Author Topic: Attn dog owners. Food info.  (Read 1596 times)

Attn dog owners. Food info.
« on: 09 October, 2014, 07:46:24 pm »
We were pointed to this site from a whippet breeder. To say it is an eye opener is putting it mildly.

Our whippet is now on Applaws and Seafood for Dogs and is losing weight (which he needs to) and his coat is shining, his wind issue is much improved and his stools are a far better texture. Poss too much info but just stating our findings.

Check out what you are feeding your furry friends and be prepared for a shock.

http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/the-dog-food-directory

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Attn dog owners. Food info.
« Reply #1 on: 09 October, 2014, 08:03:44 pm »
We feed our mutt Arden Grange lamb and rice, with a drop of salmon oil. And a dice or two a day of fish for dogs cubes, along with her evening fix of cocaine erm carrot.

Beautiful coat and she is spot on her fighting weight according to our vet. And her poop are easy to pick up.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2 on: 09 October, 2014, 08:18:05 pm »
Mrs. B figured that considering the crap they put in human food, what the hell do they put in pet food?
Megan the Border Terrier is now three and a half and has not eaten any pet food for two years plus.  She just gets a small portion of whatever we're having - after removal of any bread or pastry.  She certainly seems to enjoy her veg.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #3 on: 09 October, 2014, 08:18:43 pm »
Arden gets about 3.5 from 5. Not bad.

PH

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #4 on: 09 October, 2014, 08:23:23 pm »
Oh, and a small tin of sardines for breakfast if previous night's dinner was a little sparse.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #5 on: 09 October, 2014, 08:23:59 pm »
She came with a 6kg bag from Dogstrust. Wasn't too keen of the free bag we got from Fish for Dogs, in some online deal, I think.  Managed to get her to eat it when mixed up with Arden Grange.

« Reply #6 on: 09 October, 2014, 08:30:44 pm »
Sure, obviously personal taste comes into it strongly. Harvey, our whippet picks out the fish4dogs from the Applause so his preference is obvious. The scores though for the "most popular" foods are shocking. About as nutritious as the infamous golden arches and produced on the same basis, very tasty, very moreish and totally non nutritious. And we as a society encourage it, and obesity is on the canine rise? How odd.....

PH

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #7 on: 09 October, 2014, 08:32:50 pm »
Quote from: 3rd technician David Lister
Well, now I know why dogs lick their testicles -- it's to take  away the taste of their food.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #8 on: 09 October, 2014, 09:00:48 pm »
I agree with you PH, along with dog owners just feeding anything to their K9, not walking them enough and not knowing that there is no off button on dogs when it comes to food.

Kim I have tasted some dog snacks that taste better than some "healthy" bars you can get :)