Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1109744 times)

Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #1000 on: 09 January, 2009, 06:18:54 pm »
I've just receive a parcel of goodies in the post. Thank you, Annie! :)

This post(er) may contain traces of sugar ;)

GillP

« Reply #1001 on: 09 January, 2009, 06:52:51 pm »
I would like to give the NHS a big cheer. (Unusual I know) My eldest went to the docs yesterday afternoon with belly ache, was admitted straight to the hospital and by 11 o'clock last night he was minus his appendix  :-X Couldn't ask for quicker treatment than that.

Amazingly he was discharged this afternoon and is now back in the care of his Dad with another two weeks off work, having just had four weeks off for Christmas  ::-) That's army life for you.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1002 on: 09 January, 2009, 06:54:59 pm »
I would like to give the NHS a big cheer. (Unusual I know) My eldest went to the docs yesterday afternoon with belly ache, was admitted straight to the hospital and by 11 o'clock last night he was minus his appendix  :-X Couldn't ask for quicker treatment than that.

Amazingly he was discharged this afternoon and is now back in the care of his Dad with another two weeks off work, having just had four weeks off for Christmas  ::-) That's army life for you.

Better out than in!  Both the appendix and your son (less chance of picking up a hospital acquired infection).
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

GillP

« Reply #1003 on: 09 January, 2009, 07:51:06 pm »

Better out than in!  Both the appendix and your son (less chance of picking up a hospital acquired infection).

That's more or less the same conclusion we came to Reg!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1004 on: 09 January, 2009, 07:54:50 pm »
Gosh.  Best wishes to him.  And a :-* to you.
Getting there...

« Reply #1005 on: 13 January, 2009, 05:12:16 pm »
5-a-side starts again tonight. This is going to hurt but I'm looking forward to playing regularly again. :)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1006 on: 14 January, 2009, 04:21:39 pm »
Good news - have just handed in my dissertation for my Masters  : )

I have already got my Diploma (in Library & Information Studies) so I hear back at the end of March if I have a fail/pass/merit/distinction. I would settle for a merit, but I think the distinction is a pipe-dream.

Anyway - its all done!

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1007 on: 15 January, 2009, 11:28:26 pm »
Good luck with the MA, HW!

My son's remarkably clever girlfriend has a BSc in Psychology (First Class) and recently received her marks in her MA in Jungian Studies (Distinction) which is all the more impressive when one considers that both degrees were from English Universities and English is in fact her 3rd language, being as she is a Finn of Swedish extraction. None of this stops her being full of self-doubt about her abilities.

My good news is that my recent blood tests are "boringly normal" and the methotrexate is giving me a great deal of relief form arthritic pain. Given that my liver and kidney functionality is fine and that my blood cells are being produced in sufficient numbers and in an acceptable ratio (methotrexate can do damage to all of these), perhaps a small celebration is in order.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #1008 on: 16 January, 2009, 07:55:09 am »
My good news is that my recent blood tests are "boringly normal" and the methotrexate is giving me a great deal of relief form arthritic pain. Given that my liver and kidney functionality is fine and that my blood cells are being produced in sufficient numbers and in an acceptable ratio (methotrexate can do damage to all of these), perhaps a small celebration is in order.

That's great news Wow. I did notice that your post seem to have been pain free for quite a while now. Almost booze free as well, so well done to you and yes indeed, a celebration is certainly in order.

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #1009 on: 18 January, 2009, 06:33:49 pm »

I have tickets for World cup track cycling in Cph in February.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #1010 on: 20 January, 2009, 01:27:47 pm »
Got on the scales this morning. 3kg down on the turn of the year!
Either that or the digital scales are bust.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1011 on: 20 January, 2009, 02:24:12 pm »
My luggage has arrived!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1012 on: 20 January, 2009, 05:50:17 pm »
I am having dinner with Woolly and Peli :)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Chris S

« Reply #1013 on: 20 January, 2009, 06:06:35 pm »
George W Bush is no longer President  :thumbsup: Well... it's Good News isn't it?

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1014 on: 21 January, 2009, 01:49:03 am »
Indeed it is
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1015 on: 21 January, 2009, 11:07:03 am »
If I get off my lazy arse and put in a lap of RP tonight then I'll pass the 10000km mark on the Tempo. (My geared bike has done only 2425.1km).

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #1016 on: 21 January, 2009, 12:42:24 pm »
Last week I got a cheque for £232.31 that I did not expect to have. I like free money.

annie

« Reply #1017 on: 21 January, 2009, 02:46:03 pm »
I got dressed today, I walked to the farm and consumed a sandwich.  I am now back on the sofa but it is a start.  I am exhausted.

« Reply #1018 on: 21 January, 2009, 02:57:54 pm »
I've been told that the right forks (as distinct from the wrong ones delivered with it) for my new Enigma Etape should arrive tomorrow - or Friday if I'm unlucky. I may actually get to ride it on Sunday, after using it as an ornament for 2 months.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #1019 on: 21 January, 2009, 08:06:57 pm »
If I get off my lazy arse and put in a lap of RP tonight then I'll pass the 10000km mark on the Tempo. (My geared bike has done only 2425.1km).

Nope, but...

If I get off my lazy arse and commute in by bike tomorrow (forecast is rain but tailwind) then I'll pass the 10000km mark on the Tempo on the way in.

annie

« Reply #1020 on: 21 January, 2009, 08:12:04 pm »
My new bike has arrived :thumbsup:

« Reply #1021 on: 21 January, 2009, 08:20:23 pm »
My new bike has arrived :thumbsup:

Shall we guess what colour it is  :)
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

annie