Author Topic: Nameplates  (Read 5194 times)

alfapete

• Oh dear
Nameplates
« on: 25 January, 2022, 01:50:21 pm »
On previous LELs (and PBPs too) riders have had the option of a nameplate to attach to the bike perhaps displaying the flag of your country of origin and your real and/or yacf name. They're intended as a way in to conversations along the way, and make a great souvenir afterwards. These are in addition to your rider number which will be provided by the ride organisers.
In 2017 I did the admin for these and they were provided at nominal cost.
It took a fair amount of time and a large number of emails to organise but it was very rewarding to see them displayed as the riders arrived at Barnard Castle where I was the controller.
Would anyone like to take over the provision of these this time around? I'll do it myself if there's not a volunteer but happy to hand it over if someone is keen.

alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

ealer

• novice audaxer
Re: Nameplates
« Reply #1 on: 25 January, 2022, 10:24:03 pm »
Hi Pete
I've learnt a huge amount from these pages so if I can help in a small way I'd be happy to take over - feel free to drop me a line.

« Reply #2 on: 26 January, 2022, 08:37:42 am »
Did you also supply the equivalent YACF volunteer badges?
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #3 on: 26 January, 2022, 08:44:52 am »
Did you also supply the equivalent YACF volunteer badges?

Indeed, I did. They weren't hugely popular so I was undecided about bothering with them this time but that's a decision for the next organiser, perhaps.
I've PM'd ealer.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #4 on: 26 January, 2022, 09:41:06 am »
On previous LEL's (and PBP's too) riders have had the option of a nameplate to attach to the bike perhaps displaying the flag of your country of origin .....         
Some riders who plan ahead are still wearing their PBP frame plate.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #5 on: 30 January, 2022, 09:48:52 pm »
As the LEL money man .. I think these were a real benefit for riders .. so if this is being picked up  i think I need a conversation with Danial about publicising it and getting lots of our riders to take the opportunity up .. not just AUK members who pick this up from YACF. So numbers could be well up on 2017 numbers if it gets picked up on a wider basis .
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

ealer

• novice audaxer
« Reply #6 on: 31 January, 2022, 08:59:42 am »
Hi all

I have volunteered to take over the admin for these this year.  Just sorting out template design and logistics and then I will notify you all.

ealer

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #7 on: 31 January, 2022, 11:30:06 pm »
I think LEL  might need to think carefully whether the actual frame plate gets a rejig and includes more info .. so don't get too far ahead thinking about this yet.
Roger .. LEL finance guy

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #8 on: 01 February, 2022, 09:09:46 am »
I think LEL  might need to think carefully whether the actual frame plate gets a rejig and includes more info .. so don't get too far ahead thinking about this yet.
Roger .. LEL finance guy

This has always been a private yacf matter in the past financed by the riders who requested a 'plate (and approved but not endorsed by the Organisers) but I guess if LEL want to pick up the tab....

ealer

• novice audaxer
« Reply #9 on: 01 February, 2022, 09:15:58 am »
Roger .. LEL finance guy

Ok Roger - please feel free to PM me when you have an answer from the top, but as alfapete says these are not 'official' merch....

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #10 on: 01 February, 2022, 08:40:10 pm »
Speaking of LEL merch, any chance of those round stickers that someone made in 2017 making a comeback?  Still treasure them on my mudguards!

And Roger, if LEL is in need of a bit of extra income, may I suggest "vanity" starting numbers? I would pay (modestly  :)) to start again as Z43...

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #11 on: 01 February, 2022, 11:50:39 pm »
I have strong suspicion that we have enough on our plates not to add vanity numbers to the list of " TO DO " .. but if those with places do not take them up .. leaving us  a bit short of income .. then it may come back as an idea .

ealer

• novice audaxer
« Reply #12 on: 20 February, 2022, 06:09:49 pm »
Many thanks to alfapete for sharing his materials and experience from 2017.  The 2022 versions are now ready - save for some new logos they look remarkably similar!  (Hopefully this link will work):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oyXkozeLhFd95Aix5

Please note these are just for fun, and are not official LEL merchandise - the organisers will supply you with small numbered frameplates to use on your bike during the event - these are an optional extra! For those unfamiliar with the concept they are intended for attaching to your saddlebag or rack so others can address you appropriately during the ride. You can punch the cards and use zipties to attach them however you like.

The two designs differ only in the presence or absence of the yacf logo.

Size is A6 (105mm x 148mm), and you can specify two lines of text of up to 14 characters each. In addition you can request any flag (but only one!) you like for inclusion.

Despite the UK inflation crisis the cost is unchanged at £2 but if you want more than one then the second and subsequent ones will be only £1 each - prices include delivery.

There are also pinbadges available with the same design as the Nameplates. These are intended for volunteers to wear at controls, but they could be worn by anyone. These will be 85mm x 55mm and will cost £1.50 each.

If you're interested please email me direct on martineales@hotmail.co.uk and I'll take your order details.
Closing date for orders will be around the end of May.

« Reply #13 on: 20 February, 2022, 07:37:01 pm »
Option 1

« Reply #14 on: 20 February, 2022, 07:38:23 pm »
Option 2

ealer

• novice audaxer
« Reply #15 on: 20 February, 2022, 09:12:43 pm »
Thanks very much Phil - that was beyond my IT skills.

ealer

• novice audaxer
« Reply #16 on: 01 April, 2022, 04:56:13 pm »
Dear all

Happy April!  This is another promotional push for personalised LEL (and YACF if desired) nameplates and volunteer badges as shown in the illustrations above.  Very good value! Please email me directly at martineales@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

ealer

• novice audaxer
« Reply #17 on: 25 April, 2022, 02:23:18 pm »
Just a bump to get this chat back to the top of the list and remind you to get your nameplate orders in by 30 May please!

See Option 1 (LEL + YACF logos) or Option 2 (just LEL logo) above
Pick your preferred 2 lines of text & flag

£2.00 for 1, £1.00 each for extras.  Includes UK postage - costs a little more overseas.

Email me direct on martineales@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

ealer

• novice audaxer
« Reply #18 on: 17 May, 2022, 09:29:17 am »
FINAL PLUG FOR NAMEPLATE ORDERS!

I am going to close down the list at the end of the month and sort out the printing so please email me your choices and details to:

martineales@hotmail.co.uk

[All details further up this thread]

Please could someone also help me out by adding a similar reminder to the LEL Facebook group?  Thanks

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #19 on: 17 May, 2022, 12:09:20 pm »
FINAL PLUG FOR NAMEPLATE ORDERS!
Please could someone also help me out by adding a similar reminder to the LEL Facebook group?  Thanks

Will do, Martin.

Have done so now.

ealer

• novice audaxer
« Reply #20 on: 17 June, 2022, 09:14:14 am »
Hi all

Nameplates and badges orders should be arriving with you through the post in the next few days.

Thanks to everyone who ordered - get your hole punch and zipties ready.

See you in August.

« Reply #21 on: 17 June, 2022, 02:07:53 pm »
Received today - thanks! Makes it feel that little bit closer...  :-\

« Reply #22 on: 17 June, 2022, 03:46:29 pm »
Just over 7 weeks away.

mr ben

• Some routes may be arduous.
    • ramblings and randonees
« Reply #23 on: 17 June, 2022, 04:30:34 pm »
Mine arrived today, many thanks! Seeming more real now… :o Once I have this weekend’s obligatory visitations out of the way I shouldn’t have any other distractions from preparations.
Think it possible that you may be mistaken.

« Reply #24 on: 28 June, 2022, 08:58:31 am »
Whhooo hooo! My plates have arrived.  Really pleased with them!
Thank you so much. See ya all in August.

Mj