Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1293746 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #125 on: 30 June, 2008, 06:07:20 pm »
... and wondered if a bit of lipo might not be the answer.
Depends - what's the question?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

annie

« Reply #126 on: 30 June, 2008, 06:13:03 pm »
After the excesses of this weekend, I am dreading my weigh-in on Wednesday.  I blame Annie and her chocolate bananananananananas!  >:(

MY chocolate bananananas?  I think I only provided the ingredients, you did the rest and Jasper crumbled some of my yummy maltesers over them, *drool*  I have a photograph somewhere :-*

« Reply #127 on: 01 July, 2008, 09:29:27 am »
Tiger - wouldn't recommend surgery.  If you haven't changed your eating/exercise habits then it'll just come back again. (TBH, unfortunately for most people it just comes back again whatever you do, but longer-term changes are a bit more likely if you do the "healthy food & exercise" thing than any sort of crash solution.  And if you're eating right & exercising then regardless of the number on the scale, you'll be healthier & that is an undisputed good.)

« Reply #128 on: 01 July, 2008, 09:46:36 am »
I lost another 3kg since last weighed myself, down to 79 now. Due entirely to more exercise. Another 10 loss and I will be flying

Well done Martin, that's great news, keep up the good work.

I won't be weighing myself after this weekend :-\  Lots of chocolatey goodness consumed and BBQ nanananas :P
Annie, you are one who definitely doesn't need to lose weight.  :)

Maladict

« Reply #129 on: 01 July, 2008, 10:45:24 am »
Scales.  So it's possible water is just up.  :)

I certainly do have less fat on me than at the start of the year.  When I first got 'em around when I started Audax it was claiming around 19% consistently, now it's around 15-16%.

I was on the scales last night.  Weight up again.  Body fat down again - to a new low of 14.5%.  Of course the absolute number is not that meaningful with the scales, but the trend is going the right way, that's dropped by 5% now.

alan

« Reply #130 on: 02 July, 2008, 08:34:48 am »
My body fat is of the sociable type,it all congregates together in the immediate vicinity of my navel ::-)

« Reply #131 on: 02 July, 2008, 09:13:43 am »
Mine must be related to yours then, as that is where mine goes too  :thumbsup:

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #132 on: 02 July, 2008, 09:36:25 am »
Weigh in time tonight.  I shall see what damage has been done by a weekend of beer and food in Norfolk...  :-[
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #133 on: 02 July, 2008, 09:44:18 am »
I'm looking for some recommendations for a scale with body fat and (possibly) water content readings.   What are you all using ?  Omron do a couple and I may be able to pull a string or two as I freelanced for them a few years ago.

Regulator

« Reply #134 on: 03 July, 2008, 08:02:29 am »
Bah!  Only 1/2lb loss this week.  I blame the food and booze at the weekend.   :(

Never mind - I'll do better this week.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #135 on: 03 July, 2008, 10:28:02 am »
After the carnage of that weekend (alcohol, chips, ice cream, chocolately creamy maltesery bananas, etc, etc) and the fact that we didn't exactly cycle a million miles or tackle any really evil hills, I think you did well to manage half a pound!

Regulator

« Reply #136 on: 03 July, 2008, 10:35:39 am »
After the carnage of that weekend (alcohol, chips, ice cream, chocolately creamy maltesery bananas, etc, etc) and the fact that we didn't exactly cycle a million miles or tackle any really evil hills, I think you did well to manage half a pound!

But.. but... but.... I didn't have any of the chocolately creamy maltesery bananas - I only prepared them. 

It's all Annies fault you know.  She tempted us all with sweet treats.   ;)

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #137 on: 03 July, 2008, 10:49:17 am »
Those banananananas were so naughty that you probably absorbed some of the naughtiness through osmosis!  ;D

Jasper the surreal cyclist

• Modern life is complicated stuff....
« Reply #138 on: 03 July, 2008, 12:32:29 pm »
I got maltesers in my sysyem through my fingernails. Not good....
Who only by moving can balance, only by balancing move....

« Reply #139 on: 03 July, 2008, 12:37:09 pm »

Not forgetting lemon meringue pie, after only six and a half miles....

Regulator

« Reply #140 on: 03 July, 2008, 12:38:46 pm »

Not forgetting lemon meringue pie, after only six and a half miles....

I was good - I didn't have any cake at Holkham Hall.  O:-)

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #141 on: 03 July, 2008, 12:43:40 pm »
Tis true, just the seventeen sugars in your tea....

Regulator

« Reply #142 on: 03 July, 2008, 12:44:52 pm »
Tis true, just the seventeen sugars in your tea....

No suger - revolting stuff....  :sick:

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #143 on: 03 July, 2008, 12:46:23 pm »
And it was you wot made us stop there.

Really, I was dragged, kicking and screaming, and actually forced to eat that massive slice of lemon meringue with my pot of tea. It was ever so distressing. I shall never recover.

« Reply #144 on: 03 July, 2008, 12:49:35 pm »
Your nose is gonna get sooooo big.....

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #145 on: 03 July, 2008, 04:55:24 pm »
Bah!  Only 1/2lb loss this week.  I blame the food and booze at the weekend.   :(

Never mind - I'll do better this week.

I think I'm going to be in the same boat.  I wouldn't mind if I had taken any liberties but I haven't strayed once, even surviving a family barbeque without incident.

S'not fair!

« Reply #146 on: 03 July, 2008, 05:09:08 pm »
I missed 3 weeks of cycle commuting (for various reasons) which accounts for about 3500kcal a week, which is about a pound of fat.

Lo an behold my weights for those 3 weeks:-

June 4th: 78.3kg
June 11th: 79.2kg
June 18th: 79.7kg
June 25th: 80.3kg

Back into it again, and running, and hoping to get down to 12st and keep it there.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

hoppy1848

« Reply #147 on: 06 July, 2008, 06:58:20 pm »
Everybody- I hope that you don't mind my returning mid-stream as it were.  I registered at New Year but have  had a difficult six months resulting in my not being on the forum etc.  However after being inspired by Charlotte and others on the recent LeJog (I was one of the helpers) I got back on my bike yesterday.  Greenbanks latest post has prompted me to come on line since my target at the beginning of the year was not more than 12 st and s/he is a similar weight to my own.  Greenbank- are you doing anyhting in particular to shed those pounds other than cycling?

My weight as of this moment is 83.2 kg

annie

« Reply #148 on: 07 July, 2008, 12:18:34 am »

But.. but... but.... I didn't have any of the chocolately creamy maltesery bananas - I only prepared them. 

It's all Annies fault you know.  She tempted us all with sweet treats.   ;)

O:-)

« Reply #149 on: 07 July, 2008, 05:42:43 am »
70th birthday party yesterday.  It was a bit like a coffin dodger convention so several of us parked ourselves in front of the TV and watched a DVD and then watched the tennis.  I ate too much - total.
Way too much sugary shit too.
Felt quite sick when I went to bed. 
Feel a bit better now.
I do this every now and then and always regret it.
Damnation and tarnation.