Author Topic: Spa Cycles - Aubisque  (Read 3574 times)

Spa Cycles - Aubisque
« on: 07 September, 2017, 08:09:30 pm »
I see the Aubisque featured in Spa Cycles's ex-demo sale but can't see this model featured on their web-page? Does anyone have more information on this model beyond the spec listed on the sale leaflet:  105 10spd Triple MAVIC Aksium Disc Wheels FSA Finishing Kit, TRP Spyre Brakes?
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

Samuel D

Re: Spa Cycles - Aubisque
« Reply #1 on: 07 September, 2017, 10:23:48 pm »
I think they’re prototypes of a new frame coming down the pipe, probably very soon. I recall the designer, username 531colin on the CTC forum, posted some bits and pieces about it, including a cropped picture here. Sounds like a versatile machine.

Trust Spa Cycles to have a mystery sale!

« Reply #2 on: 07 September, 2017, 10:37:08 pm »
photo as per Samuel's link

cheers

« Reply #3 on: 07 September, 2017, 11:10:02 pm »
Ah thanks, now it makes sense to me... I hadn't spotted that this would seem to be their first steel disc framed model and is a prototype as opposed to an ex-demo.  Tempting!
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

« Reply #4 on: 27 January, 2018, 09:42:23 pm »
SPA advert in the latest Cycling UK magazine says it is available from April & can be reserved for £1050
Very few details about it in the advert & I can't find anything on the SPA website.
Looks interesting though.