Author Topic: Lincolnshire SR series in 2018  (Read 1676 times)

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
Lincolnshire SR series in 2018
« on: 30 September, 2017, 07:38:08 pm »
Time to spread the word. Audax Club Lincolnshire proudly presents in 2018 its first SR series.

Two new events are being added to our calendar to give us the full SR series. (300 and 600km).

17th March Bomber County 200

5th May Do Not Forget Your Dividend Card 300

2nd June Lincolnshire Poacher 400

8th September Yorkshire via Essex, (Flatlands Reversed) 600

The club also has planned in late September a 50, 100 and 200km events. (still being planned so not yet in the AUK calendar.)

Those of you who have been on my events before will know that what we lack locally in hill climbing gets more than made up for in fighting against the wind.

The 200 is a traditional village hall start.

The 300, 400 and 600 are X rated starts from stations (Newark Northgate and Sleaford) with cards being posted back afterwards. All have 24hr services and car parks close by.

The 300 is a run down to Leicestershire first  to get some climbing in, breakfast at Cafe Ventoux and then turning east and north, taking in a number of Lincolnshire Coops.

The 400 is a grand tour clockwise around the old county of Lincolnshire. A trip up to the Humber Bridge, across the Lincolnshire Wolds and then a run west and then south with an over night ride across the fens.

The 600 is the classic Flatlands route reversed starting from Sleaford.Runs the same time as Tomsk’s 600 so a great chance to meet riders coming north as Lincolnshire riders head south. Then head north to Goole via Red Lodge, Whittlesey, Boston, a new section from Langrick Bridge to control in Lincoln having travelled almost the full length of the Water Railway cycle path. Then rejoin the standard route at Kirton Lindsey. Back from Goole to Sleaford via Gainsborough. Special thanks to Tomsk for allowing this shameless rip of his event. Does now give those us “up north” the chance to ride it without having to start from Essex.

Its hoped to have our own Lincolnshire “Yellowbelly” SR badge for those completing the series. All will be BRM events too.

Hope to see you next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Lincolnshire SR series in 2018
« Reply #1 on: 04 March, 2018, 07:45:52 pm »
Well this could be just the challenge I'm looking for! I've not cycled for a couple of years now but want to stop the rot and get back into audax. A March 200K will be too much, too soon, but I hope to have re-discovered my legs by the time your May 300 comes around. If I can get through that, the lure of an SR series might be too much to resist! Especially if I can do a September 200 to complete the set. Oh dear! Here we go again! Audax is worse than chocolate for addiction!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 05 March, 2018, 07:44:40 am »
Welcome back Polepole  :thumbsup: And chocolate is the essential Audax fuel of champions!

« Reply #3 on: 08 March, 2018, 08:54:01 pm »
The September rides are now all in the Audax calendar on the 29th ;D ;D ;D