Author Topic: 2019 Reunion  (Read 12553 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: 2019 Reunion
« Reply #75 on: 21 November, 2019, 11:56:18 am »
This thread is disappointing.  I was looking forward to tales of epic fording by Plucky Cyclists determined to get to the reunion on time...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #76 on: 21 November, 2019, 12:27:42 pm »
I did not think tales of The Azuma Without A Bog were edifying...

rob

« Reply #77 on: 21 November, 2019, 12:37:50 pm »
First time in 25 years of membership I have won anything and I was caught out and didn't go.

Phil W

« Reply #78 on: 21 November, 2019, 01:00:01 pm »
I had a section of off road about 10 miles out from Northallerton.  I'd done the route on cycle.travel which is usually quite good and showed a Tarmac cycle track for this section.  (Must look at osm source data and correct it) It turned into farm yards, floods, mud, green lanes and punctures. I escaped by a bridge and hiking to a lane. The puncture was rear on tubeless. The sealant had dried out and therefore didn't seal. The spare tube I carry for when the tubeless fails (it hadn't for last 5 years), had been fitted to my new recumbent build. So no tube to sort it out. So I rode 4 miles or so on a flat rear till Andy Clarkson and some other VC167 members came past. In response to a passing alright I asked after an inner tube. With tubeless tyre carefully checked to embedded debris, donated inner tube fitted; I was then able to proceed at normal pace to Northallerton.

So there you go, but I wouldn't call the above epic, just frustrating so close to the destination.

Ridiculous amounts of alcohol consumed with members of Four Corners Audax.  I was on the cider which is not my usual drink but I've developed a recent liking for the cloudy variants.

« Reply #79 on: 21 November, 2019, 01:27:07 pm »
The straggler and I rode through one flooded rode, as we travelled up on Saturday we missed the worse of the weather

again not very epic.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #80 on: 21 November, 2019, 07:57:23 pm »
Does anyone know if the person who fixes website problems was there?

And if they are now recovered enough to fix login problems?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #81 on: 21 November, 2019, 08:16:31 pm »
not yet but they will appear here

https://www.audax.uk/results/annual-awards/individual/

you can search the league tables for the various totals (distance/ AAA etc) here, just change the year to 2019  :)

https://www.audax.uk/results/

Thanks; I was actually hoping to find the recumbent award/trophy, which won't be in the tables and doesn't seem to be on that page - do you happen to know where that would be listed?

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #82 on: 21 November, 2019, 09:45:26 pm »
Rode down from Berwick with Iroiromono and a near on 11pm start, A1 was shut with diversion via my route to Wooler, thankfully night traffic wasn't too bad, it started raining at Wooler.
Alnwick McDonalds was visited with the dregs of a pub closure to annoy us for the duration.
Onto the coast at Amble and a decent blast with a tail wind arriving at the Tyne Tunnel at the back of six... Yes we were horribly slow.
Too early for Greggs at Jarrow so kept going on to the town in tyneside for a morning Greggs and odd shaped sausages, the things nearly rolled out my roll, what's wrong with good old flat Lorne?
before Chester Le Street and therefore Durham was entered, traffic was getting shit, the cycle tracks that existed were shitter.
Got confused in Darlo and then got to Northallerton at the back of 11 whence we were able to check in so I had a snooze or 2 between things.

Not epic just a bit shit.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Phil W

« Reply #83 on: 21 November, 2019, 10:37:19 pm »
not yet but they will appear here

https://www.audax.uk/results/annual-awards/individual/

you can search the league tables for the various totals (distance/ AAA etc) here, just change the year to 2019  :)

https://www.audax.uk/results/

Thanks; I was actually hoping to find the recumbent award/trophy, which won't be in the tables and doesn't seem to be on that page - do you happen to know where that would be listed?

I recall 40 points was the winning recumbent points total for last season.

« Reply #84 on: 22 November, 2019, 07:57:25 am »
I put in a claim for recumbent points award, I've heard nothing back so assume I wasn't in the running.

« Reply #85 on: 22 November, 2019, 10:25:11 am »

It's under Results > Annual Awards > Velo Speciale (https://www.audax.uk/results/annual-awards/velo-speciale) but not been updated for 2019 yet...
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

Martin

« Reply #86 on: 22 November, 2019, 10:47:06 pm »
I put in a claim for recumbent points award, I've heard nothing back so assume I wasn't in the running.

actually I think you won the trophy I remember your name being read out...

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #87 on: 23 November, 2019, 12:06:37 am »

Yes, results are up there now  :thumbsup:

« Reply #88 on: 23 November, 2019, 07:00:57 am »

Yes, results are up there now  :thumbsup:

Ah so they are, shame my total points is incorrect, but my fault as my first claim was for 40 points then amended to 52 when PBP points were added, I guess the amended claim slipped through the net.

« Reply #89 on: 23 November, 2019, 09:12:33 am »
Ah so they are, shame my total points is incorrect, but my fault as my first claim was for 40 points then amended to 52 when PBP points were added, I guess the amended claim slipped through the net.

Well, that makes me feel a lot better about abandoning the ride that would've taken me to 42. Congrats!

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #90 on: 23 November, 2019, 12:14:28 pm »
Yanto, fixed that for you, well done! If anyone spots other errors or oddities please contact webcontent@audax.uk and it will be checked out.

« Reply #91 on: 23 November, 2019, 01:24:52 pm »
Yanto, fixed that for you, well done! If anyone spots other errors or oddities please contact webcontent@audax.uk and it will be checked out.

Many thanks, first time I've earned/won anything  :thumbsup: ;D

Phil W

« Reply #92 on: 23 November, 2019, 05:29:40 pm »

Many thanks, first time I've earned/won anything  :thumbsup: ;D

Well done, you had a good year of Audax.

« Reply #93 on: 03 January, 2020, 03:53:12 pm »
Does any one know when the dinner and after dart results will be published