Poll

What should our new addition be named?

Lady Hamilton
Fanny Nisbet
The Honourable Kitty Pakenham
Other (please state)
This is really Blue Peter so we'll call her "Socks" anyway

Author Topic: Menagerie a trois  (Read 7640 times)

Re: Menagerie a trois
« Reply #25 on: 14 April, 2008, 11:53:49 pm »
Found her yet?

You can't have lost her until I've been round and she's decided if I'm food or not.

Kathy

« Reply #26 on: 15 April, 2008, 09:21:48 am »
Having rattled Jingly Ball (new favourite toy) and squeaked Mr Squeaky (old favourite toy) in every corner of the house, and thumped on all the kitchen panels, and run the Dyson around the house (well, the carpets were a mess, and we thought the noise might wake her up), we saw nothing. :'(

Eventually, coming up to midnight, she finally deigned to sleepily come back out. >:(

« Reply #27 on: 15 April, 2008, 10:37:45 am »
She wasn't sleeping... 

She was hiding from all that noise the scary humans were making with the Dyson and banging cupboards.

« Reply #28 on: 15 April, 2008, 10:42:21 am »
She is gorgeous.

I've got rats (pet rats mind!) and I live in fear that they will find their way into somewhere they shouldn't when let out. Though I live in a studio flat with solid concrete floors so their options are a bit more limited, and they are lazy boys anyway.

« Reply #29 on: 15 April, 2008, 10:45:41 am »
Rats are fabulous pets. I'm really hoping that Minimac would like one when he's a little older and the cats aren't around any more. My mum might not be too excited about it, though - it's the tails, apparently...

« Reply #30 on: 15 April, 2008, 10:54:26 am »
I have found kids fall into two camps, either 'Rats! Great!' or 'Awww big mices...' and then rapid backing away when they realise that they are rats. I am sure you can educate minimac accordingly!

My mum used to be horrified at the thought of the tails, but she's not bothered by them now, and thinks its very clever they way they use them to balance.

(NB, you can't just have one, as they are social animals that like to groom each other and snuggle up etc, a pair will do nicely).

Sorry for ratty hijack Kathy!

« Reply #31 on: 15 April, 2008, 10:58:42 am »
I'm really hoping that Minimac would like one two

:thumbsup:

« Reply #32 on: 15 April, 2008, 11:04:09 am »
 :thumbsup:

Kathy

« Reply #33 on: 15 April, 2008, 11:08:01 am »
She wasn't sleeping... 

She was hiding from all that noise the scary humans were making with the Dyson and banging cupboards.

She does not find humans at all scary. She keeps on climbing up my leg (expensive tights are the best for this), up my shirt, and on to my shoulder to use me as a vantage point for her next mission. No amount of my shrieking seems to bother or deter her. ::-)

Kathy

« Reply #34 on: 20 April, 2008, 01:53:17 pm »
Boing!

Elleigh

« Reply #35 on: 20 April, 2008, 09:00:20 pm »
 :D she is very cute

« Reply #36 on: 20 April, 2008, 09:14:30 pm »
Kathy, was that you on Britains Got Talent last night ?

Elleigh

« Reply #37 on: 20 April, 2008, 09:18:22 pm »
Kathy, was that you on Britains Got Talent last night ?

Trying to make ferrets do the weasel dance by waving sticks at them? Do ferrets really do the weasel dance?  :-\

« Reply #38 on: 20 April, 2008, 09:22:45 pm »
What is the weasel dance anyway ?

Kathy

« Reply #39 on: 21 April, 2008, 11:28:13 am »