Author Topic: AAARTY badge - Red and yellow design.  (Read 2295 times)

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results
AAARTY badge - Red and yellow design.
« on: 09 September, 2018, 01:48:03 pm »
I'm on a begging mission, for this much coveted and presumably unavailable patch.

Does anybody happen to have a spare one of these kicking about? Could I line your palms with silver (coloured) coins? Go on, make a fellow Grimpeur's day.

FWIW, I do now appear on the roll of honour. I slight typo makes me James Lundlow, and Ludloy on the AAASR roll of honour. I've been called worse, in both instances.
Rule 77

whosatthewheel

Re: AAARTY badge - Red and yellow design.
« Reply #1 on: 09 September, 2018, 02:43:58 pm »
Unavailable???

Then I won't bother racking up points this month...  :o

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results
« Reply #2 on: 09 September, 2018, 02:49:01 pm »
Unavailable???

Then I won't bother racking up points this month...  :o

I couldn't see it on the website. I might be being blind though?
Rule 77

whosatthewheel

« Reply #3 on: 09 September, 2018, 02:57:08 pm »
You are right... better not bother then... which is a relief!!

http://audaxmedals.southportcc.co.uk/?product_cat=audax-altitude-awards-aaa

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results
« Reply #4 on: 09 September, 2018, 03:33:11 pm »
I can only assume there will be a new style badge coming, bit I'm mot a fan - it won't match my 100 patch!

Its still something aim for, even without the patch
Rule 77

whosatthewheel

« Reply #5 on: 09 September, 2018, 03:38:00 pm »
I can only assume there will be a new style badge coming, bit I'm mot a fan - it won't match my 100 patch!

Its still something aim for, even without the patch

If it's half as bad as the new SR badge, best to steer clear...  ;D

I started in May, failed a validation in September, due to cryptic infos... I could still rescue the month with a DIY, but to be honest I can't be bothered... I can see October being easy and November being OK, but then it's winter and I live far enough from any AAA worthy road that I'd have to drive for the sake of riding 60-70 hilly km and rack up a point so that I can claim I am an AAARTY...

Seems all a bit pointless... I would keep going if I lived closer to some hills, but as things are it's more driving than cycling

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results
« Reply #6 on: 09 September, 2018, 03:45:02 pm »
You could cycle to where the hills are? 😜
Rule 77

whosatthewheel

« Reply #7 on: 09 September, 2018, 04:00:59 pm »

Yes, but not in winter... otherwise I might as well go for the real RRTY. The shortest AAARTY worth loop would be 170 km, with a 60 km AAA section worth 0.75 to 1 point

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results
« Reply #8 on: 09 September, 2018, 05:21:47 pm »

Yes, but not in winter... otherwise I might as well go for the real RRTY. The shortest AAARTY worth loop would be 170 km, with a 60 km AAA section worth 0.75 to 1 point

Touché

Edit - you do know they can count towards both?
Rule 77

whosatthewheel

« Reply #9 on: 09 September, 2018, 07:50:47 pm »
yes...

Martin

« Reply #10 on: 10 September, 2018, 08:43:02 am »

I'm pretty sure you can only claim a 100km or more section as part of a longer DIY, but you can do the hilly 60km section and the 110km for fun!

James pretty sure I've got one of those badges I bought the whole suite a few years ago and they have sat in a draw ever since, I have more coveted versions so happy to let you have it. Let me check next week when back at work.

Have you checked with Oliver? those badges used to be held by Steve Snook he may have passed them on.

whosatthewheel

« Reply #11 on: 10 September, 2018, 08:54:22 am »

I'm pretty sure you can only claim a 100km or more section as part of a longer DIY, but you can do the hilly 60km section and the 110km for fun!

You can, of course.
It's one of these things though... sounds great in May, but then I run out of steam in September. I think winter is a good opportunity to rest and be fresh the following spring, rather than risk a collar bone or worse for the sake of a badge.

I never found the saying "winter miles summer smiles" to have any truth in it... if anything it is the exact opposite... those who cycle long distance in winter seem to get to April completely worn out.

If you look at the professional circus, before it went global and found a summer somewhere on the planet at any point in time, the racing season began in March and finished in October, the rest was cyclocross, which is generally a high intensity, short duration effort and free of ice

hillbilly

« Reply #12 on: 10 September, 2018, 10:21:32 am »
I never found the saying "winter miles summer smiles" to have any truth in it... if anything it is the exact opposite... those who cycle long distance in winter seem to get to April completely worn out.

Winter pies make chubby thighs.

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results
« Reply #13 on: 10 September, 2018, 11:21:43 am »

James pretty sure I've got one of those badges I bought the whole suite a few years ago and they have sat in a draw ever since, I have more coveted versions so happy to let you have it. Let me check next week when back at work.

Have you checked with Oliver? those badges used to be held by Steve Snook he may have passed them on.

That would be great!

There's surely only one more coveted than this? 😜😜
With the 100, this will leave just one spot on the saddle bag for the most coveted of all!
Rule 77

Martin

« Reply #14 on: 17 September, 2018, 11:41:14 am »
in the post! it's not quite the same as your design doesn't have the mountains or the yellow border

More coveted are the x3, 3x3 and SR

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results
« Reply #15 on: 17 September, 2018, 11:48:46 am »
Cheers for that! As it happens, I pinged off a payment for my 100 this morning, so I'm gonna have to get the needle and thread out soon.

3x3 is a work in progress, but I'll hopefully tick that off next season. I'm using my Wessex SR patch in lieue of the SR. I was refering to the GdS gold patch as the most coveted of all.
Rule 77

Martin

« Reply #16 on: 17 September, 2018, 09:00:25 pm »
. I was refering to the GdS gold patch as the most coveted of all.

still a few left; NB you can double up eg 10+10+5 in 3 years will qualify, 20 + 5 in 2 will not