General Category > Velo Fixe

FWC Questions

(1/3) > >>

HeltorChasca:
My 50th birthday project involves building a fixie. It’s an itch I’ve wanted to scratch since PBP earlier this year. Also read midlife crisis

I understand the point scoring mathematics but I don’t understand how it is logged and the AUK site makes no sense to me. Do you run a spread sheet? have an annual brevet card that gets stamped in calendar events? and how do you record DIYs? Do you pay an extra £1 for every fixed ride?

I get that it’s down to honesty and ‘the excellence of Audax’ but could someone gently explain please? 

Thank you.

LittleWheelsandBig:
There used to be a FWC brevet card that would be stamped or signed at the finish of brevets but I've not seen one of those for years.
https://www.audax.uk/awards-pages/fixed-wheel/fwc-regulations/
https://www.audax.uk/awards-pages/fixed-wheel/faqs/

Otherwise it is a case of claiming your total near the season's end. Unjustified claims would likely get called out pretty hard by their peers, particularly if they had one of the larger totals.

GavinC:
There is still a FWC brevet card that you get stamped at the end of calendar events or sign yourself in the case of perms or DIYs - it has space to record 25 rides. You pay £1 to the organiser, Richard Phipps, for the brevet card but there are no other charges for doing rides. At the end of each season,  as LWaB says, you let Richard have your points claim for the year. It’s all very straightforward once you start doing it  :thumbsup:

Tomsk:
Three cheers for physical brevets - still around for the FWC/SFW awards, though I'm sure Mr Phixie accepts other methods of recording your fixed rides. The controlleur at the PBP arriveé knew what mine was for. (Not so subtle brag!)

Ian H:
I would just write a polite email to Mr P detailing my fixed events and he'd reply with the email equivalent of a pat on the head.  The only time I got told off was in 2015 when I failed to get a fixed Hyper SR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version