Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 07:08:55 pm »
A bit late, but Ronnie “I know my worth and the Saudis will pay me it” O’Sullivan.
The Knowledge / Re: Di2 Failure mode
« Last post by Adam on Today at 07:06:23 pm »
Had the bike been stored so that the shifters were left being pressed in?
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by CrazyEnglishTriathlete on Today at 07:01:46 pm »
What on earth were Lancashire doing this morning?  All out for 92.  That's about 400 short of a par score against Kent's bowling in the last two seasons.  I didn't notice until earlier as I was watching the Giro and distracted by the Green Army getting the goal they needed to stay up, oddly enough against Hull, which is another place I have lived.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 07:00:57 pm »
The Wizard ~ Black Sabbath
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by CrazyEnglishTriathlete on Today at 06:59:41 pm »
Went square bagging in the Newbury and Hungerford areas, where there were some big gaps.  I am not sure why.  I used to come around this way for hill training all the time; I guess I've been doing that by riding down to the caravan in Selsey and playing around with the hills around Haselmere.  Was all very beautiful, especially on those lanes that go nowhere except tick off a particular square.  Saw hares on three separate occasions and a large buck roe deer who bounced off through a field of oil-seed rape which would've been very photogenic if i had a proper camera.  One visitation - a flint that looked sharp enough to be use to set in a stone age knife blade, but otherwise a very satisfying day.  Even if I did find out that I missed a couple of squares (the road didn't quite bend enough).  I will come back again, but more because of the scenery than the missing squares.
OT Gallery / Re: Readers' Instruments
« Last post by Ham on Today at 06:41:53 pm »
No steenken' pickups - this guitar dates from valve years, AFAIK.  Prolly worth trying with a flat card, but I thought it would be better to get some curvature by bashing an old feeler gauge around a thin bar?
OT Gallery / Re: Readers' Instruments
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 06:00:59 pm »
If you can cope with a slightly higher action then a sacrificial credit card would sort it. Has it got a pickup? The shim may make that less effective but if I surmised correctly that wouldn’t be an issue for you.
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 05:57:56 pm »
The stair stringers, part elebenty. Sanded down the 2 coats of filler I'd applied previously. What a mess.
Then (after hoovering) I applied a teeny bit more filler on the missing bits. Can nearly see the bottom of the 1L tub of filler - that's never happened before.

Question - has anyone found a quiet vacuum solution suitable for running inside a home for a prolonged period of time while sanding? My Google-fu has failed to find anything affordable.
I have a father and daughter who have done my Greenways audax each year. He uses e-brevet but she loves the info’s.  She is now 18.  I’d be careful about saying one age group wants this, and another wants that. I offer traditional and modern and let the rider choose.

Yes.

And "old-fashioned" brevet cards + stamps have proven very popular (and photogenic!) on the Transcontinental Race.
The Knowledge / Re: Di2 Failure mode
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 05:53:44 pm »
Check all visible connections, including to battery. How old is the battery? They don't last forever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10