Bobb on Take That, I just don't get them. Very mediocre.

Kara should win it and Pamela should get the Ladies Veteran trophy.  ;D

« Reply #83 on: 12 December, 2010, 02:02:02 pm »
And I have to say that Take That's performance was for me the best musical performance of the series.

Yes, I thought they were great. I've always thought Robbie was a great entertainer, and when I saw them all together again on Children in Need, I realised I like them now, when I wasn't bothered before.  It's my age, or something.

I know sod all about the dancing, I'd like Matt to win, because he's just lovely (and a great mover), or Pamela because she's doing such a great job for her age.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #84 on: 12 December, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »
Take That are great. When they were a boyband they did great, catchy lightweight pop. Now they're a manband they do great, catchy, well-produced adult pop. And now that Robbie is back, it's even better. And their live shows are amazing.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #85 on: 12 December, 2010, 05:39:54 pm »
Take That are great. When they were a boyband they did great, catchy lightweight pop. Now they're a manband they do great, catchy, well-produced adult pop. And now that Robbie is back, it's even better. And their live shows are amazing.

+ 1. I saw them in Cardiff about 15 years ago and they were brilliant - put on a really good show  :thumbsup:

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #86 on: 12 December, 2010, 07:31:27 pm »
A fair result.

And I loved Ola as Goldilocks - she's my favourite  :)
Aero but not dynamic

CrinklyLion

« Reply #87 on: 12 December, 2010, 07:35:01 pm »
Some of us missed it - Arch and I need to know what the result was!

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #88 on: 12 December, 2010, 07:37:50 pm »
Some of us missed it - Arch and I need to know what the result was!

SPOILER (please to scroll down)

Three finalists were - Pamela & James, Kara & Artem, Matt & Aliona  :thumbsup:

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #89 on: 12 December, 2010, 08:01:21 pm »
A fair result.

There wasn't that much between Scott and Matt. Scott's jive was the best in this series so far but someone had to go. On the flip side, this couldn't have done his career any harm as he has shown himself to be pretty versatile and has reached a greater audience well beyond Worstenders.

I am pleased Gavin Henson has gone, not because of his attitude but because I found him painful to watch and the people in the final deserve to be there.

H

CrinklyLion

« Reply #90 on: 12 December, 2010, 11:40:49 pm »
Huzzah - those 3 were my pick for the final!

It's just a shame that I'm probably going to miss it and end up iplayer-ing it again, as I have a social engagement when it's on.

Si

« Reply #91 on: 13 December, 2010, 10:34:29 am »
Have to feel sorry for Kara - to my uncultured eye she tends to dance better than Pam, yet at least one of the judges find some reason to knock the odd point off her.

And felt sorry for Matt on Friday - having to do the group dance right after his main dance, and what did the judges say was the distinguishing factor?  Stamina. 

Right three in the final in my humble opinion. 

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #92 on: 18 December, 2010, 08:25:39 pm »
Ooh looking good so far, I though that Pamela & James's show dance was a LOT better than the others. Like Tom Chambers when he did a mixture of different dances, but his was very comical too. It's going to be hard who will win this.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #93 on: 18 December, 2010, 08:34:01 pm »
But if they're losing one person after 2 dances, why did they make them all learn/rehearse 4 dances?  That's just dim.  They should dance 3 times, then do the vote count (whilst the people who got kicked out do their bit and the finalists get changed for their last dance) and then announce who's the last two standing and the pair kicked out do their fourth dance as their 'farewell'.

I thought that Matt and Aliona's showdance was OK - I'm not that fussed about the acrobatics, but I thought they did it well and convincingly.  Would have strongly preferred Kara and Artem to do more dance, because that's what she's good at so why prat about doing backflips in a jumpsuit and over-reaching yourself such that it really obviously goes wrong.  Pamela's was alright - played to her strengths but felt a bit 'oh look, Dirty Dancing again' to me.

I shall be cross if we don't get to see their new dances.  Pamela in Argentine tango (which I really like), Matt's is a Paso, can anyone remember what Kara is meant to do?

« Reply #94 on: 18 December, 2010, 09:05:04 pm »
I thought Kara's show dance was the best even though she did cock it up in a couple places. Matt just stuck to the gymnastics 'cos that's what he's good at and Pamela just stuck to what she's good at. Boring!!

Kara had the balls to try an audacious routine and it could have easily ended in complete disaster. The fact that the judges scored her so highly on it shows they were impressed with her ability to do and try anything. And she looked hot  :P

CrinklyLion

« Reply #95 on: 18 December, 2010, 10:05:19 pm »
Hmmm.  I think that the format didn't work anywhere near as well as previous years.  But the dancing was probably better, on the whole.

When are they going to get rid of Brucie?

« Reply #96 on: 18 December, 2010, 10:06:18 pm »
Correct winner  :thumbsup:

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #97 on: 18 December, 2010, 10:09:31 pm »
Hmmm.  I think that the format didn't work anywhere near as well as previous years.  But the dancing was probably better, on the whole.

When are they going to get rid of Brucie?

I completely agree with you CL. It felt underwhelming. Kara was beautiful though.

I think this is Brucie's last tbh.

« Reply #98 on: 18 December, 2010, 10:11:25 pm »
Who to replace Brucie? He really did balls up a lot on tonight's shows eh?

« Reply #99 on: 18 December, 2010, 10:46:38 pm »