Author Topic: Fastest PBP rider 2015  (Read 30363 times)

Re: Fastest PBP rider 2015
« Reply #75 on: 04 September, 2015, 05:54:26 pm »
When people ask about an SR and I tell them they say they can't even imagine it. I feel the same about Bjorn's ride - unimaginable!

Great spirit, inspiring, well done. I like that you weren't trying to win, you just wanted to ride.

« Reply #76 on: 16 September, 2015, 10:40:56 am »
Fantastic! Possibly the best thing I ever read on YACF. Brilliant, inspirational, and audacious that the supported guys working together were so thoroughly eclipsed by a solo unsupported first-timer, pure magic!  :thumbsup:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #77 on: 16 September, 2015, 01:50:33 pm »
Superb!

The French rule states:

Quelle que soit l’heure d’arrivée, aucun brevet ne sera homologué en moins de 43 h 56 (moyenne maximum de 28 km/h).

There are two readings of this, since "homologué en moins de 43h56" can (and for me does) mean that the brevet will be homologated but time stated on the medal will be 43h56 rather than the true time.  If e.g. a 2-hour penalty had been imposed for some reason the brevet would be "homologué en 44h26"

If it were otherwise, it would read

Quelle que soit l’heure d’arrivée, aucun brevet complété en moins de 43 h 56 ne sera homologué (moyenne maximum de 28 km/h).

This corresponds to the English translation:

Whatever the time of arrival, a brevet ridden in less than 43h56 will not be homologated (this corresponds to an average speed of 28km/h).

I'd have been happy to finish in twice that time. ;)
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

paul851

« Reply #78 on: 16 September, 2015, 01:54:39 pm »
Brilliant ride account Björn  8) and many thanks for supplying an English translation  :thumbsup:

Paul

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #79 on: 18 September, 2015, 10:29:55 pm »
Wonderful report, Bjorn, and congratulations on a great achievement.  I was one of the 6000 who waved at you on the way back - in my case somewhere between Tinteniac and Loudeac, enjoying a chat with a family who were handing out drinks at the road side. To learn that you were riding without a support crew makes your achievement even more impressive and much closer to the spirit of randonneuring, in my mind.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Hing

• fabulous follies
« Reply #80 on: 23 January, 2016, 02:02:04 pm »
Just came across this account by a Mavic staff team. Interesting to see how the "crazy loner" emerged in the story and became the hero.
http://www.mavic.com/mavic-live/paris-brest-paris-2015-forget-2011
weird and wonderful, fabulous folly