Author Topic: GPS Route - Delightful Dales 200  (Read 1261 times)

GPS Route - Delightful Dales 200
« on: 14 February, 2018, 09:29:57 am »
Hello YACF,

I have entered the Delightful Dales 200 at the end of March and scrabbling around for a GPS route-sheet before I create one of my own.  I know there aren't many roads around the intended route so was looking for "options" people have taken in the past ... the 25% of Park Rash is something I am aiming for - not being a particularly good climber (even though I live in Yorkshire!) and was hoping some folks have logged or have available a previous GPS route-sheet I could crib from..?
Its all part of prep for the Mille Pennines in July and then (hopefully!) the PBP next year..!

Mucho-ta ...

Charles Keenan

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: GPS Route - Delightful Dales 200
« Reply #1 on: 14 February, 2018, 11:27:31 am »
Regards,

Joergen

Re: GPS Route - Delightful Dales 200
« Reply #2 on: 14 February, 2018, 11:31:54 am »
I live in the area so take this with a pinch of salt ;) In the Dales because there's so few roads, the "main" roads are surprisingly busy and depending on time of day have varying levels of pleasantness on a bike. This is the route I'd take.

Clitheroe - Waddington - Grindleton - Bolton-by-Bowland - Halton West - Nappa - Gargrave - Hetton - Cracoe - Linton - Grassington - Conistone - Kettlewell - over Park Rash and down Coverdale to Agglethorpe - Wensley - Leyburn - Grinton. There's not many realistic options heading up Swaledale but the B6270 isn't that busy so I'd follow it all the way to Nateby. From there to Helwith Bridge there's really only one road that you'd be taking. At Helwith Bridge there's a minor road on the west of the Ribble into Settle that's nicer than the main road. From Settle, head to Rathmell, Wigglesworth then Bolton-by-Bowland to pick up your outward route.