Author Topic: The future of pro cycling.  (Read 3971 times)

Re: The future of pro cycling.
« Reply #25 on: 25 October, 2012, 09:04:41 am »
For a scientist to say "there is no doubt" requires a higher level of proof than a bit of hearsay and some personal feelings.

I've read the full transcript of one interview with him and he justifies some of his statements by saying things like "I don't believe LA is that tall, he's 5'6" at the most".

Erm, how about going from measurements?  Besides, 5'6" is very short for a man, so if LA was that height it would be very obvious in photos.

Nope, I don't have any respect for this guy. He may be right, but to me he comes across as a publicity-seeker, not a professional.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #26 on: 25 October, 2012, 05:45:54 pm »
For a scientist to say "there is no doubt" requires a higher level of proof than a bit of hearsay and some personal feelings.

I've read the full transcript of one interview with him and he justifies some of his statements by saying things like "I don't believe LA is that tall, he's 5'6" at the most".

Erm, how about going from measurements?  Besides, 5'6" is very short for a man, so if LA was that height it would be very obvious in photos.

Nope, I don't have any respect for this guy. He may be right, but to me he comes across as a publicity-seeker, not a professional.

Simply because if there's a scheme which is undetectable, past experience (not to mention the statements of various riders that have doped, whether or not they were caught) would indicate that the probability of someone doping in that situation is a virtual certainty - and maybe he knows more than that.

Of course, you could argue it that a virtual certainty isn't the same as 'no doubt', in the same way I could argue that this forum is a figment of my fevered imagination, as someone swings Schroedinger's cat around the room by it's tail..

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #27 on: 26 October, 2012, 11:02:45 am »
Wikipedia gives armstrong's height as 5' 9 1/2"

5' 6" is a perfect height for a man :)
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes