Author Topic: Bad news for Clarion  (Read 2315 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Re: Bad news for Clarion
« Reply #1 on: 06 August, 2012, 07:08:24 pm »
Who cares? London is on 19 medals so I'm told.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2012, 08:18:51 pm »

Have you defined London?

I would imagine that most County sporting associations would be based on very old boundaries, so I'm afraid you can't have Havering, Redbridge, Barking & Dagenham, Newham or Waltham Forest because they belong to Essex.  :demon:
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #3 on: 06 August, 2012, 09:07:46 pm »

Have you defined London?

I would imagine that most County sporting associations would be based on very old boundaries, so I'm afraid you can't have Havering, Redbridge, Barking & Dagenham, Newham or Waltham Forest because they belong to Essex.  :demon:

I'll settle for anywhere inside the M25. All your bases belong us!

Psychler

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
  • 33.2 miles from Steeple Bumpstead
« Reply #4 on: 07 August, 2012, 02:10:10 am »
More impressively, the village of Stotfold [pop. 6,000] is on one Gold with another to come. 
I'm gonna limp to the pub and drink 'til the rest of me is as numb as my arse.

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
« Reply #5 on: 07 August, 2012, 04:40:11 am »
More impressively, the village of Stotfold [pop. 6,000] is on one Gold with another to come.

Never heard of Stotfold, but Australia should adopt it.  With a pop of 22,000,000 we can only manage to equal the might of Stofold.  These olympics are quite forgettable - on at the wrong time of day and no golds.  Worse, the motherland is having a blinder.  Ho-hum.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6 on: 07 August, 2012, 06:01:56 am »
Stotfold also boasts a Commonwealth Games gold medal in a not-cycling sport but seems to have missed that chance of olympic gold.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #7 on: 07 August, 2012, 03:12:31 pm »

Never heard of Stotfold, but Australia should adopt it.  With a pop of 22,000,000 we can only manage to equal the might of Stofold.  These olympics are quite forgettable - on at the wrong time of day and no golds.  Worse, the motherland is having a blinder.  Ho-hum.
Yorkshire could beat Australia with one arm tied behind it's back while drinking a cup of tea.

:P
<i>Marmite slave</i>

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #8 on: 07 August, 2012, 03:18:07 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #9 on: 07 August, 2012, 03:21:24 pm »

Yorkshire could beat Australia with one arm tied behind it's back while drinking a cup of tea.

:P

A cup?  Nay,lad, a mug

And The Rest Of The World for afters. ;D

« Reply #10 on: 07 August, 2012, 03:35:24 pm »
If Yorkshire entered as a country, they'd be tenth in the medal table.
<i>Marmite slave</i>