Author Topic: Mersey Roads 24 hr tt 2014  (Read 9553 times)

Chuffy

• Found a newt on LEL
Powered by Minions

Re: Mersey Roads 24 hr tt 2014
« Reply #76 on: 22 July, 2014, 07:39:54 pm »
What a great event. I was crewing for Mrs Dees and she thoroughly enjoyed it if  enjoy is the right word. It was her first 24 and most things went to plan. The heat was overwhelming though. Not what we're used to on the west coast of Ireland  :)Well done to all the organisers and marshals.

She has just sent an email aswell, her Garmin shows she should have another 13 miles more than the results but with the amount of work the marshals have to do a few small discrepancies is to be expected.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #77 on: 22 July, 2014, 09:30:31 pm »
Woo! I had an 11 mile discrepancy between my computer and what the timekeepers had. I made an enquiry and yes, there had been an error and I'm being credited with another 8 miles! Final total - 391!  ;D

391 miles with over four hours off the bike?  You shouldn't be so excited: these numbers can only mean one thing  :demon:

Chuffy

• Found a newt on LEL
« Reply #78 on: 22 July, 2014, 10:07:13 pm »
Woo! I had an 11 mile discrepancy between my computer and what the timekeepers had. I made an enquiry and yes, there had been an error and I'm being credited with another 8 miles! Final total - 391!  ;D

391 miles with over four hours off the bike?  You shouldn't be so excited: these numbers can only mean one thing  :demon:
My first school report said 'could try harder'. I'm 45 and still can't be arsed. :D
Powered by Minions

« Reply #79 on: 23 July, 2014, 08:30:55 pm »
An 11 minute film from what I shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ_azKRsBT4

« Reply #80 on: 23 July, 2014, 09:44:13 pm »
Nice one as usual ESL. I love the shot of the aero TT bike leant against the lamppost with Jim then riding past on his trike, very witty :)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #81 on: 23 July, 2014, 10:12:47 pm »
My photos are up here.  Contact me if you'd like a hi res copy.

« Reply #82 on: 24 July, 2014, 11:16:13 am »
Those pictures graphically illustrate that cheap folding chairs are a false economy.

« Reply #83 on: 24 July, 2014, 11:19:15 am »
And that artics. are HUGE!

« Reply #84 on: 24 July, 2014, 11:41:54 am »
I was looking at some video of 2001, and the tented village at Prees Heath didn't exist. The event has become more concentrated over the years, with more and more visits to that roundabout. The presence of the 24 hour transport cafe makes it sensible to focus the event there, but some guidelines about where to feed riders might be useful.

Chuffy

• Found a newt on LEL
« Reply #85 on: 24 July, 2014, 11:57:14 pm »
Great stuff! Well done.

Not doing that again, it was brutal!

Yeah, yeah, I said the same. Maybe not next year, but I will certainly give it another go at some point!
Already wondering about next year. I reckon I left at least 50 miles on the road this year....