Author Topic: Fenix 6 use in a gym?  (Read 2468 times)

Fenix 6 use in a gym?
« on: 30 November, 2022, 11:08:11 pm »
I went to my local gym tonight and tried to use my fenix 6 to record it.  Trouble was I did CV machines interspersed with resistance/ weights machines. I could not find anything to record it all. I had to use indoor bike,  stop then treadmill,  stop  then weights (only recorded 2 reps because it was leg press) and stop. So now I have a lot of shorter workouts not the session workout I really want.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Re: Fenix 6 use in a gym?
« Reply #1 on: 01 December, 2022, 09:57:42 am »
I did a custom workout for when I went to the gym.  The problem is of course that different machines are not necessarily available when required.

In the end I just select strength then free and just get on with it.

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
« Reply #2 on: 01 December, 2022, 11:50:14 am »
You should have a multisport profile. You can probably customise the sports. I generally just swap between strength and whatever cardio I'm doing (Fenix 7) because I want the badges.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

« Reply #3 on: 01 December, 2022, 10:14:29 pm »
Don't the gym machines record it and then let you share it to Garmin Connect or whatever?

« Reply #4 on: 01 December, 2022, 10:19:33 pm »
Not all gym machines do this.

« Reply #5 on: 02 December, 2022, 10:04:25 am »
I went to my local gym tonight and tried to use my fenix 6 to record it.  Trouble was I did CV machines interspersed with resistance/ weights machines. I could not find anything to record it all. I had to use indoor bike,  stop then treadmill,  stop  then weights (only recorded 2 reps because it was leg press) and stop. So now I have a lot of shorter workouts not the session workout I really want.

Does anyone have a solution for this?
If all you're after is heart-rate data recording, shouldn't you just leave the Fenix recording until you end your session in the gym?