Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1294909 times)

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #7175 on: 01 January, 2021, 04:16:07 pm »
I’m 185cm - quite short compared to some on the weight thread! In my mid to late 20s I was racing (running) at around 71kgs - so target ring 75kgs gives me a bit of margin over that. At 79kgs I can pinch a bit more than I wish in places. This will demonstrate that I am not a muscle bound individual!!

Mike

« Reply #7176 on: 06 January, 2021, 09:32:39 am »
Erm - 0.3kg up this week. Not the best start...

Never mind it’s a long term thing!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7177 on: 12 January, 2021, 12:54:51 pm »

« Reply #7178 on: 13 January, 2021, 08:16:04 am »
First "proper" weigh in of the year, and despite a lack of outdoor cycling (which my devices tell me burn more calories/hr than when on the turbo) and still finishing off the Christmas cake, I'm back to what was my lowest weight last year, with, according to the NHS, a BMI in the "healthy" range (just) for the first time in 10 years. Onwards and downwards!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #7179 on: 13 January, 2021, 08:30:37 am »
And 0.1 down this week. Not to concerned as I’ll hopefully actually do some exercise next week, rather than just sitting in front of a screen all day every day:(

Chris S

« Reply #7180 on: 13 January, 2021, 09:19:34 am »
My weight's up, despite two weeks of Dry January.  ::-)

« Reply #7181 on: 13 January, 2021, 09:34:54 am »
I’ve been dry too, but haven’t exercised much and have eaten ‘well’. I’m not worrying at this stage tbh - I was below 13st this morning, which feels like a key metric for me these days!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7182 on: 13 January, 2021, 05:20:58 pm »
I was somewhat annoyed to receive an email from Patient Access yesterday, linking to  a page about weight loss and featuring suggestions I could get a private prescription for Orlistat if I clicked on a pharmacy's link.
DO NOT WANT!

Geriatricdolan

« Reply #7183 on: 13 January, 2021, 05:24:14 pm »

It's not a surprise... we tend to replace an addiction with another one... you have probably replaced alcohol calories with other calories... biscuits, cake, chocolate, crisps or else...

Chris S

« Reply #7184 on: 13 January, 2021, 05:28:47 pm »

It's not a surprise... we tend to replace an addiction with another one... you have probably replaced alcohol calories with other calories... biscuits, cake, chocolate, crisps or else...

Maybe.  I'm not calorie counting or logging or anything and the human brain is adept at subtle changes to maintain homeostasis, but as I was drinking about 1000kcals worth of booze a day, I think I'd notice if I were substituting with something else.

*shrugs*

Weightloss is all about the long game.

« Reply #7185 on: 15 January, 2021, 10:30:29 am »
Down 0.6 kg in the last week or so.  Logging what I eat and not eating chocolate is clearly having some effect.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #7186 on: 27 January, 2021, 04:34:02 pm »
Coming down slowly , not helped by Mrs Pig.

IMG_1530 by mark tilley, on Flickr

« Reply #7187 on: 27 January, 2021, 04:55:28 pm »
Back to where I was just before Christmas, two weeks off and four weeks to lose the gains... I'd like to say it was worth it, but it wasn't.
Anyway, back to moving in the right direction.

« Reply #7188 on: 27 January, 2021, 06:44:58 pm »
After last week’s ‘heavy Wednesday’ I’m back to where I was on 6 Jan. Given it’s been a dark month in more than one way I’ll live with that. Let the light return!

« Reply #7189 on: 27 January, 2021, 07:43:13 pm »
Well, one step forward and all that. I’d dropped half a kilo from last week using the old scales. The new shiny Garmin scales increased my weight by 2kg. Sigh. Still the same target, but might just take me a bit longer! 
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #7190 on: 29 January, 2021, 11:22:29 pm »
Well, one step forward and all that. I’d dropped half a kilo from last week using the old scales. The new shiny Garmin scales increased my weight by 2kg. Sigh. Still the same target, but might just take me a bit longer!

They must be high calorie scales;)

Sorry, must be irritating. Another reason to keep mine. We have the v1 Garmin scales and I haven’t worked out what the v2 would add (colour display and mapping of the bathroom?)

« Reply #7191 on: 12 February, 2021, 02:59:20 pm »
Weight fairly stable at 1kg heavier than my lightest in 2020. Still 8kg lighter than one year ago. Exercise is ticking over for now. Suspect weight will drop when I start training in the hope events may return later this year.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #7192 on: 12 February, 2021, 03:07:14 pm »
Down 10.5 kg since 26 October. I have 4kg to go to my nominal target but that is stil
 Within the ‘overweight’ category so we will see.

Finding it so easy on Keto.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #7193 on: 14 February, 2021, 05:15:26 pm »
Two weeks since we moved to the Isle of Lewis.

I'm running harder and more frequently (it is hilly here). Been for a 60km bike ride (hilly).

Put on 4kg!

My weight can fluctuate quickly, but that is ridiculous. Racing weight (a bit light) was 72kg and I was about 74kg at start of lockdown.

I'm 83kg now.  :o
<i>Marmite slave</i>

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7194 on: 14 February, 2021, 05:47:30 pm »
Two weeks since we moved to the Isle of Lewis.
I'm running harder and more frequently (it is hilly here). Been for a 60km bike ride (hilly).
Put on 4kg!
My weight can fluctuate quickly, but that is ridiculous. Racing weight (a bit light) was 72kg and I was about 74kg at start of lockdown.
I'm 83kg now.  :o

What is your waist measurement?
How do your trousers fit? Tum? Bum? Thighs?

If you're wearing loose and stretchy joggers, they won't tell you but assessing 'work' trouser fit will help you judge if weight is fat, fluid or muscle.

Not all weight change is fat!

« Reply #7195 on: 14 February, 2021, 06:05:06 pm »
I've stacked the weight on my back, mostly. Fat around the kidneys. A bit on my tum.

Used my wetsuit on Sat, first time since August. Massive struggle to get it on, almost too tight to breath.

Waistline hasn't increased much, according to my jeans.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7196 on: 14 February, 2021, 06:50:53 pm »
Sounds like it's mostly fat, worst luck.

Some might have gone into those 'hollow thighs' if you're running.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #7197 on: 15 February, 2021, 09:40:53 am »
I'm trying to lose a stone or so just to be faster uphill.  Supposedly 2350 kcal a day will do it.  I seem to be eating more or almost as normal but dropping a pound or two a week.  I think my problem was portion sizes: what I considered a reasonable serving of pasta or cereal was TWICE a "serving". A proper serving of Jordan's cereal is 45g, or about one-third of a normal-sized mug.  It barely covers the bottom of a bowl.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #7198 on: 15 February, 2021, 10:02:06 am »
I went from 12st 6lbs first week of January to 11st 12lbs a few days ago. Stress with work situation resulted in me not eating regularly.

* 21% body fat, still overweight, according to BMI charts. :'(

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #7199 on: 15 February, 2021, 11:26:27 am »
I have just put new batteries in my Garmin scales and lost 10Kg. Love it!