Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
2°C and very wet down here this morning, rime on the trees up on the ridge out back. Northerly wind. Bleh.
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Seen today
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 08:29:33 am »
Last night, for the second time in 25 years, we saw a hedgehog in our garden. A nice fat healthy looking one too.  And this morning I saw our resident Kestrel on a wire. And the first dead mouse of the season in the kitchen, courtesy of Phoebe the killer cat.
The Pub / Re: Can we reboot Tune Association?
« Last post by IanDG on Today at 08:22:37 am »
Yes, start again at regular intervals.

I'd just like to add that a squid eating dough in a Polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Online Banking Problem.
« Last post by andrewc on Today at 08:19:12 am »
And now, without any intervention or changes she can log on again…….   She’s done it a couple of times to make sure it was ok.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Online Banking Problem.
« Last post by fruitcake on Today at 08:11:15 am »
Can the 2FA landline number be substituted for a mobile number? That way the verification code would not go through the BT hub. It could also be sent as SMS which may be more convenient.
Racing / Re: A random racing thread for non Grand Tour stuff.
« Last post by Flite on Today at 07:51:17 am »
(click to show/hide)
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by phantasmagoriana on Today at 07:37:28 am »
Fortunately, it seems I may not need to resort to destruction: checking back through thousands of cat photos on my phone, I realised that I had the sense to take a photo of the key when I first got it, so a replacement is now on order from Kryptonite.

On second thoughts, I'm not confident of getting this any time soon: looking back at my Kryptonite account, I can see that I ordered a spare for my New York lock, having lost one (but, crucially, not all!), in February 2023. It's been so long that I'd forgotten I'd even ordered it; needless to say, no key has arrived. :-\

If similar wait times are to be expected, I might need that angle grinder after all...

EDIT: Looking through their Facebook page, reports of their customer service are...not good. Think I may have to write off the $20 I've paid for replacement keys and go and spend £25 on an angle grinder from Lidl! The combined cost will be more than I paid for the bike in the first place. :(
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by robgul on Today at 07:19:57 am »
Club run around Warwickshire (I was Ride Captain) - just 39.7 miles but as that constitutes 23% of my total mileage for 2024 I was suffering a bit when I got back to the start, especially the retur run into strong headwinds.   Upside was an excellent pub, where we had not been before - The Tom O'The Wood at Rowington.
The Pub / Re: Can we reboot Tune Association?
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 07:12:29 am »
You could reduce it considerably by deleting the replies referring to Half Man Half Biscuit.

And I belive the above may actually be a HMHB song
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 07:00:10 am »
Wordle 1,034 2/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10