Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1718353 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #600 on: 22 November, 2009, 05:03:34 pm »
Sounds like you need to sort your life out chief as you're not keeping either camp happy. Sometimes you gotta choose.  ;D

« Reply #601 on: 22 November, 2009, 05:17:55 pm »
I think I'll decide based on the forfeits  :o

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #602 on: 22 November, 2009, 05:28:45 pm »
So anyone got any ideas about a route for this Wednesday? Who is planning to attend? Does the Viper do puddings?
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #603 on: 22 November, 2009, 06:50:22 pm »
Hmm! The Viper, eh? I detect a rail ticket to Ingatestone coming on.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #604 on: 22 November, 2009, 10:11:04 pm »
Unfortunately, I won't be making it to the Viper on the 25th.  :'(

Have a good one.  I'll be back on track for the following one (2nd Dec).

OD and I were musing earlier today having a specific planning meeting, probably somewhere more amenable to Southenders.  The Prince of Wales at Stow Maries sounds about right.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

« Reply #605 on: 23 November, 2009, 09:57:20 am »

OD and I were musing earlier today having a specific planning meeting, probably somewhere more amenable to Southenders.  The Prince of Wales at Stow Maries sounds about right.

The thought was that we change the 2nd December venue from The Square and Compasses to Prince of Wales and have this as our planning session.  Therefore it would be easier for the Southend crew to attend.  Which is fine but ...

I might return home before last orders cos I have an early start the following morning.

« Reply #606 on: 23 November, 2009, 10:50:17 am »
So anyone got any ideas about a route for this Wednesday? Who is planning to attend? Does the Viper do puddings?

Only if you count pickled eggs as pudding  :P

No food on evenings, but tea will be served.
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #607 on: 23 November, 2009, 06:45:11 pm »
Very unsure about my attendance at any more of these events in the future.

I just received this PM from one of the attendees, y'see:

You madam, are going to get the biggest, wettest most sloppy kiss I can muster when I next see you!

...and it wasn't from Uncle James
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Oscar's dad

« Reply #608 on: 23 November, 2009, 06:49:05 pm »
Very unsure about my attendance at any more of these events in the future.

I just received this PM from one of the attendees, y'see:

You madam, are going to get the biggest, wettest most sloppy kiss I can muster when I next see you!

...and it wasn't from Uncle James

;D  You get what you deserve in life!   :-*  And you have performed AaBtCoD  :thumbsup:

« Reply #609 on: 24 November, 2009, 12:29:43 pm »
I should be on for this tomorrow. What's the route? Not decided yet whether to head for Witham after work, or ride home to Chelmsford first, and then onto the Viper from there.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #610 on: 24 November, 2009, 12:45:05 pm »
I should be on for this tomorrow. What's the route? Not decided yet whether to head for Witham after work, or ride home to Chelmsford first, and then onto the Viper from there.

Me un Oaky aren't going tomorrow night.  I'm down in Portsmouth and Oaky is doing something else, can't remember what: baby sitting / washing his hair / fixing his bike (delete as applicable). Therefore swinging by Witham is probably unnecessary.

Have fun though  :thumbsup:

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #611 on: 24 November, 2009, 02:59:15 pm »
I'm looking unlikely for this due to a ride on Thursday and looking-after-the-dogness on Wednesday.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #612 on: 24 November, 2009, 07:06:25 pm »
   Well, I'm going, anyway! Probably be there for about 8. Meanwhile there are two bikes to fettle; hopefully I'll have fixed one by tomorrow evening! :thumbsup:

« Reply #613 on: 25 November, 2009, 10:35:44 am »
I'll see if I can channel bobb, and suggest a ride up from Chelmsford. I could definitely go for a pint of their Jake The Snake.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #614 on: 26 November, 2009, 08:51:08 pm »
   It was just little old me :(-mind you I was running a bit late, so I had a pint and chatted to a couple of ladeez (nocturnal runners-must be mad tee hee). Nice moonlit ride, though a trifle blowy on the way out: 38 miles in total and nothing came undone on the newly fettled Poppy, which can't be bad. :thumbsup:

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #615 on: 26 November, 2009, 09:42:36 pm »
   It was just little old me :(-mind you I was running a bit late, so I had a pint and chatted to a couple of ladeez (nocturnal runners-must be mad tee hee). Nice moonlit ride, though a trifle blowy on the way out: 38 miles in total and nothing came undone on the newly fettled Poppy, which can't be bad. :thumbsup:

Blimey -- sorry to hear you were on your own.  :'(

I'll definitely be on the next one.

Unless anyone objects, I'm going to change the destination for next week's ride from the Square and Compasses to The Prince of Wales at Stow Maries, as suggested by OD, since this one is ridable from most of the "Manor".  We really need to get a planning session in, and for this, "the more, the merrier" is an excellent motto!  I have amended the venue list accordingly.

(Of course, if anyone wants to have an ad-hoc, out of sequence, outing to the S&C some other time to make up for missing it, I would be easily persuadable, although my availability is dropping as December looms  :()

Oscar's dad

« Reply #616 on: 27 November, 2009, 08:37:40 am »
Tomsk - sorry you were Billy no Mates!

Yes, there should be no reason why I can't make the Prince of Wales next week.  As previously mentioned I may not stay until the bitter end as I have an early start on Thursday.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #617 on: 27 November, 2009, 09:49:03 am »
TAs previously mentioned I may not stay until the bitter end as I have an early start on Thursday.

It'd be quite late when they ran out of bitter -- they had 6 pumps on last time we were there (OK - one of those was mild, rather than bitter)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #618 on: 27 November, 2009, 09:51:12 am »
TAs previously mentioned I may not stay until the bitter end as I have an early start on Thursday.

It'd be quite late when they ran out of bitter -- they had 6 pumps on last time we were there (OK - one of those was mild, rather than bitter)

I'll leave early so there's more left for you!

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #619 on: 29 November, 2009, 01:50:31 pm »
Uncle James and I send apologies for this Wednesday's beerage but we have a prior engagement.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #620 on: 29 November, 2009, 07:24:58 pm »
    Apologies too for Wednesday, as its my monthly book-club meeting.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #621 on: 30 November, 2009, 10:42:54 am »
Bugger, I had plans for you two.  You'll just have to accept whatever evil plans we come up with  ;D

PS - Wednesday evening looks like being a tad moist and a little chilly.  This may provide the first opportunity to break out my new Winter Hat.  The combination of my new Winter Hat, Rain Legs and rubber booties may prove to be most excellent.  Expect to see my new look replicated on the catwalks of Milan on Thursday morning.  Kate Moss will want me to be her new style guru.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #622 on: 30 November, 2009, 06:12:06 pm »
Bugger, I had plans for you two.  You'll just have to accept whatever evil plans we come up with  ;D

PS - Wednesday evening looks like being a tad moist and a little chilly.  This may provide the first opportunity to break out my new Winter Hat.  The combination of my new Winter Hat, Rain Legs and rubber booties may prove to be most excellent.  Expect to see my new look replicated on the catwalks of Milan on Thursday morning.  Kate Moss will want me to be her new style guru.

I'm quivering in anticipation.  ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #623 on: 30 November, 2009, 06:17:12 pm »
And so you should. It takes a certain sort of man to wear a hat like mine and you're not it - sorry.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #624 on: 30 November, 2009, 06:21:58 pm »
And so you should. It takes a certain sort of man to wear a hat like mine and you're not it - sorry.

The Prince of Wales is a respectable establishment, you know.  Don't get us all barred just to give your fetish gear an outing.