Author Topic: 6 days of fun  (Read 2330 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
6 days of fun
« on: 01 July, 2015, 07:54:02 pm »
I really enjoyed watching the Ghent six day a couple of years ago but the travel was a bit time consuming.

It looks like London will have a six day race again, only 35 years after the last one. From 18 October 2015.
http://sixday.com/
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: 6 days of fun
« Reply #1 on: 06 July, 2015, 09:16:36 am »
Hmm - the tickets are pretty expensive when compared with Revolution etc ... but hey ho, I shall probably go.

Rob

essexian

« Reply #2 on: 06 July, 2015, 09:30:17 am »
Blimey, that is expensive! Its certainly more than I paid for the Worlds in 2016 at the same venue.

Its just after my birthday so I might see if CBH will get me tickets as a gift.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #3 on: 06 July, 2015, 09:41:21 am »
I went to the last one. It would be nice to go to consecutive ones.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #4 on: 06 July, 2015, 03:15:04 pm »
Blimey, that is expensive! Its certainly more than I paid for the Worlds in 2016 at the same venue.

May I borrow you time machine?  Who won? I fancy making some money!

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #5 on: 22 July, 2015, 09:27:31 am »
Having never attended before, I couldn't say if it's expensive or not but, if you want to see a Premiership game for an hour and a half, then that would be about £50+ wouldn't it?
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #6 on: 23 July, 2015, 12:34:15 am »
BC members get a nice discount. I won't be using mine (too far away) so feel free to sweet-talk me :)

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #7 on: 20 October, 2015, 12:28:50 am »
Back from my first visit to the velodrome courtesy of a friends client's friend

Some good racers (De Kettele, Keisse, Terpstra 'headliners') and youngsters like Germain Burton and nice to see the derney racing, but
1. Very empty stadium (OK it was the 'first' night's racing (yes the 6 day racers are racing for 5 days))
2. not enough racing/poor scheduling of races leaving the ministry of sound bod to fill in large gaps between some races and then starting others while the presentation for the last race is still underway
3. will someone tell the commentator to stfu. Okay, a little introduction for the riders,and what race is going on is OK, but 15 minutes of
and who's going out this time

broke the camels devils back

I hope it's teething problems; was still a good night, and much easier to get home than from t'Kuipke
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

« Reply #8 on: 20 October, 2015, 11:58:04 am »
going tonight for my first trip to the velodrome.. very excited :)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #9 on: 25 October, 2015, 07:04:14 pm »
We were there on Friday night. Nearly 6 hours of action, hardly any gaps in what was going on, lots of fun and frenetic racing.

I put some photos up here

Thought they could have taken a leaf out of the Olympics book and had some brief explanations of what each race was. Also the on-screen graphics were too small. apart from that - great fun. Would definitely go again, but probably not every year.
It is simpler than it looks.

rogerdodge

• But that was 25 years ago!
« Reply #10 on: 04 November, 2015, 10:34:03 am »
Oh how I wish that I'd been there. The TV coverage was pretty good though, and there's a digest on the 4OD site.
I saw what might have been the last visit from the 6 day circus in 78 or so and remembered Maurice Burton so it was very pleasing to see Germain Burton competing.