Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1742775 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #12475 on: 19 August, 2018, 07:12:50 pm »
And don’t forget Grey Sheep will need a blanket.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12476 on: 19 August, 2018, 08:04:36 pm »

The woolpack it is for this Wednesday, WAG friendly (Laura etc al....) and Kebab friendly for Jane.... Colchester the week after.
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12477 on: 20 August, 2018, 11:21:59 am »

The woolpack it is for this Wednesday, WAG friendly (Laura etc al....) and Kebab friendly for Jane.... Colchester the week after.

Ok for me  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12478 on: 20 August, 2018, 11:30:59 am »
I'm not sure whether TCMR will join us this evening, I will ask her when I get home, but I was thinking about a WAG friendly route into Chelmsford.  A question...

Is it possible to ride from Sandford Mill Road along the north bank of the River Chelmer?  The Google satellite image seems to indicate you can, you come out onto Mill Vue Road, but everything looks better from space.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12479 on: 20 August, 2018, 11:33:15 am »
I'm not sure whether TCMR will join us this evening, I will ask her when I get home, but I was thinking about a WAG friendly route into Chelmsford.  A question...

Is it possible to ride from Sandford Mill Road along the north bank of the River Chelmer?  The Google satellite image seems to indicate you can, you come out onto Mill Vue Road, but everything looks better from space.

It's very COR - a rut along grass in effect.  I think Grant is considering a WAG friendly route as well... I can add comments from a local perspective if that helps.
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12480 on: 20 August, 2018, 11:35:50 am »

It's very COR - a rut along grass in effect.  I think Grant is considering a WAG friendly route as well... I can add comments from a local perspective if that helps.

That's a shame.  I was thinking of skirting round TMNH, Hurrell's Lane just for a laugh, my favourite path under the A12, then Sandford Lock.  Thoughts???

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12481 on: 20 August, 2018, 11:43:58 am »

That's a shame.  I was thinking of skirting round TMNH, Hurrell's Lane just for a laugh, my favourite path under the A12, then Sandford Lock.  Thoughts???

Yes I would suggest the route under the A12 is a good option, you can then either head left and wiggle through to Mildmay Rd or go Right and use the cycle network to get to Odeon RBT and across to Mildmay Rd.
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12482 on: 20 August, 2018, 11:47:58 am »
What about something SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12483 on: 20 August, 2018, 11:49:08 am »
Forgot to mention, I think the train will take the strain on the way home.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12484 on: 20 August, 2018, 11:52:25 am »

Yes, exactly that - you can shave off 5km and 60m of climbing by missing out the lower slopes of TMNH and riding along to Boreham and taking Plantation Rd but that is a bit more main road.
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12485 on: 20 August, 2018, 11:56:26 am »

Yes, exactly that - you can shave off 5km and 60m of climbing by missing out the lower slopes of TMNH and riding along to Boreham and taking Plantation Rd but that is a bit more main road.

Indeedy but I was specifically trying to avoid main roads as much as possible.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12486 on: 20 August, 2018, 12:05:22 pm »

A bit shorter and less climb with less main road https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28392554
??
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12487 on: 20 August, 2018, 12:09:20 pm »

A bit shorter and less climb with less main road https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28392554
??

Yes but no Dogger's Lane!

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #12488 on: 20 August, 2018, 08:38:14 pm »
No I’m currently in Devon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #12489 on: 21 August, 2018, 07:47:14 am »

Jane is camping in Wales this week.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12490 on: 21 August, 2018, 08:25:02 am »
Ah of course, forgot about that.
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12491 on: 21 August, 2018, 05:14:27 pm »
So, TCMR has decided she won't join us tomorrow evening  :'(  Not sure of the route implications for the Witham peloton;  I'd quite ike to go via Sandford Lock as I've not been that way for a while..

« Reply #12492 on: 21 August, 2018, 06:07:42 pm »
Looking at the forecast, tomorrow is looking as mild as this evening. On the assumption that we'll be sat outside, I plan to ride something a little more theft prone than my commuter. If anybody thinks we'll be inside, please shout and I'll revert to my usual steed.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #12493 on: 21 August, 2018, 06:13:22 pm »
I have cycled the entire tow path and don't recall it being too bad but was on a mountain bike.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12494 on: 21 August, 2018, 07:02:39 pm »
If the Witham peloton are not doing TMNH then I might ride out and join them... alternatively I might just walk down to the pub...
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #12495 on: 22 August, 2018, 09:47:08 am »
Looking to be SPA road for 1930, subject to Colonial Interference.
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12496 on: 22 August, 2018, 09:50:01 am »
So, TCMR has decided she won't join us tomorrow evening  :'( 
My WAG has other stuff to do this evening now so won't be awheel, either on 2 or 4 of them, so I don't really mind how we route to the Woolpack.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12497 on: 22 August, 2018, 10:43:24 am »
So route?
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12498 on: 22 August, 2018, 10:50:32 am »
So route?

We could do my WAG friendly route but actually go up TMNH as opposed to skirt round it.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12499 on: 22 August, 2018, 10:54:21 am »
So route?

We could do my WAG friendly route but actually go up TMNH as opposed to skirt round it.

I'd probably skirt round it - I am 2 years clear of riding up it and it's become sort of an obsession now to avoid it !  :facepalm:

ETA: in fact it is almost exactly 2 years (last time was 6 Aug 2016)
Regards,

Joergen