Author Topic: Valuation and what to buy next.  (Read 1503 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Valuation and what to buy next.
« on: 17 October, 2016, 05:56:51 pm »
We have 2*Nikon DSLRs. On is a D5000 and the other a D60 . Both look picture count, no lens (see why, below) what does the panel think I might be able to get for them?

Why? Well we don't need 2, they hardly get used, so have decided on just selling the two and buying a newer model. We have invested a fair chunk of change in Nikon mount lenses, hence why we would be offering the bodies only. What would be the best current model to go for. None of us is David Bailey, so any high end features would probably be wasted on us.

Lastly, anyone want to buy either body?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
Re: Valuation and what to buy next.
« Reply #1 on: 18 October, 2016, 10:19:26 am »
If you're a casual photographer I'd suggest either one of the D3xxx or D5xxx range, but get a nearly new one s/h (say from Wex or MPB or another of the respected used gear dealers). Although I mainly use a Lumix m4/3 camera, I do also own a D3300*. It's a relatively basic camera (no flippy screen, no wifi, only a few buttons etc) but what it does it does extremely well. It's also quite compact, very light, feels comfortable in the hands and the controls are very positive.

Sorry, I can't help you with value apart from the suggestion of looking at similar items for sale in the usual places.

* I bought it from Wex for a couple of hundred or so nearly new (body only with an extra battery) because I had a Nikon lens (long story). Since my son has a habit of nicking my Lumix - and who am I to stop him? - I end up using it more than I expected.
Pen Pusher

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Valuation and what to buy next.
« Reply #2 on: 18 October, 2016, 10:31:35 am »
I was thinking c£100 for the D60 and maybe a little more for the D5000, depending on their condition and shutter count. Obviously far less if you part exchange.
It is simpler than it looks.