Author Topic: How to mess up the handling on your best Audax bike  (Read 14648 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: How to mess up the handling on your best Audax bike
« Reply #50 on: 26 August, 2015, 10:04:07 pm »
Spare brackets (and I admit they are ugly) can be bought from Halfords, I believe, as they sold the seats rebadged.
Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #51 on: 26 August, 2015, 10:10:54 pm »
Ha, if I'd know I could have brought the bracket of ours back from 'holiday'. It's still on top of the upstairs fridge – no sign of the seat itself though.  ??? But it would certainly have put us overweight for the flight home, so we wouldn't have done anyway.  ::-)

However, I'm pretty sure we did manage to get panniers on with the Hamax as well – the normal fitting. It's just a case of pushing them on first and accepting they'll be almost inaccessible without taking the seat off. Probably depends on shape of rack etc too.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #52 on: 26 August, 2015, 10:14:58 pm »
I put the seat on then the panniers. Then fill the panniers (When we're touring, my rear ones are mostly bedding). The panniers (ortliebs) need to be empty so that you can slide the rigid rear side behind the seat's footrest and the bag can deform to fit. An ortlieb barrel bag attaches to the top of the bags and goes behind the seat.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #53 on: 26 August, 2015, 10:22:39 pm »
My advice on this is take Butterfly's advice over mine, anyday.  :thumbsup: It must be eight years since I last used one of these things, so not fresh in my mind.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #54 on: 02 September, 2015, 07:04:29 pm »
I love that there exists in the world a forum where calling the bumps to a 9mo baby is not regarded as eccentric. :D
Certainly no worse than calling the bumps to a 9wo kitten...

... and I still do, although she's not 9 weeks old any longer!

A 4+ years old Kai got them called out too, but he's no longer interested in being taken to the vets or cattery. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #55 on: 16 September, 2015, 12:10:44 am »
That is an outstandingly grumpy child.

I do my best. She'd just been swimming (with a wave machine too!) the ungrateful little wretch, but she is my daughter so I can't expect anything other than great grumpiness.

Looks like a fantastic solution to bike n baby n panniers. Then I can also take a lock, and get it to whichever court I'm in. Happy days!  Yes please.

Sorry, hectic weeks involving said child biting through her lip and some other family stuff.

I'll send a PM tomorrow about the child seat if you're still interested.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."