Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1289410 times)

Chris S

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #325 on: 29 December, 2008, 05:27:29 pm »
Well I'm buggered if I'm going to take any measurements before New Year.

Oh OK.

* strips off and climbs on scales *

Fack Me  :o

91.2Kg and 22% Lard. I have some work to do  >:(.

« Reply #326 on: 29 December, 2008, 06:41:56 pm »
Last Monday of the year check: 12st 10lbs -- eek!

However, my mother is visiting on Wednesday and we have the morris team party that evening and I don't go back to work until next Monday, so that's the measurement which will count.

Mrs C has informed me that the diet will restart properly at that point and she expects support!

Good luck to all those who are trying to lose weight in the new year!

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #327 on: 30 December, 2008, 10:28:55 am »
This year started at 13st 8lb.

No movement for ages then from september have gone to 12st10lb including blowouts at christmas.

Target is 11st  8lb so some way to go but posting it here helps me to try.

Must go riding more and cut down real ale and go to the gym when I get a pass off my family.Must stop trying to play squash against my son giving away 28 years and he plays every week .I play twice/three times a year and my knees don't half creak afterwards.

Good luck everyone for 2009.

simonp

« Reply #328 on: 30 December, 2008, 03:26:19 pm »
I reckon I'll be about the same when I go back to work on Monday - around 74-75kg.

« Reply #329 on: 31 December, 2008, 08:28:32 pm »
My weight has been creeping up a little over the last few months to about 10 st 10 lbs on a good day. Over Christmas I know that there is lots of rubbish food around so I get very picky about what I eat and try to keep to the food that will be best for me or do the least damage. The result is that I usually lose weight and this year is no different. Tonight I weighed in at 10st 7 lbs. I know that might not seem very much but it makes quite a bit of difference as most of my definition has returned.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #330 on: 01 January, 2009, 10:01:24 am »
I suppose that 2008 can be described as a success in that I am 500 grammes lighter than I was a year ago.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

annie

« Reply #331 on: 01 January, 2009, 10:05:56 am »
I suppose that 2008 can be described as a success in that I am 500 grammes lighter than I was a year ago.

I don't want to burst your bubble but......

might that be 500 grammes of fluff that I snipped off some time earlier this year?

Off to hide now ;)

border-rider

« Reply #332 on: 01 January, 2009, 04:48:39 pm »
Chat/discussion/encouragement in this thread.

Weight reports: HERE

Graphs, etc to come.

are we going to do a 2009 one ?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #333 on: 01 January, 2009, 06:06:16 pm »
Well, I've got some scales and a small amount of determination.

I'm currently 102.4 according to my scales, which is less than the weight I was plateauing on before, so maybe there's more I can do.
Getting there...

alan

« Reply #334 on: 01 January, 2009, 07:09:07 pm »
I am now 6kg heavier than I was a year ago :-[. I need to  make a number of changes to routines & mental attitude to even think about trying again.
Having said that I know full well that I cannot avoid some sort of attempt to at least get rid of the 2008 lard gain.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #335 on: 02 January, 2009, 09:35:32 am »
l
I am now 6kg heavier than I was a year ago :-[. I need to  make a number of changes to routines & mental attitude to even think about trying again.
Having said that I know full well that I cannot avoid some sort of attempt to at least get rid of the 2008 lard gain.

Likewise 77kg to 83kg since June 2008  :-[

« Reply #336 on: 02 January, 2009, 09:55:32 am »
Should we start a new table for 2009?
I too have fallen off the wagon and need to get back on.
Big style.
I have admitted to Mrs G that I have a problem with sugar ( not good for a diabetic ) and I have been secretely eating all sorts of crap, including her and the children's chocolates for instance.
I need to be strong and the Weight Tables helped me last year, when I bothered.

« Reply #337 on: 02 January, 2009, 10:09:45 am »
Would be a good idea.  My yo-yo consists of 6kgs of excess and a further 6kgs of exercise* drop-off.   Currently I'm close to the top of that yo-yo.   It's all my own fault.   Too much in, not enough out.

I have three belts I use regularly.   You can tell from the range of three holes used how my weight variation hangs  :( 

*  I don't train any more for anything, simply enjoy fluctuating motivation levels  :)

annie

« Reply #338 on: 02 January, 2009, 10:36:03 am »
I just need to shift about 7lbs, 2lbs down and 5 to go.  It will probably take me ages but I need the motivation.  The waistbands or hip bands on my clothes are shrinking.

alan

« Reply #339 on: 02 January, 2009, 10:38:13 am »
 Too much in, not enough out.

That,in a nutshell,is exactly my problem coupled with permanant laziness

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #340 on: 02 January, 2009, 10:53:34 am »
I just need to shift about 7lbs,  

From where?! :o ???

There ain't that much of you...
Getting there...

annie

« Reply #341 on: 02 January, 2009, 10:55:25 am »
I just need to shift about 7lbs,  

From where?! :o ???

There ain't that much of you...

Well that's how much I have put on in the last few months and it needs to come off, well at least 4lbs of it does so that I don't have to spend a fortune on a new wardrobe.

« Reply #342 on: 03 January, 2009, 08:04:36 pm »
I wrote a couple of days ago about me losing a few pounds, over Christmas, that I had put over the last few months. I was really pleased. The downside has been that over the last two days I have really felt the cold! I know we are having a cold spell but it's no colder than it was at the start of Dec. I'm now thinking that I should have left the fat loss til the weather warms a touch.

« Reply #343 on: 04 January, 2009, 04:56:58 pm »
Chat/discussion/encouragement in this thread.

Weight reports: HERE

Graphs, etc to come.

are we going to do a 2009 one ?

I'm in the middle of doing the 2009 calendar template now, should be done within an hour. I'll start a new thread when it's done as it really needs to be the first post like last time.

Done. Weight Reports for 2009

First weigh day is Wednesday 7th Jan.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

border-rider

« Reply #344 on: 04 January, 2009, 06:34:40 pm »
Thanks !

« Reply #345 on: 04 January, 2009, 06:46:39 pm »
Don't know what I weigh at the moment, last weighed myself mid december and i was 73kgs. Christmas excesses coupled with less physical activity may have caused my weight to increase but that's OK. It'll settle down to what it should be once I start gym again and cycling more. Currently on a partial rest period to rejuvenate my enthusiasm and because I am between gyms atm.

« Reply #346 on: 05 January, 2009, 10:16:59 am »
I'm going to join in as well.
Target last year was 70kg after starting at 73.5kg.
It's not much but it makes a big difference 'cos I'm not very big.
Last year I got down to 70.5kg in the summer but gained again as winter approached.
Current weight is somewhere north of 74kg. Five course dinners every night while skiing last week didn't help.
Yummy food though  ;D

Chris S

« Reply #347 on: 05 January, 2009, 10:22:14 am »
For anyone wanting some sensible, non-faddy, no-nonsense, no-axe-to-grind reading about losing fat - I hold this website in very high regard:

Hussman Fitness

Focus on the (calorie) deficit - that's the key.

Edit: The one thing missing from the above site is any mention of alcohol. To my mind, and I think this has been discussed here already, booze is incompatible with fat loss for a number of reasons. If, as I seem to, you have an "issue" with moderation when it comes to booze, it's probably best avoided completely whilst you are in a fat loss phase.

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #348 on: 06 January, 2009, 05:09:43 pm »
 I'm astonished to find I've gained 6.5 pounds over Christmas.  Even though I decided to have a rest from the diet during the festive period I'm still shocked at the rapidity.  :-[

I did enjoy the munching though, guess I'll have to pay for it now.

annie

« Reply #349 on: 07 January, 2009, 07:34:22 am »
Anyone else having trouble with the formatting on their Weight Table in the Weight Reports thread?

Even if I don't change anything, just Click "Modify Message" and then hit Preview, the formatting is all to hell :(

Yep.  I had to delete my post and then paste again into another post.  No idea where to post my weight so pm'd Greenbank.  Thought I was just a numpty.