Author Topic: tnaR  (Read 58510 times)

Re: tnaR
« Reply #125 on: 23 July, 2020, 11:38:27 pm »
There is a road on my current vehicular commute that is also regularly frequented by riders of four legged beasts of unreliable character.

This evening I rounded one bend and spied ahead two of said beasts and riders. Now I know the road, I therefore know I cannot catch and pass said beasts before I reach a blind left hand bend, with a right turn on it. I also know the right turn is common practise for these beasts as it leads to the bridleways rather than the road through the hamlet. Therefore it was an easy decision not to accelerate after the speed bumps and just wait for the beasts to meander to the junction and turn off of my route.

Hopefully somewhere on a forum frequented by those strange people who make beasts rather than machines carry them there is a similar post about a considerate driver.  :smug:

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #126 on: 10 November, 2020, 07:04:23 pm »
Kudos to the chap on the path round the back of the Banbury Reservoir the evening for his cheery ”thank you” as he passed this keeping-well-to-the-left Pedestrian Unit.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #127 on: 08 March, 2021, 06:06:38 pm »
Sent a thank you message to the van driver who parked and waited until I had time to take his details as witness after my pal Ken got knocked off by a car pulling out. Fortunately Ken's OK, just a slight sore knee and the bike needs some bar tape. I spent a bit of time taking pictures and informing the driver that Ken did not just 'fall off' but was pushed!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #128 on: 09 June, 2023, 06:24:23 pm »
Shock horror!  Not only did a Thoughtful Motor-ist stop to allow me and the Perfectly Good Gentleman’s Mountain Bicycle to turn right across his path, but he was driving a BMW!

I need a lie down…

« Reply #129 on: 09 June, 2023, 07:18:40 pm »
From earlier in the week: The WVM who drew alongside after I picked myself up (pothole/bike interaction), wound the window down, checked I was OK and did I want a lift? (Not necessary as only 50 metres from home). Cheered me up quite a bit.

« Reply #130 on: 09 June, 2023, 11:46:13 pm »
From earlier in the week: The WVM who drew alongside after I picked myself up (pothole/bike interaction), wound the window down, checked I was OK and did I want a lift? (Not necessary as only 50 metres from home). Cheered me up quite a bit.
:thumbsup:  (That's not in response to your off of course ...)
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #131 on: 10 June, 2023, 01:54:38 pm »
Grateful to a lovely group of young holiday makers who stopped on their walk to check I was OK mending a puncture caused by a two inch nail. Assured them I was OK as I confidently plugged the tubeless tyre. But they said that if I was stuck, they were staying in a cottage just along the bridleway.
Half an hour later, I admitted defeat (rim tape ripped) and walked to the cottage, where I left the bike and they gave me a lift back to my car. There are some really kind people out there.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #132 on: 24 October, 2023, 07:43:47 pm »
Big ups to the driver of the W15 who stopped dead in the middle of a mini-roundabout this arvo to allow me and the Perfectly Good Gentleman’s Mountain Bicycle off the shared use path and onto Larrington Towers Road.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #133 on: 06 November, 2023, 01:55:25 pm »
It's difficult to exit the car park of the branch of Kwik-Fit diwn by the Crooked Billet roundabout because Kwik-Fit prevents you seeing up the road.  Hence drivers need to pull across the pavement and cycle path to see approaching traffic.  So props to the Kwik-Fit Fitter who saw me and the Perfectly Good Gentleman’s Mountain Bicycle approaching and reversed his big van back into the car park to let me by :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #134 on: 06 November, 2023, 02:08:26 pm »
Kwik-Fit Fitter

I've never knowingly frequented Kwik-Fit, but I like to imagine they really do that just-got-their-A-level-results leap after finishing the work on each vehicle.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #135 on: 06 November, 2023, 02:19:53 pm »
I've been an all-too-frequent customer of that branch in the past couple of years and have never noticed them leaping chiz.  I expect it’s been Cancelled because Elf'n'Safe Tea gorn mad innit.

« Reply #136 on: 01 December, 2023, 08:39:23 pm »
Cycling to work this morning and have to cross the entrance to an industrial estate. Thankfully I know what's on the estate fairly well so have an idea which vehicles are entering it.

This morning got into the middle and a 18tonne truck held back to let me cross, there's just room for a vehicle to get past the truck on the blind side to me so I proceed with caution. A van was trying to come past on the blind side so the truck driver started on horn to alert I guess me and the van driver. Van stopped and I crossed before turning and giving the truck driver a big thumbs up

« Reply #137 on: 13 December, 2023, 05:44:40 pm »
Had a miracle of Christmas cycling home today. On a fairly large i think B road heading from Boreham to pass Crix for those in the local know. Aware a big vehicle is behind me, actually thought was a bus but turned out to be a lorry. They couldn't safely pass so as I passed a junction I moved into it and waved the lorry past. Got a few honks from the lorry as a thanks

I expected to then get stuck in the junction as was a fair bit of traffic which had backed up behind the lorry but no the first vehicle held back and flashed me out