Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
On The Road / Re: Cycle lanes in the middle of the road
« Last post by yorkie on Today at 11:19:15 pm »
There is a similar set up heading south out of Lille, albeit with 2 central lanes for buses and bikes.
https://goo.gl/maps/7ffGj9eUzeK2
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Spreadsheet and OS mapping genius solution sought
« Last post by DaveReading on Today at 11:13:03 pm »
Why bother if they are all in square SH. The pythogoras works by difference anyway so adding to both sides of the operator is pointless.

I always like to look at the bigger picture.  Today 10 km, tomorrow the world.   :D
Audax / Re: Dutch brevets in 2019
« Last post by Ivo on Today at 11:07:02 pm »

There has been a change. The Frank Simons Memorial is rescheduled to september, the january ride now starts from Bunnik.

Thought so. Worth editing the original post?

J

Done, I was a bit too busy with entering all the rides in the NTFU system, in this way at least everyone will be insured ;)
This time tomorrow, the lst gig I went to will be Christine And The Queens at 'Ammersmith Apollo :thumbsup:
Food & Drink / Re: What are you having for supper tonight?
« Last post by hellymedic on Today at 10:53:11 pm »
I thought the glycaemic index of rice noodles approximated to that of the icing on the cake...
There's a planned cyclechat sunday ride to take in the new Ferry's when they come on-line as well post 1st Jan... perhaps combine the two crossings?
Gallery / Re: Hill Climb
« Last post by David Martin on Today at 10:40:16 pm »
A slightly different hill climb. One of our club members decided to raise some money for charity by cycling the height of Everest up Dundee Law. 136 ascents starting at 5am and finishing about 11.45. One of the more atmospheric pics..

20181117_223701 by David Martin, on Flickr
Rides and Touring / Re: Dangleway ride - Ideas for a riverside pootle?
« Last post by Tim Hall on Today at 10:39:18 pm »
Oh yes. Trinity Buoy Wharf is nearby, with never ending, never repeating music, a tide powered bell and Fatboys diner, which, last time I went, had raised its game. It also has a machine for making nekkid ladies.
Audax / Re: New audax.uk site
« Last post by Bianchi Boy on Today at 10:36:28 pm »
If the main problem is the old database structure then the first step should have beeen to design the new data base. I stated before that I cannot see anything hard in the data used by AUK. Now the GPS track and comparison software is a different matter.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by matthew on Today at 10:36:10 pm »
So I left home at Audax O'clock this morning to catch the 5:59 into london to then get to kingsX for the 8:03 to Leeds.

Only on arrival at the station SWR report that there is a track circuit fault and no trains till 7:30. I was advised to get the bus to Reading and train to Paddington. Bus ran to time! Train into Paddington was 5 mins late at Reading so I caught it but 12 late by london. Then the underground played up. Faulty doors on the train ahead of mine so wait 15 minutes at baker street. Arrive at kingsX at 8:20 doh!

LNER kindly validated my ticket for the 8:33 so i was only 30 minutes behind schedule. Add the delay on that train and I got to Leeds 35 minutes late.

Then coming home this evening we lost 20 mins between Leeds and London. Fortunately SWR had sorted themselves out and ran fine out of waterloo.

All in it was a 15 hour day for a less than 4 hour meeting where we had to agree that the contractors design isn't up to spec based on the 1/3rd model i saw today but that due to time and the model fabrication we will not be able to investigate further design improvements.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10