Author Topic: Club points on AUK website  (Read 6177 times)

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
Re: Club points on AUK website
« Reply #25 on: 04 December, 2009, 06:47:57 pm »
That was really touching H, brought a sob or 2.
Shame that the rules are fixed so only Paul can win it  ;D ;D

Tell me about it.

So close, and yet so far....

Still, I will get the honour of being presented with a prize for the Fastest Bastard in the DA Freewheeling champion by cycling legend, Daisy Duke.

That's me and CCP (as the hill climbing champion).

;D

H

border-rider

« Reply #26 on: 04 December, 2009, 10:29:16 pm »

This reflects my thoughts that ACF and yacf are not really clubs in the traditional cycling sense.

Indeed they're not.  That's the point.  See upthread for explanation of their raison d'etre.

If so should they feature in the club points list? 

Yes.

They're clubs in a non-traditional sense, and there's nothing wrong with that

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #27 on: 08 December, 2009, 09:40:25 am »
Hooray for non-traditional stuff for without it we'd all be in damp wool jerseys and clogs.  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #28 on: 08 December, 2009, 10:15:12 am »
+1 ;D

« Reply #29 on: 08 December, 2009, 01:22:23 pm »
When I ride an AUK event, I put Wessex as my CTC DA entry but leave the 'club' blank (I'm not fast enough to ride with Bournemouth Jubilee Wheelers or the Arrows). As I now post on this Forum, am I entitled to show YACF as my Club please? or do I have to 'join' something first? I'm happy to buy the buff  ;)

From Confused in Bournemouth
Behold the turtle - he only makes progress if he sticks his neck out.

red marley

« Reply #30 on: 08 December, 2009, 01:26:28 pm »
Yes you are welcome to put YACF down as your club. There are no entry qualifications, other than to be happy doing so.

border-rider

« Reply #31 on: 08 December, 2009, 01:36:10 pm »
:)

You'd be very welcome, Lady Vet.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #32 on: 08 December, 2009, 06:55:03 pm »
And ...

When I ride an AUK event, I put Wessex as my CTC DA entry but leave the 'club' blank

in practice, what you put on your Entry Forms will have no bearing at all.  To ride 'for' yacf you have to have that club as part of your AUK membership details.  AUK ignores what is put on the Entry Forms (in fact AUK never even sees these forms) and likewise disregards whatever information gets transferred from these forms to the back of the brevet card.

You should be able to re-allocate your club yourself if necessary, by logging into the AUK website.  Any change at any time will back-date to November 1st but no further.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #33 on: 08 December, 2009, 07:07:49 pm »
Thanks - I will do that. Best make sure I ride lots of events now though! It'll provide an added reason  :)
Behold the turtle - he only makes progress if he sticks his neck out.

« Reply #34 on: 08 December, 2009, 07:29:57 pm »
However...

...If you're riding DATC CTC Tourist Competition events, the club box should be filled in with your CTC group so your points are allocated. It helps the organisers making returns to Mr K, the competition organiser.

Weirdy Biker

« Reply #35 on: 08 December, 2009, 07:41:29 pm »
However...

...If you're riding DATC CTC Tourist Competition events, the club box should be filled in with your CTC group so your points are allocated. It helps the organisers making returns to Mr K, the competition organiser.

I may be wrong, but I thought AUK recorded both your club and the CTC DA?

Certainly I've never allocated East Surrey DA as my club but have received year end CTC awards?

« Reply #36 on: 08 December, 2009, 07:44:02 pm »

I may be wrong, but I thought AUK recorded both your club and the CTC DA?

Certainly I've never allocated East Surrey DA as my club but have received year end CTC awards?

Yes, but errors can be made, and it's extra effort for Mr K and his merry solo helper having to trawl through AUK finish lists.

mikewigley

« Reply #37 on: 10 December, 2009, 07:04:21 am »

If you are who I think you are, you have East Surrey DA as your CTC nomination in your Audax membership.   (Perhaps Frere Yacker is not who I think he is)

Weirdy Biker

« Reply #38 on: 10 December, 2009, 07:40:33 am »

If you are who I think you are, you have East Surrey DA as your CTC nomination in your Audax membership.   (Perhaps Frere Yacker is not who I think he is)

I am who you think I am  :)

My post was meant to suggest that you don't (or didn't) need to put the DA down as your club to get CTC awards, as the AUK system appears to be picking these up if you record you DA in the CTC bit of the membership info.