Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1242378 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: 17 June, 2008, 07:49:11 pm »
Woooo I'm finally sub 100kg! 96kg for the win! Largely due to my new regime is not feeling like I have to finish everything! I don't force meself to finish everything on my plate anymore and get a little bit at a time :)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #76 on: 17 June, 2008, 11:11:10 pm »
If I'm lucky I'll make it to 104kg tomorrow. In more than a week I've had one pint of beer. Tonight I had a glass of wine, but only one, and the rest of the bottle is waiting for me for another day. I'm also trying to cut out the late night snack. Anyway, we'll see what the scales say tomorrow.
The loss of humanity I could live with.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #77 on: 18 June, 2008, 02:34:23 pm »
I have been tantanalisingly close to the magic sub 80kg target for over a month now

One weigh in was below the figure and I often see 79 point something at the weekend after a ride

My willpower is a bit low at the moment, I'm eating too much cake and having the odd glass of booze

« Reply #78 on: 18 June, 2008, 02:39:26 pm »
Intersting:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7460729.stm

I am guilty of eating very little in the morning:

- fresh orange juice
- a few spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt that has been stuffed to the gills a day or so before with dried mango / papaya / banana. It's gotta be at least 70% fruit. Nom nom.
- a bagel, toasted, with jam on it.
- very strong expresso-like coffee from my Bialetti, black or with a negligible amount of milk.

Very weird breakfast, I know. I need to get back into porridge.

What are you lot having for brekky? 

« Reply #79 on: 18 June, 2008, 02:42:01 pm »

Nothing, I tend to have the first bit of food of the day at midday, although I really need to start getting into a habit of having a bowl of cereal in the morning.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Maladict

« Reply #80 on: 18 June, 2008, 02:43:06 pm »
Most often, nothing.

« Reply #81 on: 18 June, 2008, 02:45:42 pm »
Nothing

I used to have that. I have gradually been forcing myself to have something although I don't usually feel like it. Recently I have been starting to feel hungry in the mornings so it has been easier, although I still can't be arsed eating my way through anything boring.

I have a banana at about 11 and then a minimal lunch at 12.15 or so.

85 kg today. Stasis.

« Reply #82 on: 18 June, 2008, 03:04:42 pm »
Part of my excuse is my reasonably well trained fat metabolism but I agree it is better to have something in the morning, and I do want to get into this routine.

On my ride down to Cornwall I got to a petrol station outside Shaftesbury at 170km on just 400kcal intake (a pasty in Stockbridge at 120km and the 750ml bidon of orange squash I started with). The rest of my intake was just water and Nuun carb-free hydration tablets. I started that ride on an empty stomach too; no breakfast that morning so the previous meal was a load of pasta at 7pm the night before. I didn't feel hungry at Shaftesbury but I made sure I stuffed myself (and again at Crewkerne).

When I first started cycling I couldn't go more than 30km without feeling like I was starving and near the bonk. I think Steve A recently said his upper limit is about 200 miles before he needs to eat.

So far today I've had a coffee and a ham and cheese croissant, probably 400kcal and I don't feel hungry at all.

Early morning or late night fast paced rides on an empty stomach (but do take bonk rations!) works wonders.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #83 on: 18 June, 2008, 03:53:12 pm »
when I dont have breakfast (or just a very small one), I snack all day.  A decent brekkie of scrambled eggs or cereal + toast and I'm happy till 2pm.

alan

« Reply #84 on: 18 June, 2008, 03:54:39 pm »
Breakfast is one of the following
nothing
museli
porridge

always a large glass of fresh orange & 500ml water.

Maladict

« Reply #85 on: 18 June, 2008, 04:15:11 pm »
No breakfast.  I had a roll at about 11am, which given I got up at 10am, might count.  Then I had another roll at 12.30.  I've had a plum and am about to have a banana, and am on second can of Sprite.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #86 on: 18 June, 2008, 06:28:41 pm »
I have whatever I like for breakfast

This is usually 2 eggs scrambled on marmite toast OR a bowl of museli with banana on top
With coffee or tea

If I am going to "go light" on a meal it is often lunch

The ideal is that any food you eat for breakfast will get burnt off in the day in exercise
If you eat a lot at night then it will get converted to fat overnight

annie

« Reply #87 on: 18 June, 2008, 08:42:36 pm »
I am a greedy guts.  I start off the day with a banana and sometimes a milk shake.  Gym and run and then 2-3 oatibix, porridge, oatbran, linseed and another banana.  That keeps me going until about 11am when I have a snack.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #88 on: 18 June, 2008, 08:49:57 pm »
I normally have a cereal of some sort and a nice cup of tea.

« Reply #89 on: 18 June, 2008, 09:04:04 pm »
A cup of tea and a snout is my breakfast. Nom nom nom....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Maladict

« Reply #90 on: 18 June, 2008, 11:45:23 pm »
71.5kg - I haven't put back on much of the Dolgellau Bellau weightloss.

« Reply #91 on: 18 June, 2008, 11:48:30 pm »
The ideal is that any food you eat for breakfast will get burnt off in the day in exercise

I have a bad habit of eating my evening meal far too late. It's a difficult one to get out of, I'm finding.

Remind me, why are you on this thread?  ;) Are you some kind of anorexia fetishist?

Maladict

« Reply #92 on: 19 June, 2008, 12:15:33 am »

I have a bad habit of eating my evening meal far too late. It's a difficult one to get out of, I'm finding.

Remind me, why are you on this thread?  ;) Are you some kind of anorexia fetishist?

It's about keeping to sensible weights.  I can't be bothered with editing that table thing though.  I think I look flabby at 74kgs; it's partly due to my build I think.

« Reply #93 on: 19 June, 2008, 12:19:04 am »
Was only kidding.

I'd love to be closer to 80 kg than to 85.

I think I now need to look at when I eat rather than how much I am eating, as I think what I put in is reasonably healthy overall.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #94 on: 19 June, 2008, 07:35:52 am »
Got weighed last night: another 5½ lbs down this week.  :thumbsup:  And this despite a heavy night last Friday and a bit of a monster eat weekend.

I've now lost 21½ lbs - only another 1½ stone to go.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #95 on: 19 June, 2008, 11:22:25 am »
I was down to 10st9 (67.5kg) in the middle of last week after extended Dolgellau Bellau.  Since this is now fixed  (Hurrah for modern medicine!) I am getting HUNGRY again & anticipate a rapid return to this year's 70kg (11 stone) setpoint. 

« Reply #96 on: 21 June, 2008, 01:54:14 pm »
I've never really tried to lose weight before in a serious manner before.  I think I know the theory, lets see how it works in practise.

Ironically my shopping bill appears to have shot up from buying more protein/veg and less reliance on carbs.

« Reply #97 on: 21 June, 2008, 02:12:34 pm »
I've now lost 21½ lbs - only another 1½ stone to go.

Bloody good going Greg  :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #98 on: 22 June, 2008, 03:52:25 am »
Wow well done!
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #99 on: 22 June, 2008, 04:53:26 pm »
I had a new experience yesterday.

I pulled my shorts up so that my belly was well inside the waistband and - miracles - it didn't immediately force its way over the top again and push my shorts underneath it!  :thumbsup: