Author Topic: Nippy Sweetie - Saturday 14th November 2009 - Edinburgh  (Read 14480 times)

Re: Nippy Sweetie - Saturday 14th November 2009 - Edinburgh
« Reply #50 on: 24 October, 2009, 10:34:31 pm »
Folks - given the postal strike, plan b = e-mail a scanned entry form and make your payment online (e-mail/PM me if you're interested).

I'm going to e-mail route sheets and instructions around a week before the event anyway, so worry not.  If the strike is still on by then, I'll ditch the paper option entirely and you can retrieve your extra SAE at the finish. 

I really must investigate paypal. 

Paypal was really easy to set up, I tried it on my later audaxes last year and got a few who used it.  Automatically adds the entrant to the Audax start but only suitable for Audax Members. On-line payment and emailing route sheets etc is ideal for late entries
I intend to enter this one .

Graeme Wyllie

« Reply #51 on: 26 October, 2009, 07:26:44 pm »
Ok folks - last call for entries.  Ive already been pleasantly surprised to have broken the 20 barrier for a November 200 but theres always room for a few more. 

« Reply #52 on: 27 October, 2009, 01:14:11 pm »
Just to say, you now have my entry form and I made an online payment last night!

« Reply #53 on: 27 October, 2009, 04:33:19 pm »
Was hoping to be able to ride this but work is getting in the way.

« Reply #54 on: 28 October, 2009, 04:18:49 pm »
Ok folks - last call for entries.  Ive already been pleasantly surprised to have broken the 20 barrier for a November 200 but theres always room for a few more. 

Hi Graeme, Sent my form in the post  last week   ::-), keep a place for me if you still have not received my entry.

neilmc.

Graeme Wyllie

« Reply #55 on: 28 October, 2009, 05:28:39 pm »

Hi Graeme, Sent my form in the post  last week   ::-), keep a place for me if you still have not received my entry.

neilmc.

Got it last night Neil.   :thumbsup:

Note for novice riders - stay close to Neil on the ride especially if its getting dark.  He's got two of the biggest, f-offest hub powered front lights that you've ever seen.     

recumbentim

• Only 6 SR,s No hyper yet
« Reply #56 on: 29 October, 2009, 09:03:15 pm »
Entry,s in post t night.

Rimnod

« Reply #57 on: 29 October, 2009, 09:24:02 pm »
Did express an interest but due to family commitments sadly I will not be able to take part.  Can I wish you all well and look forward reading the post ride reports.

Regards

Graeme Wyllie

« Reply #58 on: 30 October, 2009, 01:04:32 pm »
Entry,s in post t night.

Great - that's 29 to date. 

Graeme Wyllie

« Reply #59 on: 03 November, 2009, 01:28:49 pm »
Dear all - I'll e-mail route sheets, directions to the start etc towards the end of the week in order to avoid any problems with the scheduled postal strike.  Having personally visited the start/finish control this morning I'm happy that it meets the YACF Audax Ecosse Mafia's very high standards and that chez YLG will not need to be pressed into action. 

However, in a development that the term "Murphys Law" barely begins to cover, the monitor on my PC at home died yesterday and until such times as I get a new one I cant access the version that I had finalised only a matter of seconds before if all went horribly wrong.  >:(  I didnt put that on the AUK risk assessment, did I? 

However the estimable Mrs G has today been dispatched to the shops and I hope to be back up and running soon   :thumbsup: 

Oh yes, and if anybody has got any bright ideas about how to get a routesheet to deepest Balmerino for the only rider without an e-mail address, let me know. 

« Reply #60 on: 03 November, 2009, 05:00:31 pm »
Graeme,

I may well be going out for a wee spin on Thurs this week and could call in on my way from Crail to Bridge of Earn if it's any help and it's not too far out of my direct route and i might even get a cuppa at McNastie's.
Just email a copy.

Rimnod

« Reply #61 on: 03 November, 2009, 08:30:41 pm »
I live in Cupar, as back up to Graeme's offer  I would be happy to amble over that way on Sunday morning or on on my way back from this CC Ecosse Rendezvous ride - Sat 7 Nov 09 - Cycle Chat on Sat afternoon.

Graeme Wyllie

« Reply #62 on: 04 November, 2009, 02:39:39 pm »
bodach / rimnod - YHPM

Rimnod

« Reply #63 on: 04 November, 2009, 03:55:47 pm »

Graeme Wyllie

« Reply #64 on: 06 November, 2009, 08:15:43 pm »
Hi.  I have just e-mailed routesheets out.  Contact me if you think you should have received one and haven't.

Given the cancellation of the postal strike I've also popped hard copy in the post too.

Also just posted a similar message to the auk e-mail distribution so hopefully that's all eventualities covered.

« Reply #65 on: 06 November, 2009, 10:02:25 pm »
Haw laddie, whaur ist?

Email hasn't reached darkest Lanurkshur, but don't worry, I'll wait and see what the post brings.

I'll only fret more about me getting lost - I'm no' very good north o' the Forth  :-[

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #66 on: 06 November, 2009, 10:38:47 pm »
I've attempted to plot in the route, though I might have got the Edinburgh exit wrong - Graeme will surely set me right.  This is the route:

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=25412

« Reply #67 on: 07 November, 2009, 10:01:21 am »
Thanks for that Kev.  But is over the bridge in the morning, or the way back?

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #68 on: 07 November, 2009, 10:37:38 am »
Over the bridge in the morning.  The controls are Edinburgh, Perth, Harrietfield, Comrie, Edinburgh

Graeme Wyllie

« Reply #69 on: 08 November, 2009, 07:46:15 pm »
I've attempted to plot in the route, though I might have got the Edinburgh exit wrong - Graeme will surely set me right.  This is the route:

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=25412

Looks good Kev.

I can only see one wee bit where your map deviates from the offishel route - your online version goes through Newton rather than turning right to Duntarvie (188 on the routesheet) and then onwards to Kirkliston. 

« Reply #70 on: 11 November, 2009, 09:10:14 am »
An organisers plea to get your entries in for this in good time - the deadline of 31st October will be firmly observed.  This is my "go/no go" date for a provisional hall booking for the finish control which needs a minimum number of riders to make it worthwhile.  Plan B finish control is my house.   

I'll stick a note on the offical AUK e-mail list too. 

hiya
Is there any chance to still enter please?
I can pay electonically if you want and get info by email if that helps.
Otherwise I could drop cheque and sae envelopes etc at Corstorphine this afternoon.
cheers
alan

Graeme Wyllie

« Reply #71 on: 11 November, 2009, 10:26:50 am »
An organisers plea to get your entries in for this in good time - the deadline of 31st October will be firmly observed.  This is my "go/no go" date for a provisional hall booking for the finish control which needs a minimum number of riders to make it worthwhile.  Plan B finish control is my house.   

I'll stick a note on the offical AUK e-mail list too. 

hiya
Is there any chance to still enter please?
I can pay electonically if you want and get info by email if that helps.
Otherwise I could drop cheque and sae envelopes etc at Corstorphine this afternoon.
cheers
alan

Go for it.  I've allocated all 30 "event specific" brevet cards I ordered but late last night found a few blank ones that I ordered for Ballachulish earlier in the year.   

So, yes you can but but dont be surprised by a hand written brevet card.   

Graeme Wyllie

« Reply #72 on: 12 November, 2009, 04:42:22 pm »
** MISSING **   ** MISSING **   ** MISSING **   ** MISSING **

Name : salar55's Entry Fee
Description : Paper, pale blue, got a picture on it, maybe Jack Nicklaus
Distinguishing features : A watermark and a number 5
If Found : Give to Graeme

It is understood that this item may be in the possession of a couple of desparate vagabonds who lured the unsuspecting owner into parting with his much treasured cash.  The situation is made even more tragic as he'd been keeping this particular fiver for a special occasion.  It is suspected the cuprits may be part of a broader UK scam which is seeking to fund a get together of a shadowy like minded franternity taking place in York towards the end of this month.

If you spot the two neds involved (Bill Knox terminology) do not approach them but instead phone crimestoppers.

salar55 is hoping to be out of counselling by the weekend.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #73 on: 12 November, 2009, 05:38:17 pm »
 :hand: What if the suspects are mafiosi?  :-\
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #74 on: 12 November, 2009, 06:36:56 pm »
It's not missing at all!!!!
It's sitting here waiting to wing it's way to the organiser.