Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Karla on Today at 01:36:56 am »
Man Overboard - Puscifer
OT Knowledge / Re: Suitcase wheels large
« Last post by hellymedic on Today at 12:50:20 am »
Cannibalise castor wheels from Screwfix or similar?
If you're having regular liver function blood tests, it is unlikely you you will have develop a hidden issue.
Minimal changes in enzyme levels will occur long before symptoms emerge.

Which blood tests would you do for liver function?

J

Seems I was wrong about this, apologies!

Liver enzymes are not always deranged in some cases, which makes this business something of a minefield!
Standard 'liver function tests' are for enzymes which are not all exclusively hepatic but which might point in the direction of trouble.

ALP = Alkaline phosphatase. This is also produce in bones and is elevated in biliary obstruction and pregnancy/childhood.
AST = Aspartate transaminase - also present in the heart
ALT = Alanine transferrase
GGT = Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase: probably the best indicator of alcoholic liver trouble

Prothrombin time and serum albumin can be indicators of liver function/malfunction but are not part of the routine 'LFTs' which measure some liver enzymes.

The issue is very complicated but someone of normal weight and low alcohol intake, with little risk of liver infection is unlikely to run into trouble. Things are different if you're not quite well, in which case you'll need a doctor.
Audax / Re: Chiltern Grit
« Last post by iddu on Today at 12:18:02 am »
>For a BRM, how come the 7% over distance ?

<OHO>
Jocelyn, YHM...
</OHO>
The Dark Side / Re: 30mph e-bike velomobile?
« Last post by Phil W on Today at 12:00:11 am »
I've just caught up with this post, and the website seems to have changed since early 2017 - no high power option, 30 mile range claimed. Interesting that the £1000 limit for C2W can be passed.
With some experience of winters in vehicles having feeble demisting, and with riding motorcycles, I expect this tricycle to have visibility problems in cool damp conditions. And no wipers? Rapid road-salt blindness.

C2W does not have a £1000 limit.  Many schemes may set that but it is not an intrinsic feature if C2W. My company set a limit if £5,000 when they first introduced it a number of years back.
The Dark Side / Re: 30mph e-bike velomobile?
« Last post by Torslanda on Yesterday at 11:48:49 pm »
Resurrection. It's back.

Now suggesting delivery in 2nd quarter 2019. Price hike to four 'n a quarter.
Anybody know if they actually exist...?
Kidstuff / Re: Perfectly Sensible Child Utterances
« Last post by fd3 on Yesterday at 11:27:36 pm »
On way to swimming lessons today, spotted a bike with "for scrap or to fix" sign - a charge SS which needed tyres pumping up and a new seatpost&saddle. 
#1 child: "That bike just needs a new saddle and mudguards."
Audax / Re: Chiltern Grit
« Last post by drossall on Yesterday at 11:23:07 pm »
I was sure I'd entered the 100km again, but it turns out I'd delayed while negotiating for use of the car. I've entered now :thumbsup:
Health & Fitness / Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Last post by barakta on Yesterday at 11:17:01 pm »
Kim: Half your problem was that you couldn't see the problematic colour till it was really bad cos of your colour blindness. People aren't normally in the habit of asking someone else for toilet content inspections although you can and occasionally have asked for a sanity check from me with my colour vision which is just sensible....
OT Knowledge / Suitcase wheels large
« Last post by drossall on Yesterday at 11:15:20 pm »
Me again.

I've spent ages Googling, and looking through eBay and Amazon, for replacement suitcase wheels, without luck. They are black, 115m outside diameter. The wheels are 23mm wide, but measured at the bearing that's 30mm. The axle is 6mm, and 40mm long.

Everything I can find is smaller, even though these don't seem remarkably large. Any suggestions, short of paying £25+ for a scooter wheel?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10