Author Topic: Polytopia  (Read 1186 times)

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
Polytopia
« on: 22 March, 2020, 07:02:04 am »
Anyone else playing Polytopia?

After my eye surgery I restarted playing Championship Manager after many years simply because the only thing I could focus on was a phone screen 6"fron my face. Then my son suggested Polytopia, a bit like Civ with stand alone and online modes. Now with WFH and isolation modes  ;D we have a fun 1v1v1 league going.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: Polytopia
« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2020, 08:13:47 am »
I quite enjoy Polytopia, in a Civ-lite kind of way. I think I’ve played it to death though.

Currently enjoying Panic Inc...

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/mar/21/plague-inc-pandemic-gaming-coronavirus-animal-crossing-horizon
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Pedal Castro

« Reply #2 on: 22 March, 2020, 08:50:25 am »
I quite enjoy Polytopia, in a Civ-lite kind of way. I think I’ve played it to death though.

Currently enjoying Panic Inc...

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/mar/21/plague-inc-pandemic-gaming-coronavirus-animal-crossing-horizon

That's a fun game too but like you and Polytopia I played that to death (!?) some years ago.  :o

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #3 on: 22 March, 2020, 12:21:44 pm »
Just downloaded Polytopia; looks a real time sink that may be useful in the coming weeks

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #4 on: 25 November, 2020, 07:51:48 pm »
Polytopia has just had a major upgrade - now comes with 'Creative' mode where you have a lot more freedom over the settings, including the ability to choose a map type (archipelago, continents, islands etc) and size, which goes up to 'massive' (900 tiles).

Excuse me, I'm going to be busy for a while...
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Pedal Castro

« Reply #5 on: 26 November, 2020, 07:17:54 am »
The new update makes the starting positions more even so its not a case of the best spawn wins in the multiplayer games. Also players can now play the same tribes.

My ID is AjninKrad if you want to add me as a "friend".