Author Topic: BBQ..?  (Read 1366 times)

BBQ..?
« on: 10 April, 2011, 08:26:55 pm »
Had a BBQ? How did it go?   Good recipes?  

What a weekend, we had one yesterday.  Using our cheapo B&Q charcoal foldable.  (Discovered some rate it... Barbecues - 10 of the best ).  Lamb kebabs went down well.

Lamb steaks cut up into cubes.
Coat lamb  in a natural yoghurt/mint sauce/lemon juice/garlic/olive oil mix (quantities - whatever you like  ;) ).
Skewer lamb, with onion chunks interspersed.

Nom, nom, nom.

Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Re: BBQ..?
« Reply #1 on: 10 April, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »
yep, lamb kebabs here too..  Marinaded in yoghurt, chilli, cumin, ginger, turmeric overnight, speared with alternating bits of pepper and discs of sweetcorn.   Lovely.    We had some chicken legs which had been marinading in the same stuff, they were also v. good.

then bbq bananans - absolutely amazing.

« Reply #2 on: 10 April, 2011, 10:40:36 pm »
Sounds good - have to try those. :)
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
« Reply #3 on: 11 April, 2011, 11:19:15 am »
How are you doing the BBQ bananas then? Wrapped in foil or just straight on the grill?
Owner of a languishing Langster

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4 on: 11 April, 2011, 11:24:20 am »
How are you doing the BBQ bananas then? Wrapped in foil or just straight on the grill?

Cut banana along length (still in skin), not all the way through, or all the way along.  Insert chocolate buttons into slit, wrap in foil and chuck on dying embers whilst other food eaten.

nomnomnommy goodness, eat with ice cream for full effect :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #5 on: 11 April, 2011, 11:27:58 am »
Replace chocolate buttons above with rum. Nomness....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #6 on: 11 April, 2011, 12:11:15 pm »
No no Mars Bars chopped up are what you need in BBQ bananas.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #7 on: 11 April, 2011, 12:23:50 pm »
I dont add chocolate (yet) but Rum is pretty important.  You can flambee them in the foil too which looks impressive :D

« Reply #8 on: 11 April, 2011, 12:41:58 pm »

then bbq bananans - absolutely amazing.

Best (leaving aside alcoholic versions) when slit along the length and packed with chocolate or Nutella before wrapping in foil and cooking.   :D
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #9 on: 11 April, 2011, 03:11:59 pm »
Nothing special to eat, but excellent company, sunshine and beer is what really makes a BBQ.

p.s. the garden is a work in progress, plz to be ignoring weeds and pretending that my lawn has already grown.

Old gas BBQ, with the burners ripped out dumped in our garden by previous tenants, other than the lack of gas burners it is in decent nick - so no need to buy a new one! Woo! Also, they did the hard work of ripping out the burners, saving me a job.

That is 2x small disposable BBQs and 1x large disposable BBQ. Cost £11 :thumbsup:

After a bit of re-engineering of the disposables I have got a mesh bottom to create an air box made from the grill mesh of the two small BBQs.

I cut and folded the base of the large disposable BBQ to fit the bottom of the real BBQ, destined to sit on top of the mesh air box and perforated it a bit.

Load with newspaper (remember to remove tools before lighting!)

Take picture of beautiful cherry blossom tree and one of your mates being hungover

Add meat :thumbsup:

Make the neighbours jealous of BBQ goodness ;D

nom nom nom nom :D

p.p.s. My hand is not actually that colour - I am wearing handling gloves, that tinfoil stuff is sharp.

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart