Author Topic: ForceGB PBP Audax UK jersey  (Read 7935 times)

Re: ForceGB PBP Audax UK jersey
« Reply #25 on: 11 August, 2019, 03:38:17 pm »

This is your reminder that there is a culture of swapping national jerseys with others at PBP, so if your jersey is the wrong size, you may be able to swap it for a correct size one from another nation.

J

Although part of the culture is that you must have worn the shirt during at least a part of PBP.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #26 on: 12 August, 2019, 10:36:23 pm »

This is your reminder that there is a culture of swapping national jerseys with others at PBP, so if your jersey is the wrong size, you may be able to swap it for a correct size one from another nation.

J

Although part of the culture is that you must have worn the shirt during at least a part of PBP.

ah. That seems... smelly... :p

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #27 on: 12 August, 2019, 11:04:32 pm »

J

ah. That seems... smelly... :p

J

We all smell the same at the end of PBP ;)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #28 on: 13 August, 2019, 09:06:02 am »
We all smell the same at the end of PBP ;)

Speak for yourself!  Some of us shower at Dreux so that we are sweet-smelling and kissable at the finish line  O:-)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #29 on: 13 August, 2019, 04:24:35 pm »
Mine has just arrived. Just looking for some biceps to fill the sleeves up with.

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
« Reply #30 on: 13 August, 2019, 04:37:13 pm »
Mine has arrived and I must say, I'm extremity disappointed. My only other reference for sizing was the Force GB LEL top I have. this is large and a bit too tight so i ordered an XL. it's a bit baggy but not bad in the body but the diameter of the arms is huge, they just hang down and gape. I can't see me riding in it at the moment.

As I had "issues" with my jersey I rang ForceGB yesterday. The conclusion of which was I was to return the jersey for alteration or a refund. The person that dealt with the order is currently away so I am not going to get it back anyway in time for PBP.

Decided I shall wear my LEL 2017 jersey as it both fits and is comfortable for long rides.

« Reply #31 on: 14 August, 2019, 08:39:38 am »
Mine has arrived and I must say, I'm extremity disappointed. My only other reference for sizing was the Force GB LEL top I have. this is large and a bit too tight so i ordered an XL. it's a bit baggy but not bad in the body but the diameter of the arms is huge, they just hang down and gape. I can't see me riding in it at the moment.

As I had "issues" with my jersey I rang ForceGB yesterday. The conclusion of which was I was to return the jersey for alteration or a refund. The person that dealt with the order is currently away so I am not going to get it back anyway in time for PBP.

Decided I shall wear my LEL 2017 jersey as it both fits and is comfortable for long rides.

Hi

What were the issues with yours and what have Force GB agreed to do?

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ― Albert Einstein

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
ForceGB PBP Audax UK jersey
« Reply #32 on: 14 August, 2019, 08:47:40 am »
The internal “overlock” stitching stood “proud”. In all other ForceGB jerseys I have they are stitched flat. This was particularly a problem around the neck area as it scratched the skin. Riding PBP with that degree of irritation was not an option.

I felt the collar was way to wide for a summer jersey so asked for a better thinner collar. Cosmetically it looked naff in my personal view.

Lastly the zip was mostly cheap plastic and not to their usual robust standards. Asked for that to be changed.

Await the return of the manager who dealt with the order for him to authorise the alterations or a refund.

Was asked to return it so they could inspect it and make that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #33 on: 14 August, 2019, 10:08:40 am »

Do let us know how that goes.  One problem I - and others - have experienced with Force GB in the past is that they are not keen on returns and deal with them poorly.
Hopefully, it's better now, although I note it still says on their "club-shops" page

Returns Policy
All products are made to order, and as a result we are unfortunately unable to provide a Refund/Exchange
All prices are inclusive of VAT, handling and postage charges, we use Royal Mail for delivery on all items.

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
« Reply #34 on: 14 August, 2019, 10:21:38 am »
Will do. Simply exercising your consumer rights to expect something of merchantable quality is not unreasonable. It’s got to be fit for its purpose after all.

Any responsible vendor should resolve and this will be a test of their ability to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #35 on: 27 August, 2019, 08:19:37 pm »
I just wanted to say thanks to whoever designed and organised the AUK jerseys. I ahd one of each colour and was lucky they fitted well and were comfortable all through the ride. However the best part was the reaction I got from the French to the "Les Rosbifs" motif on the back. One young Breton woman rider thought it was a great laugh, especially when I told her ".......mais, je suis vegetarienne!" At the finish a couple of the older  French gents who were volunteers at the exit of the bike park came chasing after me to take a photo, laughing their heads off! Can't think why!

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #36 on: 27 August, 2019, 09:19:35 pm »
I just wanted to say thanks to whoever designed and organised the AUK jerseys. I ahd one of each colour and was lucky they fitted well and were comfortable all through the ride. However the best part was the reaction I got from the French to the "Les Rosbifs" motif on the back. One young Breton woman rider thought it was a great laugh, especially when I told her ".......mais, je suis vegetarienne!" At the finish a couple of the older  French gents who were volunteers at the exit of the bike park came chasing after me to take a photo, laughing their heads off! Can't think why!

Many thanks, SheniJ. The person to thank is the Arrivee editor, Ged Lennox, who came up with the main design, but I am happy to claim both the excess of flags - which some disliked - and the 'rosbifs' joke as my own. 

Jerseys are still available, by the way  ;)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #37 on: 28 August, 2019, 08:38:31 pm »
The ‘Rosbifs’ went down very well. Some French riders were thinking of ‘froggies on tour’ for LEL...

« Reply #38 on: 28 August, 2019, 08:52:31 pm »
The ‘Rosbifs’ went down very well. Some French riders were thinking of ‘froggies on tour’ for LEL...

They did that in 2013.

« Reply #39 on: 28 August, 2019, 09:20:17 pm »
Well thank you Ged and Redlight for helping me to go suitability attired!