Author Topic: Gratuitous dog pics?  (Read 116705 times)

Re: Gratuitous dog pics?
« Reply #225 on: 27 May, 2012, 08:38:07 pm »
A few pics of our new arrival, as yet un-named.  He's a retriever-border collie cross.

Despite the soulful looks he is a bundle of laughs, just impossible to photograph when he is playing.

« Reply #226 on: 08 June, 2012, 05:22:07 pm »
Sometimes my ears is down:

But if I face into the wind I can make them stay UP

« Reply #227 on: 08 June, 2012, 05:38:24 pm »
He is very cute Pete  :thumbsup:
I bet he will be very keen on bringing tennis balls back for you given his breed(s)!

« Reply #228 on: 08 June, 2012, 05:45:15 pm »
I bet he will be very keen on bringing tennis balls back for you given his breed(s)!

He is quite happy chasing tennis balls around the kitchen floor.... but utterly ignores balls and sticks thrown for him when we go out.
I keep trying but 50+ year old bloke running after tennis balls on a field while small puppy looks on with "watcha doing that for then?" expression is .... how can I put this? .... undignified ?   

Yes I know I look sillier dressed in lycra but....

simonp

« Reply #229 on: 07 July, 2012, 02:32:31 pm »

IMG_1033 by SimonP2006, on Flickr

Untitled by SimonP2006, on Flickr

simonp

« Reply #230 on: 07 July, 2012, 03:06:48 pm »

IMG_1016 by SimonP2006, on Flickr

simonp

« Reply #231 on: 07 July, 2012, 03:29:20 pm »

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #232 on: 07 July, 2012, 05:16:26 pm »
Hi Everybody

Please say hello to our latest Guide Dog puppy, Blaze, who arrived on Thursday.

She will spend the next 12 months with us before she goes on to guide Dog school in London.

Cute Guide Dog Puppy!

Next week should see the arrival of my parents fifth guide dog puppy, Nellie!  Pics to follow!

BrianI

« Reply #233 on: 07 July, 2012, 05:40:44 pm »
My parents past guide dog puppies:

2008 , Lara the yellow Labrador:

Qualified to be a guide dog!

2009, Zeus the Labrador x Retriever:

Qualified to be a guide dog

2010, Queenie, the black Labrador:

Qualified as a brood bitch, so hopefully will be producing more guide dog puppies soon!

2011 onwards  - Velvet, the black Labrador:

photo taken of her May 2012 just before she went to the Guide Dog Centre at Forfar. She is now in the breeding program!

simonp

« Reply #234 on: 09 July, 2012, 11:51:48 pm »
Are we going out?

IMG_1444 by SimonP2006, on Flickr

Throw the ball then!

IMG_1445 by SimonP2006, on Flickr

« Reply #235 on: 10 July, 2012, 04:08:33 pm »
Excellent pics in the last few posts, Simonp. Especially:

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #236 on: 10 July, 2012, 04:55:36 pm »
Poppy and Poppies

Halfway down the stairs

My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #237 on: 10 July, 2012, 07:31:30 pm »
Awwww I bet Google would love Poppy. He would probably be a bit too big and bouncy to be an acceptable boyfriend for her though!

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #238 on: 10 July, 2012, 07:35:03 pm »
She would be all submissive for the first five mins (if he were smaller she'd be super-bossy) and then would run around quite happily with him. She can be rather feisty if the mood takes her.

The photo on the stairs would have been so much better with a proper camera. I just found her with her head resting between the spindles and it was such a great shot, but my iPhone camera is pants!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #239 on: 10 July, 2012, 07:37:46 pm »
She would be all submissive for the first five mins (if he were smaller she'd be super-bossy) and then would run around quite happily with him. She can be rather feisty if the mood takes her.

The photo on the stairs would have been so much better with a proper camera. I just found her with her head resting between the spindles and it was such a great shot, but my iPhone camera is pants!

I can't get good pics of Squidge with my iPhone camera because she is mostly black and always comes out looking 'flat' or out of focus. Simons very nice digital Canon SLR seems to do the trick though, I finally have some great pics of the 2 dogs together  :thumbsup:

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....

BrianI

« Reply #241 on: 10 July, 2012, 08:16:46 pm »
Parent's N+1 Guide Dog Puppy arrived safely today!

Introducing Nellie, Lab x Retriever:

Introducing a rather sleepy Nellie:

And yes, she does still have the lovely puppy smell!   ;D

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #242 on: 10 July, 2012, 08:57:35 pm »
Halfway down the stairs

http://christt.bandcamp.com/track/halfway-down

:)
When I was a kid I had a muppets album with a different setting of the song. Which I still sing to myself quite often. And to the dog as she has a tendency to sleep on the stairs so she can keep an eye on everything...

« Reply #243 on: 12 July, 2012, 07:36:52 pm »
I've become a dog owner, much to the surprise of everyone who knows me.  I know virtually nothing about dogs, but he seems to have taken to me and me to him.  Polly on the other hand has owned three border collies that have spanned most of her life.
He's an 18 month old border collie who belonged to neighbour of ours in France who's moving away for work and will be living in a flat.

IMG_5647 by RWPD, on Flickr

IMG_5816 by RWPD, on Flickr

IMG_5671 by RWPD, on Flickr

« Reply #244 on: 12 July, 2012, 07:39:23 pm »
Awww CptBob he is a real looker! He looks really intelligent too  :thumbsup:

« Reply #245 on: 12 July, 2012, 09:12:28 pm »
Awww CptBob he is a real looker! He looks really intelligent too  :thumbsup:

And he speaks French!  We're working on his English otherwise I'm going to look a bit pretentious in Horsham park giving him French instructions.  Polly's taught him to cock his leg on command which he does until I presume he's run out.  Quite handy to get that out of the way if you're wandering round a market.

Gratuitous dog pics?
« Reply #246 on: 12 July, 2012, 11:10:30 pm »
Astra has been trained in Swedish. Our first dog was acquired while living in Sweden, so naturally I did puppy classes etc there and learned the Swedish commands. When I got Astra, I didn't want to go through the confusion of trying to retrain myself and potentially get confused, so I stuck to the commands I knew. I figured it'd make her unstealable, but she's actually too friendly for that to work...but at least I can prove she's mine quickly and effectively!

« Reply #247 on: 12 July, 2012, 11:24:54 pm »
People have said it's tone of voice, but he seems to ignore "come here" totally, but responds immediately to "viens ici".  He's had his rabies jab, so we'll be able to bring him home on Monday week.  At least walking the dog is something I will be able to do whilst I'm off the bike.

« Reply #248 on: 16 July, 2012, 08:51:49 pm »
Squidge likes to lie down with her ball for a little rest on her walks. She doesnt give a sh*t if it's muddy  ;D

"Here mum, throw my ball again"

« Reply #249 on: 16 July, 2012, 09:51:53 pm »
At least Google is colour coordinated with mud!

Do you have to plonk them in the bath and wash them down with a shower attachment, when they come in that colour?  I've had to do that with my brothers daft spaniel.

I've used a hose on a dog in the back garden in the past, on a hot sunny day, but that has the disadvantage of generating more mud if they're sat on the grass, so can be self perpetuating!
Actually, it is rocket science.