Author Topic: I've got tickets to see ....................  (Read 50686 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: I've got tickets to see ....................
« Reply #325 on: 23 September, 2023, 11:14:52 am »
We have been offered tickets for Fascinating Aida tomorrow at the Palace Theatre, Westcliff. I see that they have an accompanist other than Dillie Keane. She produced a few videos during the pandemic and she was looking old and frail.

Example from May 2022: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWYanceCe4&ab_channel=DillieKeane
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #326 on: 23 September, 2023, 07:29:34 pm »
Sisters of Mercy tomorrow. My hopes for the music aren’t super high, but I’m looking forward to being there all the same.

We're going to the Roundhouse too

Bloody hell - the queue to get in!

« Reply #327 on: 23 September, 2023, 07:32:43 pm »
Sisters of Mercy tomorrow. My hopes for the music aren’t super high, but I’m looking forward to being there all the same.

Bloody hell - the queue to get in!
Haha yes. I'm having a bite to eat while it goes down!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

« Reply #328 on: 23 September, 2023, 07:47:03 pm »

I missed this earlier. If you want to say hello, I've got a stripey top - though black and grey - so mostly blending in!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

« Reply #329 on: 24 September, 2023, 01:20:05 am »
Not sure that description would have narrowed it down much ... and we were sitting on the balcony in any case

Enjoyed it, but by god they were playing for themselves not for the crowd! I mean, they quite liked us being there, but I don't think they needed us!

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #330 on: 26 September, 2023, 08:46:09 am »
The Times didn't like it... ★★☆☆☆

With his jet-black mane of hair now a distant memory, Eldritch prowled the stage in a black hoodie, growled his way through old favourites such as Dominion and More, and singularly failed to connect with a cheerful, mostly middle-aged crowd of faithful fans.

Part of the problem was the sound. Whether by accident or design, it was so muddy that it was extremely hard to make out what Eldritch was singing about. There was little variety in the funereal metallic rock dirge, and with the band members in silhouette — although the guitarists Ben Christo and Dylan Smith did their best to strike some classic rock poses — not much in the way of character emanating from the stage. You had to admire Eldritch for finding his style and sticking to it for over 40 years, but the audience were not getting a great deal here.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #331 on: 26 September, 2023, 09:27:16 am »
I'm going to see Jesus Christ Superstar tomorrow evening and my plans have just been upended as that Newcastle United are at home to Man City.
Bugger. Town Centre will be this: drunken chaos.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #332 on: 26 September, 2023, 10:16:01 am »
Ranulph Feinnes 23 October, down the road after work. HK is a bit of a fan. I don't know how good a musician he is though...
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #333 on: 26 September, 2023, 11:06:17 am »
If a guitarist I'd imagine he'd be a better strummer than a fingerpicker.

« Reply #334 on: 26 September, 2023, 08:58:04 pm »
Ranulph Feinnes 23 October, down the road after work. HK is a bit of a fan. I don't know how good a musician he is though...

Let us know what he’s like.   I’m tempted: Scottish dates (2 of) are next year

« Reply #335 on: 08 October, 2023, 01:53:47 pm »
Rich Hall, trialling his new offering “Shot from Canons” at the Court Theatre, Tring. Not until December tho.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #336 on: 16 October, 2023, 12:40:27 pm »
Honeymoan - an up-n-coming indie rock combo whose tracks I've heard I quite like.  Was sold out but got a return thanks to a gig-booking app which I was forced to register with.

They're at the Lexington, my local small venue.  One of those where you play twice in your career - once on the way up and once on the way down.  "Nice to see you back" are the words you don't want to hear.
The sound of one pannier flapping

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #337 on: 16 October, 2023, 12:47:10 pm »
My Young Lady has got tickets for us to see the Brain of Britain Final.  Excite!
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #338 on: 27 October, 2023, 05:25:14 pm »
The Mission, tomorrow night.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #339 on: 27 October, 2023, 05:56:20 pm »

Let us know what he’s like.   I’m tempted: Scottish dates (2 of) are next year

Interesting evening, done without obvious notes but obviously following a script at times. There is a fair chunk on his time as a mercenary in Oman without quite mentioning that he was a mercenary. Obviously mad as a box of frogs and unsurprisingly a product of his time, it was a bit of a shock to glimpse the toll that the life he chose has taken on him.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #340 on: 27 October, 2023, 09:44:35 pm »
Thanks lwab
And sooner than his Scottish dates, explosions in the sky again, this time in manchester

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #341 on: 27 October, 2023, 10:47:15 pm »
...explosions in the sky again, this time in manchester

Git!  :thumbsup:

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #342 on: 28 October, 2023, 01:30:34 am »

Ag, they’re playing the poxy Troxy.  Saw GY!BE there a few years ago and the crick in my neck lasted for weeks.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #343 on: 31 October, 2023, 10:35:35 pm »

Ag, they’re playing the poxy Troxy.  Saw GY!BE there a few years ago and the crick in my neck lasted for weeks.

Hmmm. I'm going to a gig at the Troxy tomorrow night. Never been there before but this doesn't sound promising.

The band what I am seeing is Squid. This will be the sixth time I've seen them. I quite like them. The eagle-eyed among you will spot me at the 1m30 mark of this video, in the front row of their Printworks performance in Sept 2021.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #344 on: 31 October, 2023, 11:44:35 pm »
Depends where you are in the Troxy.  If you’re at one of the tables in the circle like wot I was last time then you’re sideways on in relation to the stage.  Miss von Brandenburg and I saw $BAND there from the regular seats further back and that was fine.  Might have been GY!BE too.  All a blur these days…
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #345 on: 02 November, 2023, 12:19:20 pm »
Depends where you are in the Troxy.  If you’re at one of the tables in the circle like wot I was last time then you’re sideways on in relation to the stage.  Miss von Brandenburg and I saw $BAND there from the regular seats further back and that was fine.  Might have been GY!BE too.  All a blur these days…

Sitting down at a gig? Nothing so refined as that for the likes of me* and my companion - we were down in the pit with the hordes. Managed to bag a good spot right by the sound desk so had a decent view and didn't get bashed around - it was looking a bit lively down towards the front though.

(*Actually, I've got tickets for the sitting down bit at the Shepherd's Bush Empire for BC Camplight later this month. Haven't been to the SBE for many years, wonder if it's still a massive shithole...)
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #346 on: 11 November, 2023, 11:01:35 pm »
Anyone want to buy a ticket and accompany me to see King Gizzard........ Edinburgh May 27th 2024? My son made a mistake when buying tickets and ended up with 2 standing and 2 seated tickets. I'm taking one of the seated ticket and the other one is on offer.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #347 on: 18 November, 2023, 02:19:08 pm »
ISIHAC at Dorking Halls 04/12/2023. Hurrah.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #348 on: 23 November, 2023, 12:25:53 pm »
Kosheen

Never seen them before...
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #349 on: 23 November, 2023, 03:39:20 pm »
John Crace, then Dr Phil Hammond a few days later.  Some music promised with the latter.