Author Topic: Infinity Saddle for Audax  (Read 13946 times)

Re: Infinity Saddle for Audax
« Reply #50 on: 24 May, 2022, 06:26:16 pm »
Yes here -

https://cushion-aid.com/
I think they are the opposite of what is asked for. They anchor you in position, make all movement chafing against your shorts and would IMO be a disaster for audax.

« Reply #51 on: 24 May, 2022, 09:12:26 pm »
Some good reviews though so cant be all bad!

Also, a lot cheaper, so may be worth trying.

« Reply #52 on: 06 June, 2022, 04:46:28 pm »
I managed to buy a second hand, unused Brooks Cambium C13 Carved from eBay. For me, the hammock design seems to distribute the area of support better than the SMP saddle I was using previously, so I don't get the point loads on my sit bones, but crucially don't get numbness from pressure further forward, either. I tested it out successfully on a 600 and got round without any problems. Definitely the best of the various saddles I have tried recently (for my particular situation). I have not put so many testing miles into the Tioga Spyder, but I think it does spread the load in a similar way, although it is a bit stiffer and the hammock effect is not as pronounced as the Brooks.

Another thing I tried on the 600 was applying Hydrocolloid plasters before the event (I have previously used them as first aid for saddle sores on long distance, multi day riding). I can't definitively say that they were effective as a preventative measure, but they certainly didn't make things worse.

I'm happy with the Cambium, so I'm not investigating the Infinity any further for now, but interested to hear what experience other people have with the saddle.

« Reply #53 on: 16 May, 2023, 12:26:43 am »
I'm interested in trying one of these but the only uk source will only offer demos as part of a £250 bike fit. http://www.ten-point.co.uk/infinity-saddles/

I use ISM saddles and have no numbness issues but am rather sore after a 400k over the weekend. I'm only 63kg and have no padding on my sit bones.

Does anyone have an Infinity they don't get on with and would sell?
Or have one I could try for a short test ride to see if I could rule them out?

I'm in SW London but willing to travel.

Thanks
I thought ten point had stopped even offering that.  I will have a look and see if I have one of the old ones somewhere.  I gave one to my niece in law who loves it after not getting on with other saddles. So I may have given it away.

You could buy one on Ebay then flog it round YACF at a £10 per sale reduction so everybody gets to try them.

A year on, another 400k ride, and I'm looking into this again.

Does anyone have an Infinity they don't get on with and would sell?
Or have one I could try for a short test ride to see if I could rule them out?

I can't see any on Ebay but Precise Performance have the E2 model for sale for £275.
https://precise-performance.co.uk/product/infinity-bike-seat-black-elite-e2/
Is this the model others have used?

That is a lot of money for a saddle but I feel I need to try one. As Chris says, if it doesn't work out I can probably sell it on to someone else here.

« Reply #54 on: 16 May, 2023, 09:13:53 am »
I have tried one and dont really get on with it although I know some people really love them

I may consider selling for £160

PM me if interested.

« Reply #55 on: 16 May, 2023, 10:07:38 am »
I saw a tandem sporting Infinity's for both steerer & stoker at the weekend.  :thumbsup: