Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks @Brucey !

There's also the Avid Shorty Ultimate - is this as good as it looks? Price is a bit nuts, but you can pay that much for disc brakes easily...

https://www.sram.com/sram/road/products/avid-shorty-ultimate
On The Road / Re: Matt LeBlanc is an arse
« Last post by Veloman on Today at 09:05:29 pm »
4 cyclists wide? Scoff. That’s a whole road.

As citoyen says, motorist exaggeration. In short, bollocks.

I have seen this with groups when the roads remain open.  It is now the season of Reliability Rides and the one that started form our Community Centre were sent off in groups of 20 to 30 and yes, they were riding like a peleton.  Whilst in some respects was no bad thing as if a car is unable to overtake in the same manner of overtaking another car then perhaps they should stay behind.

I agree it may not always be the case and there is always an element of exaggeration by some, and while I have not seen much peleton style riding in London, I have seen cyclists all over the road and can understand why some motorists might wish to give a tap on the horn.

Basically, we all need to co-exist on our roads and should ride/drive accordingly.  I don't think demonising all drivers or cyclists is the way forward.
« Last post by LEE on Today at 09:01:17 pm »
Well what's the point in discussing it then if it's just bollocks?

Matt LeBlanc...you are a Twat, we just proved it beyond all reasonable doubt by ignoring everything you said.

All cyclists are good and never twats.

All motorists are twats and never good.

I think we can put the Cyclists vs Motorists debate to bed now.
I'm pretty pissed off that I watched American Gods only to find out it wasn't finished and there's no immediate prospect of them filming the next series, so they can just bally well finish that first befors they go dicking about with anything else.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Legs on Today at 08:52:13 pm »
The Bad Touch - Bloodhound Gang
The Knowledge / Re: Front light for aero bars
« Last post by Feanor on Today at 08:45:13 pm »
I have a similar problem on a bike with tri bars.

The bars are fatter for a short distance either side of the stem, and then taper down to skinny, where the bar tape is.
All the clamped-on stuff is on the small amount of fatter bar.
The Garmin mount is on the stem, but tri-bar out-front mounts are readily available which would place it between the extensions.

I have the tri-bars on first, and those are set quite close together.
Then, I have Exposure hot-shoe brackets mounted upsides-down, so the 2 lights hang below the bars.
Here's a shit photo:

20180221_204832 by Ron Lowe, on Flickr

Caption It / Re: Caption it #1920
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 08:41:43 pm »
Is it HD?
The Pub / Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Last post by Eccentrica Gallumbits on Today at 08:37:24 pm »
Last night I dreamed I was in a swimming pool. George Galloway was also there. A pool attendant said to me "that's that Welsh MP bloke" and I responded "no, he's Scottish. He might be a rape apologist but he's OUR rape apologist." Then I told Gorgeous George about the conversation and he flicked me the Vs.
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 08:34:33 pm »
4 cyclists wide? Scoff. That’s a whole road.

As citoyen says, motorist exaggeration. In short, bollocks.
Caption It / Caption it #1920
« Last post by Ham on Today at 08:34:00 pm »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10