Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 208946 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1425 on: 23 January, 2020, 12:38:19 pm »
Blackie brought in a dead blackbird and was closely followed by Tom. They've moved it from the kitchen to the hall.

Tom's gone into the lounge; Blackie's gone back outside, last seen scampering round the fruit trees.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1426 on: 23 January, 2020, 12:47:28 pm »
Blackie has returned and is amusing herself with the bird.

« Reply #1427 on: 23 January, 2020, 03:24:04 pm »
Recovering from a minor opp at the vets. I will collect her later.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1428 on: 23 January, 2020, 05:03:31 pm »
Lab Major has had his stitches out and the wound has been pronounced impeccable by the vet. Unfortunately, vet adds, tumours on the spleen are almost always malignant and the spleen's function means that the probability of metastases is significant, probably in his lungs.  If we're lucky he might have a year.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1429 on: 31 January, 2020, 03:13:54 pm »
Eating a carrot and ignoring her bone that I picked up especially for her birthday. This is the third bone she is ignoring, so I'm not getting her anymore. The first one I was sure was because I wasn't home for 2 nights.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1430 on: 31 January, 2020, 09:46:19 pm »
Too many vegans in your house... ;)
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1431 on: 31 January, 2020, 11:14:39 pm »
Big Tom has taken to sitting/sleeping atop David's grand piano.

David is Not Pleased.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1432 on: 31 January, 2020, 11:15:43 pm »
Ah, you mean Big Tom's grand piano...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1433 on: 01 February, 2020, 03:17:51 pm »
MrsT tells me that the dogs hung back in the kitchen when she walked out into the hall this morning, whereupon the parrot shouted "fucking hell, come on!" in my voice. Wonderful how they invent stuff, isn't it?  ::-)
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1434 on: 01 February, 2020, 11:25:23 pm »
Ah, you mean Big Tom's grand piano...

David closed the lounge door last night, with the result that Tom spent the night on his printer.
Tom came down for breakfast then spent about 7 hours on my bar chair without dismounting, sleeping, grooming, watching for Stray Tom and singing.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1435 on: 02 February, 2020, 05:55:19 pm »
Q: What do you call a cat that rests on a printer?
A: A copy-cat...

Tom's back on the printer, having spent the night there, before coming to the kitchen for FOOD.

Feral Tom appeared at the cat flap and Big Tom faced him off and sang. It's the first time I've seen Feral Tom by day. They have similar tabby clouration but Feral is skinny and short-haired, while BT is fat and long-haired. Feral looks almost like a wildcat.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1436 on: 02 February, 2020, 06:04:23 pm »
Unless it's a multi-function printer, in which case what you have is a cat-scan[1].

[1] Internet old farts will recall a brief trend for activating flatbed scanners while the cat was sitting on them and sharing the results (which often featured a bemused looking cat with more than the usual number of feet).

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1437 on: 05 February, 2020, 04:11:43 pm »
Blackie is eating cat food.
Blackie has been up on the canopy over our patio, which she followed by climbing onto next doors scaffolding and stalking the pigeons nesting in an alcove in front of our house.
avid reports another black & white cat atop the summer house.

There will be bird carnage...
...and probably kittens.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1438 on: 12 February, 2020, 02:35:41 am »
Blackie is AWOL.
Tom is guzzling, having left a scratch on David's piano, which has Displeased him.
I observed a detached murine head in the lounge earlier.
David is practising the second movement of the Moonlight Sonata.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1439 on: 17 February, 2020, 10:20:51 pm »
Tom is sleeping peacefully in the bed he's made out of David's bags and the bag of paper awaiting recycling.

He looks very comfortable!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1440 on: 18 February, 2020, 07:23:37 pm »
David forcibly removed Tom from inside the grand piano and David is Much Displeased.

ian

« Reply #1441 on: 18 February, 2020, 11:29:33 pm »
He has read the instruction manual that came with the cat, hasn't he? This is mode 2 (the need to access inaccessible places)

Bad Cat has been busily testing District Line moquette to destruction. This mode 3 (soft furniture, the destruction thereof).

Other modes are available. Mode 0 (off) and mode 1 (the inappropriate attendance to personal hygiene matters). Don't activate mode 8 without qualified staff in attendance and appropriate safety gear. The manual should detail all the available settings, they do sometimes vary by model.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1442 on: 19 February, 2020, 12:47:16 pm »
Blackie does the soft furnishing destruction mode but the carpets that came with the house 20 years ago seem mostly resistant to her intense attention.

ian

« Reply #1443 on: 20 February, 2020, 10:47:09 am »
Suffering indignity, having just had her anal glands squeezed. At least it wasn't the big bloke vet with his meaty rugger hands. Never heard Bad Cat growl that loud before. Probably didn't like the gimp mask either. She doesn't understand that some humans pay for that kind of thing.

Also needs a tooth out cos FORL. Madam is getting old. There's a threshold where the vet's bill exceeds the insurance payments.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1444 on: 20 February, 2020, 11:26:14 am »
Didn't realise lady cats got blocked anal glands.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1445 on: 20 February, 2020, 12:00:03 pm »
I thought it was more of a dog thing.

ian

« Reply #1446 on: 20 February, 2020, 12:15:24 pm »
Having now seen (and smelled) the contents, I can verify that yes, they do. I'm not sure the vet strictly needed to show us. I will never be eating speculoos spread again. When I woke up this morning I didn't imagine that before breakfast I'd be holding a cat while a hopefully appropriately qualified lady shoved her finger up the cat's bum (I was going to say her bum, but I fear that left grounds for confusion as to precisely where the finger was being inserted). I'm marking today down as 'peculiar.'

Not sure what the problem is, possibly infection (all doctors say that), but we're seeing how it goes now those have been drained. Supposed to feed her some magic paste from a syringe. Vet demonstrates. OK, perhaps you can put it on her food. At least it wasn't LMC, I've noticed the other vet hides from us now.

Also, have to get the tooth pulled. Odds-on there's an exception on the insurance for FORL.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1447 on: 20 February, 2020, 09:11:44 pm »
Blackie has brought in a mouse...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1448 on: 22 February, 2020, 12:31:01 am »
That was a moribund mouse - RIP.

There's now a lively mouse in the cupboard under my gas hob. She pops out periodically for another piece of cat kibble, then retreats to the cupboard.

The cats have not shown much interest.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1449 on: 22 February, 2020, 11:20:10 am »
They are both flaked out using me as a bed. I was going to go and do stuff....
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.