Author Topic: Club points on AUK website  (Read 6174 times)

Club points on AUK website
« on: 02 December, 2009, 12:53:49 pm »
It may be because someone has just started the migration to a new Audax 'year' but the Club points are missing some entries (i.e. me).

yacf and ACF are bundled together, but not everyone who is a member of either is on there:-

-

I should be in there alongside Paul D booting Mr Jesse out of the top-6. (Of course, it could also be missing someone else who boots me out of the top-6).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Re: Club points on AUK website
« Reply #1 on: 02 December, 2009, 01:41:44 pm »
I see you. In 5th place with 50 points.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 02 December, 2009, 01:47:16 pm »

- EDIT: I just clicked on this URL

I should be in there alongside Paul D booting Mr Jesse out of the top-6. (Of course, it could also be missing someone else who boots me out of the top-6).
Arabella is now top on 33. Maybe the rest of you have been DQed (for unsporting 'competitiveness')?

[I note a local rivalry on my patch; Didcot Phoenix tied with Reading CC on a massive 66 points.]
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: 02 December, 2009, 01:51:46 pm »
I looked at yacf, what are you talking about Greenbank ?

« Reply #4 on: 02 December, 2009, 02:48:15 pm »
It looks like it's been corrected since I posted and you looked.

When I looked the only ACF like club was "ACF" without me listed. The top 6 were (from memory):-

Roger, iddu, Hummers, Chris, Paul D (50) and then David Jesse (49).

Looking at it now, the main club (i.e. the one in the top 3) has changed to "yacf" and I'm listed instead of Paul D.

There's also an "ACF" club for those who never switched.

Paul D isn't listed in the Top 6 for yacf (or ACF) as his club is down as Poole Wheelers.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 02 December, 2009, 03:42:55 pm »
This club no

has 6 points in the list, but a bucketload amongst the individuals.
It is simpler than it looks.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #6 on: 02 December, 2009, 04:14:50 pm »
It looks like it's been corrected since I posted and you looked.

When I looked the only ACF like club was "ACF" without me listed. The top 6 were (from memory):-

Roger, iddu, Hummers, Chris, Paul D (50) and then David Jesse (49).

Looking at it now, the main club (i.e. the one in the top 3) has changed to "yacf" and I'm listed instead of Paul D.

There's also an "ACF" club for those who never switched.

Paul D isn't listed in the Top 6 for yacf (or ACF) as his club is down as Poole Wheelers.

Well I never!

I am in the top 6.

Makes me wish I'd bothered to send in all my DIY perm points now.

;)

H

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #7 on: 02 December, 2009, 04:26:36 pm »
This club no

You've reminded me of this bunch of clowns:
Club=club
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Hummers

« Reply #8 on: 02 December, 2009, 04:31:38 pm »
What a knobber.

Who is this Abraham Steven anyway?

Has anyone ever actually met him?

H

« Reply #9 on: 02 December, 2009, 04:35:45 pm »

Big Brother is watching, eh?

I never defected to yACF - if you dig deep enough you'll find a comment on here ages ago along the lines of 'who cares' as I thought ACF was fine. In the end this year I changd (back) to my real-life club as I have been trying to prompt other Poole Wheelers into audaxing. As you can see, it really worked.

Poole Wheelers

Thanks for the concern though. :thumbsup: I hadn't looked at the yacf total all year, and it' nice to realise I would've been top-6 if I had still been riding for the second place club. :) All done between March & October too. EDIT: Lies, I'd forgotten a Nov 08 jaunt around the Dorset Delight perm.

« Reply #10 on: 02 December, 2009, 06:43:20 pm »
This club no

You've reminded me of this bunch of clowns:
Club=club

He is a member of the North Bucks Road Club.
Perhaps AUK have abbreviated it, but only down to the last word?

Weirdy Biker

« Reply #11 on: 02 December, 2009, 06:49:21 pm »
This reminds me, who is planning on affiliating their points to yACF this year?

I am, for one, having become increasingly marginalised by my local CC.

Target this year for me is 75 points or thereabouts (would be more but I plan to do the Raid Alpine which knocks out all of August, pretty much).  Any others pushing for over 70 points - just trying to gauge if we could break VC167's monopoly on the club points cup.  I'd add on the mileage if this looked feasible.

« Reply #12 on: 02 December, 2009, 07:27:12 pm »
Me too, next year should see a 50+ score what with the mille and PBP qualifiers. Maybe we should try and cajole some people who post here to donate their points (eg Toby who clocked 102+ in 2009) and has already started out hitting hard.... :thumbsup:

Weirdy Biker

« Reply #13 on: 02 December, 2009, 07:34:18 pm »
Unlike the alleged activity of other clubs in the past, I'm not keen to encourage "star" signings.  My feeling is that people have to associate themselves with yACF more than any other club.

So if toby wants to, he is free to.  Be he doesn't need to. If that makes sense.

border-rider

« Reply #14 on: 02 December, 2009, 07:37:18 pm »
Yes, there's an unspoken agreement that we won't try to poach people from other clubs.  If they wish to join that's fine, but the (y)ACF audax club was set up to encourage people and to ride longer distances, not to chase points.  It was really intended to support people who either didn't belong to clubs or whose clubs were not very audax-friendly, not to compete with existing clubs who are active in audax.

« Reply #15 on: 02 December, 2009, 07:42:34 pm »
You could always try and join VC167 ;D

Hummers

« Reply #16 on: 02 December, 2009, 07:46:58 pm »
And you can also have your points assigned to your local CTC thingy.

H

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #17 on: 02 December, 2009, 07:50:12 pm »
I am, for one, having become increasingly marginalised by my local CC.
That's why I left my previous club.
And you can also have your points assigned to your local CTC thingy.
:hand: See above.  :-X ;)
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #18 on: 02 December, 2009, 07:59:04 pm »
My feeling is that people have to associate themselves with yACF more than any other club.

Indeed, I'm not a member of any other cycling club, nor have I ever been. If I did join a local CC then I'd probably assign my points to them rather than yacf.

Martin

« Reply #19 on: 02 December, 2009, 08:41:39 pm »
I liked the whole ACF club thing back in 2007 because it gave us all something to aim for; even better was the incentive of staying in the top 6 of the top club.

I'm staying in EGCC as the only points collecting member until Angela is back on form; we are not much of an anything club ATM I think about half our active members (5) rode Audax events last year. The majority of club riders who ride Audax down here ride just the 100s and Grimpeurs so never appear on any club results (maybe an idea for future development?); Lewes Wanderers are special fans.

ISTM that with sportives and other rides inc Audax and overseas (and probably life) a lot of traditional club actvity ie TTs and RR's have declined and very few new members are coming into it but that's another thread and even board

« Reply #20 on: 02 December, 2009, 10:40:34 pm »
I'm staying where I am. It's inspiring.

Grandad

• Once upon a time
« Reply #21 on: 03 December, 2009, 11:22:47 pm »
I changd (back) to my real-life club

This reflects my thoughts that ACF and yacf are not really clubs in the traditional cycling sense. Is Audax Ecosse a similar set up?

If so should they feature in the club points list? 

« Reply #22 on: 03 December, 2009, 11:36:42 pm »

This reflects my thoughts that ACF and yacf are not really clubs in the traditional cycling sense. Is Audax Ecosse a similar set up?

AUK isn't in the business of checking the status of clubs. What (relevant) criteria should be used? The awards are a bit of fun, no more than that.

Hummers

« Reply #23 on: 04 December, 2009, 12:31:18 am »

AUK isn't in the business of checking the status of clubs. What (relevant) criteria should be used? The awards are a bit of fun, no more than that.

Careful there, Ian. That's fighting talk around some parts.

As for my points going to my local CTC, I guess I am lucky in that Pompey has a bit of a heritage when it comes to Audax events and I am unashamedly proud to be part of that.

H

« Reply #24 on: 04 December, 2009, 10:42:02 am »
That was really touching H, brought a sob or 2.
Shame that the rules are fixed so only Paul can win it  ;D ;D