Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 07:32:40 pm »
Orinoco Flow - Enya

I've always thought that War Baby by Tom Robinson sounds much better as Bum Gravy...
The Pub / Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 07:28:29 pm »
Thorns?

Might be a situation for M+

[size=78%]Frayed knot. It's a BFO E-MTB and I need the knobblies/semi-knobblies that have both succumbed. I'd've thought that a Slime tube would seal a thorn puncture, but my faith is shaken. I think I'm going to try getting some new, normal tubes and using up some Slime fluid I have lying around. No tube I ever self-prepared had a puncture, so maybe they skimp with the pre-filled ones?[/size]
The Knowledge / Re: What's in tubeless sealant?
« Last post by JonBuoy on Today at 07:17:06 pm »
I believe that most of them are based on liquid latex.
« Last post by barakta on Today at 07:10:53 pm »
I had this once at an employer, they wanted my email address to have my name spelled wrong in it. I noped out.

My response to HR and IT would be "This is an unauthorised change to recording of my personal data, my name, and under GDPR article 5D CompanyName and agents have an obligation to process my personal data accurately and correct inaccuracies in a timely manner. Please correct my name in your systems to CorrectName which it was from StartDate to FailDate. Should you fail to do this, I shall require proof you have reporting CompanyName to the ICO for breach of GDPR article 5D within 72 hours of my email sent time, or I shall be making my own Data Protection Act complaint and internal grievance against CompanyName. I shall also not be responsible for any work I am unable to complete during this misprocessing of my data".

I don't fuck around. Either get my data right, or I'll smack people with the GDPR and threaten ICO. I once started sending 12 hour count downs to the DWP who eventually backed down from their "it's impossible, we don't have the data, you have to resend" position to "we found your data".
Freewheeling / Re: Forumite spotting
« Last post by Wobbly John on Today at 07:07:30 pm »
Back to forumite spotting, MsG again apparently fettling not far from her home.

From Strava, I see she had a seatpost issue before a 80+ mile ride to the East coast.
The Pub / Re: No Sycamore Gap anymore
« Last post by Asterix, the former Gaul. on Today at 07:05:38 pm »
 ;D I only posted the link so you could prove you are a smartarse ;)
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 07:04:53 pm »
Proxy rant on behalf of my colleague…

Overnight, her surname was changed on our IT systems from Miller to Muller, as result of which she has been locked out of various accounts for software (eg Adobe) because her email address doesn’t match.

IT said it was HR’s responsibility but HR say she’s correctly listed on their system so it’s not their problem.

IT then said she needs to submit a request for a change of name via her manager, a process than requires various bits of paperwork as evidence to support the change. Which she obviously doesn’t have.

They can’t/won’t tell her who made the change or why. Because of course they can’t.

It’s like a scene from Brazil. Insane.
Just before I reached reading the end of your post, I was thinking Brazil.
Buttle, Tuttle and all that.
We’ve had similar before. It’s underhand sales droids using barely legal methods to convince you to switch supplier.

We put in some kind of complaint, can’t remember to whom, but nothing came of it.
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 06:53:44 pm »
Proxy rant on behalf of my colleague…

Overnight, her surname was changed on our IT systems from Miller to Muller, as result of which she has been locked out of various accounts for software (eg Adobe) because her email address doesn’t match.

IT said it was HR’s responsibility but HR say she’s correctly listed on their system so it’s not their problem.

IT then said she needs to submit a request for a change of name via her manager, a process than requires various bits of paperwork as evidence to support the change. Which she obviously doesn’t have.

They can’t/won’t tell her who made the change or why. Because of course they can’t.

It’s like a scene from Brazil. Insane.
OT Gallery / Re: Readers' Instruments
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 05:50:43 pm »
How long does a set of violin strings last?  Depending on what I what want I pay around £10 for a set of guitar strings that I change every 8-10 weeks

Potentially years, but they can wear and accumulate crud from finger grease and bow rosin. I think Miss W's teacher recommended changing every 6 months or so but I don't know anyone who does that. I've honestly no idea how long my current set have been on but I feel like they're due for a change. Also, they have a much longer settling in period than guitar strings.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10