Author Topic: Catfood  (Read 875 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Catfood
« on: 27 February, 2012, 11:45:04 am »
A very kind person sent me a box of free kitten stuff that they had. It's Colostrum (powdered) + Nutridrops + Baby cat milk. Sadly I've just seen that the best before dates are June 2011 and October 2011 respectively. Should I throw it away? I would have thought powdered stuff last a very long time?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Re: Catfood
« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2012, 12:52:40 pm »
As has been said often before on here, if it's dehydrated and still intact then it'll be fine. And cats are FAR fussier eaters than us.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #2 on: 27 February, 2012, 10:04:21 pm »
Was I the only one who wondered if this might be about recommended brands for human consumption :demon:?

« Reply #3 on: 27 February, 2012, 10:45:49 pm »
As a milk product I wouldn't feed it out of date to a neonate (i.e. a kitten under 10 weeks old). Above that age, I would make it up and offer it to them, on the basis their sense of smell is many times better than ours and they are very very good at detecting the aroma of 'off' food. If I am unsure whether something in my fridge is OK I offer it to the cats to taste, and if they reject it then it goes in the bin!