Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 517763 times)

Re: MEMWNS Miscellany
« Reply #450 on: 16 February, 2016, 04:49:35 pm »
Agreed! I seem to have spent about a bikes worth of money on tyres in the last 12 months and my Mancave is starting to resemble a bike shop with all the tyres hanging up. I'll do some write ups at some point.

The good thing about the reflective strips is it always looks like you have been riding around Bradwell Power station in night time photos

« Reply #451 on: 17 February, 2016, 01:34:24 pm »
Due to a misunderstanding between my mobile phone and I I seem to have taken delivery of 2 sets of 28c Durano Pluses. Anyone interested in taking one set off my hands?

Will let them go to £40 the pair.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #452 on: 17 February, 2016, 01:42:06 pm »
Due to a misunderstanding between my mobile phone and I I seem to have taken delivery of 2 sets of 28c Durano Pluses. Anyone interested in taking one set off my hands?

Will let them go to £40 the pair.
Hmm, I could well be interested in relieving you of a pair of those, for the brighter months when my Marathon Tourers are able to come off.  Be interested to know what you think of the ride on them, I've had 25c's before and always found the 28c's like rocking horse poo to find when I looked for them.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #453 on: 17 February, 2016, 03:18:44 pm »
Oh dear  ::-)  Tales of what I got up to last night are filtering back to me and jogging my memory.

We were in this club and I was sat next to a rather attractive lady who is the Finance Director of a Lithuanian telecoms network, I think she was called Tatiana or similar.  Anyhow earlier in the evening I had shown another lady some photos of Penelope on my phone.  This lady was very impressed given she was from the Flemish bit of Belgium so basically Dutch.

Buoyed by the reaction of the Flemish lady I thought Tatiana might be equally impressed.  Unsurprisingly I was wrong.  She was very unimpressed by a pissed Englishman showing her photos of an orange bike.  So unimpressed was she that she got up quite abruptly and legged it.  Much to the amusement of my colleagues.

I've also discovered some texts which indicate I trapped myself in a toilet cubicle at one point  :thumbsup:

If you're not on Facebook you won't have seen the dancing girls ...

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #454 on: 17 February, 2016, 03:20:45 pm »
Oh dear  ::-)  Tales of what I got up to last night are filtering back to me and jogging my memory.

We were in this club and I was sat next to a rather attractive lady who is the Finance Director of a Lithuanian telecoms network, I think she was called Tatiana or similar.  Anyhow earlier in the evening I had shown another lady some photos of Penelope on my phone.  This lady was very impressed given she was from the Flemish bit of Belgium so basically Dutch.

Buoyed by the reaction of the Flemish lady I thought Tatiana might be equally impressed.  Unsurprisingly I was wrong.  She was very unimpressed by a pissed Englishman showing her photos of an orange bike.  So unimpressed was she that she got up quite abruptly and legged it.  Much to the amusement of my colleagues.

I've also discovered some texts which indicate I trapped myself in a toilet cubicle at one point  :thumbsup:

If you're not on Facebook you won't have seen the dancing girls ...

Did you get Penelope out for them too  ???  :o  ::-)  :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #455 on: 17 February, 2016, 03:26:53 pm »
They were a bit busy.

« Reply #456 on: 17 February, 2016, 03:52:29 pm »
I just hope that 'Penelope' isn't a euphemism for something else!!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #457 on: 17 February, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »
I just hope that 'Penelope' isn't a euphemism for something else!!

Perish the thought!  The lovely Penelope:

More detail HERE

« Reply #458 on: 17 February, 2016, 10:24:00 pm »
 :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #459 on: 18 February, 2016, 08:38:54 am »
That's a lot of rubber you perv!

« Reply #460 on: 18 February, 2016, 09:31:51 am »
Whilst you lot have been comparing fetishes, some of us have been making the effort to get out on a Wednesday evening.

Last night four of us made it to the Woolie; myself, Tomsk, the BFC and the Hustler.

It was the Hustler's birthday  so we pulled out all the stops to give him a great time.  That is, in between lecturing him about his RRTY attempt going off the rails and haranguing him about his diet.

Following an enlightening (geddit !) presentation by the BFC on the lighting array he uses on his commuter, talk ranged from the salted porridge diet and cauliflower pizza bases to being groped in India.  Unsurprisingly, No Name, the Witham Brewery staple, was anointed as the Quaffers' Choice.  At £2.90 a pint why would it not ?

Hopefully "normal" service will be resumed next week and the weather will have improved sufficiently to draw a few more out of hibernation.

Did I mention the small detail that only the intrepid Tomsk actually travelled there by bike  :P

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

The Retiree

« Reply #461 on: 18 February, 2016, 09:35:02 am »
Whilst you lot have been comparing fetishes, some of us have been making the effort to get out on a Wednesday evening.

Did I mention the small detail that only the intrepid Tomsk actually travelled there by bike  :P

I wouldn't get on your high horse as attending by Land Rover is as bad as OD's obsession with getting the train home  :facepalm: I would expect no less of Tomsk he is cut from the same cloth as myself  O:-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #462 on: 18 February, 2016, 09:38:33 am »
... I would expect no less of Tomsk he is cut from the same cloth as myself  O:-)

You what!!!???!!!  Rarely have I heard such an outrageous claim  :o :o :o

The Retiree

« Reply #463 on: 18 February, 2016, 09:40:00 am »
... I would expect no less of Tomsk he is cut from the same cloth as myself  O:-)

As in we are both legends in our own pants and tend to ride our bikes rather than taking public transport or motor vehicles to aid us  :P

Oscar's dad

« Reply #464 on: 18 February, 2016, 09:54:13 am »
Oh by the way, next Wednesday I've booked myself in for another endurance spinning session.  My keenness for riding around in the cold, dark and sometimes wet weather remains low when there is a viable if unappealing alternative.

So that you lot don't completely give up on me I am pleased to report that work on the Up North Tour is going well  :thumbsup:  I should be pleased to furnish info to anyone interested. 

Oscar's dad

« Reply #465 on: 18 February, 2016, 09:58:38 am »

As in we are both legends in our own pants and tend to ride our bikes rather than taking public transport or motor vehicles to aid us  :P

One evening, when it's neither cold nor wet, we must all have a chat about this.  The motion before the house should be something along the lines of ...

"What justification is there for Doggers Lane to describe himself as a legend?"

To help you make your case you can bring along witnesses, learned texts, photographs, PowerPoint slides, rabbit hutches, finger puppets, in fact anything you like because, to be frank, you'll need all the help you can get!

The Retiree

« Reply #466 on: 18 February, 2016, 09:58:45 am »
Oh by the way, next Wednesday I've booked myself in for another endurance spinning session.  My keenness for riding around in the cold, dark and sometimes wet weather remains low when there is a viable if unappealing alternative.

Just a thought but have you considered purchasing a turbo trainer and driving (or training it) to the selected pub for the evening and you can then complete your session whilst still socializing with your chums.....

Oscar's dad

« Reply #467 on: 18 February, 2016, 10:02:29 am »
That's a stupid idea  ::-)

The Retiree

« Reply #468 on: 18 February, 2016, 10:04:03 am »
One evening, when it's neither cold nor wet, we must all have a chat about this.  The motion before the house should be something along the lines of ...

"What justification is there for Doggers Lane to describe himself as a legend?"

To help you make your case you can bring along witnesses, learned texts, photographs, PowerPoint slides, rabbit hutches, finger puppets, in fact anything you like because, to be frank, you'll need all the help you can get!

I wouldn't need all that palaver, I need merely take you back to last year and one of your lovely octopus routes ending up at The Cats of around 60 miles in total and if memory serves me correctly you all fooked off to The Cats without making the second ascent whilst I did complete the full route on me jack jones m'lord  :thumbsup:  O:-)
Oh and I can proudly say I have never got public transport back from a MEMWNS evening event  ;D

The Retiree

« Reply #469 on: 18 February, 2016, 10:04:56 am »
That's a stupid idea  ::-)

??? we could all take the p*ss out of you then whilst you sweat your nackers off and we have some Essex energy drinks  ;)

« Reply #470 on: 18 February, 2016, 10:20:26 am »

Oh and I can proudly say I have never got public transport back from a MEMWNS evening event  ;D

Apart, that is, from the track evening a few short weeks ago.  Tomsk rode to and from Chelmsford station that evening and expressed disappointment that he hadn't just continued to the Velodrome.

So, let's weigh up some evidence:

Tomsk:

Respected nationally in AUK as a prodigious rider and organiser of events.

Regular podium placements in AUK annual lists for points, organisation, fixed wheel achievements etc

Rides to and from MEMWNS events often riding 80 plus miles when we end up in places like Mersea and Rowhedge

Does most of his mileage on fixed

Puts up with Tippers_Kiwi for days at a time

Quietly goes about his business without making a fuss about weather, distance etc

Multiple PBP ancien

One of the, if not the, most regular attendees at MEMWNS evenings

Doggers Lane

Rode an extra loop one night while we were in the Cats.

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #471 on: 18 February, 2016, 10:22:13 am »
At last, all those years of legal training have been useful  ;D

The Retiree

« Reply #472 on: 18 February, 2016, 10:22:51 am »

Apart, that is, from the track evening a few short weeks ago.  Tomsk rode to and from Chelmsford station that evening and expressed disappointment that he hadn't just continued to the Velodrome.

So, let's weigh up some evidence:

Tomsk:

Respected nationally in AUK as a prodigious rider and organiser of events.

Regular podium placements in AUK annual lists for points, organisation, fixed wheel achievements etc

Rides to and from MEMWNS events often riding 80 plus miles when we end up in places like Mersea and Rowhedge

Does most of his mileage on fixed

Puts up with Tippers_Kiwi for days at a time

Quietly goes about his business without making a fuss about weather, distance etc

Multiple PBP ancien

One of the, if not the, most regular attendees at MEMWNS evenings

Doggers Lane

Rode an extra loop one night while we were in the Cats.

Well strike me down if the Horse Whisperer hasn't just popped up as the other half of the tag team........

Does riding to the Velodrome not count then  ::-)

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #473 on: 18 February, 2016, 10:24:39 am »

Years of legal training?????? You told me your had a dodgy history degree and then did a correspondence course in law.

The Retiree

« Reply #474 on: 18 February, 2016, 10:25:30 am »

Years of legal training?????? You told me your had a dodgy history degree and then did a correspondence course in law.

We all know he's a fraud Carlos it's just OD that seems to have believed it.......  :facepalm: