Author Topic: Beardys running log - Ct5k  (Read 144412 times)

Re: Beardys running log - Ct5k
« Reply #700 on: 24 October, 2020, 08:08:12 pm »
I use Insight Timer- the library is huge. There's a free version but I paid and have unlimited access to courses and guided meditation. It's really good.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #701 on: 24 October, 2020, 09:32:00 pm »
Congratulations Auntie H you’ve couch to 5k’d. But as you’ve discover, while not exactly addictive, there is a compulsion to ‘just do a bit more’ with running. Keep us informed  :thumbsup:

PB and AH pointing out the extra hour has running possibilities was really mean... especially after today kept me busy with other stuff.

Chris, I don’t understand TA (and do you know how many things there are on the acronym page for TA) but I’ll bt it’s obvious when I’m told. I was always able,to leave work at work, but that never helped my depression. Enjoy your days off whatever you decide.

I had said that I won’t run tomorrow regardless of today, but with the extra hour and Sarah no doubt wanting to do some work I might get the opportunity.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #702 on: 25 October, 2020, 07:45:04 am »
I have used the extra hour to sleep after enjoying a scotch or two yesterday evening whilst watching the first two episodes of Roadkill.

Nice to see daylight at 07:00 GMT so I will be setting the alarm for 06:00 GMT and a nice fasted 8k becore breakfast to start the week.

« Reply #703 on: 25 October, 2020, 02:06:46 pm »
Is anybody using a good mindfulness app?

I have headspace, via work. I’ve only used the sleep sounds (rain on a tent, forest streams etc) for when Mrs Dan is away, but friends like the mindfulness side of it.

Running update: nice 10km up onto the downs at the end of the day yesterday.

« Reply #704 on: 25 October, 2020, 02:49:00 pm »
I can't be arsed to run today especially with two days in a row commute ahead of me. Doesn't help that it's been alternating between tipping it down and lovely sunshine today.

My new running underwear arrived though - got some longer boxers as on my long run the week before last my boxers rode up enough that I chafed both thighs to the point of bleeding albeit only slightly.

I'll probably go out Wednesday for a 5k.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #705 on: 25 October, 2020, 03:44:19 pm »
no run before church, but a good 5k walk with Rev.B and then some gardening. hopefully will still get the weights session in whilst Rev.B does the evening service.

Thanks for the suggestions about apps i will try them out.   I did learn from a book a couple of years ago and need to revisit it.

We have also decided that rather than distressing by watching TV we will try and do an alternate night pilates session.  We have found Pilateslive online extremely good

« Reply #706 on: 25 October, 2020, 05:39:39 pm »
no run before church, but a good 5k walk with Rev.B and then some gardening. hopefully will still get the weights session in whilst Rev.B does the evening service.

Thanks for the suggestions about apps i will try them out.   I did learn from a book a couple of years ago and need to revisit it.

We have also decided that rather than distressing by watching TV we will try and do an alternate night pilates session.  We have found Pilateslive online extremely good

I too find tv to usually be distressing, and need to exert myself to de-stress after watching it;)

No run today - still on a strict once per week for October schedule, but did get a longer than usual bike ride.

Stay well everyone

« Reply #707 on: 25 October, 2020, 07:44:40 pm »
2km run and then 20 min weight session.  A win.  Trying for a long run tomorrow in the morning.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #708 on: 25 October, 2020, 09:01:32 pm »
No run for me today, in part because my toe ache has progressively worsened through the day. I suspect I’ll lose the nail, although Sarah is less convinced.
Toe permitting I might try in the morning, but it’ll have to be an early one because I’m taking the boy To work for his first day and I’m on call in case he has any visits to make. And you all know what I think about early starts as well  :hand:
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #709 on: 25 October, 2020, 09:36:50 pm »
I am planning to get out for 8k at about 06:30 if you fancy joining me.  Looks like it could be a little chilly but we should warm up quick enough.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #710 on: 25 October, 2020, 09:48:06 pm »
I am planning to get out for 8k at about 06:30 if you fancy joining me.  Looks like it could be a little chilly but we should warm up quick enough.
6:30 sounds a bit early, but if I’m going to fit a run in it’s going to,have to,be at that sort of time  :-[

« Reply #711 on: 26 October, 2020, 06:19:46 am »
Are you ready for warm up Beardy?

I am, but ...

Weather forecast a heavy period of rain here bounding rapid in from the west which is only likely to be around for up to two hours but it's likely to start whilst I am out.  Seeing just how heavy these downpours have been recently I'll wait for it to pass and run mid to late morning instead.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #712 on: 26 October, 2020, 07:30:56 am »
I’ve been up for about 45 minutes now and won’t be going to pick up the boy until about 8:45. However, sarah is on the top line and if I so much as suggested I might go out for a run she’d probably decapitate me  ::-). She is a bit of a worrier is Sarah. It’s a shame, because it’s a wonderful day out there with a clear sky and very little wind.

Added to this is the situation with my toe. Oddly it isn’t painful to when I walk, but it is painful all the time. It doesn’t seem to have swollen nd the colour change is subtle, ie it’s not turned black under the toenail. To be honest, I’ll probably just ignore it and go for a run when I can. It does hurt though.

« Reply #713 on: 26 October, 2020, 07:35:25 am »
As with all things the weather forecast has now  hanged in that the rain is due an hour later than previously forecast.  Rearranging my day to accommodate this will require some cogitation.

« Reply #714 on: 26 October, 2020, 07:42:22 am »
Forecast is is just rain, all day:(

« Reply #715 on: 26 October, 2020, 07:44:41 am »
I'm feeling a bit miffed all of a sudden. 

A lunchtime commitment now almost certainly kills off my run today.  This screws my schedule for later in the week too as I run on alternate, not consecutive days.  Normally I could manage this but I am due to meet a friend for a run on Wednesday.

It also screws my baking schedule as that falls on non-run days and I need to bake tomorrow or we run out of bread. 

Yes, my schedule is quite rigid.  I accept that but it isn't up for debate.

I hate weather.

« Reply #716 on: 26 October, 2020, 07:51:30 am »
Uou console yourself that running in the rain is better than cycling in the rain?

« Reply #717 on: 26 October, 2020, 08:00:55 am »
Unfortunately I will have to miss my run today now which throws my weekly schedule for all kinds of things other than running, my distance for the month and my brane. 

The rain is now  bucketing down as forecast and I'm feeling as miserable as it is.  Must snap out of this negativity.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #718 on: 26 October, 2020, 08:31:31 am »
Unfortunately I will have to miss my run today now which throws my weekly schedule for all kinds of things other than running, my distance for the month and my brane. 

The rain is now  bucketing down as forecast and I'm feeling as miserable as it is.  Must snap out of this negativity.
perhaps a little evening run would be possible?

« Reply #719 on: 26 October, 2020, 09:16:58 am »
Evening runs are out of the question - too dark then a street light provides too much contrast.  It's simply too high risk these days.

In any event, I have steadied my wobble.  Not sure what happened there but I was completely unable to cope with what is in reality is a very minor inconvenience.   I almost panicked because I missed my third run last week and I did not want to miss a run this week.   

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #720 on: 26 October, 2020, 10:08:04 am »
Manly man hug PB.

« Reply #721 on: 26 October, 2020, 10:13:32 am »
Evening runs are out of the question - too dark then a street light provides too much contrast.  It's simply too high risk these days.

In any event, I have steadied my wobble.  Not sure what happened there but I was completely unable to cope with what is in reality is a very minor inconvenience.   I almost panicked because I missed my third run last week and I did not want to miss a run this week.

I think we all understand. Glad you’re back.

« Reply #722 on: 26 October, 2020, 10:28:44 am »
Much appreciated chaps. 

« Reply #723 on: 26 October, 2020, 11:51:57 am »
I got out for my long run!! started in drizzle, turned to full rain and then glorious sunshine.  16.06km done in 2.15.57 for an average 8.11km pace and HR kept down at an average of 127 and max of141 for a couple of seconds. 

This is the longest run in my entire life and a major step forward for me. 

Fascinatingly at 16km i had the option of turning and adding on 4km to get the 20km.  At15.9km my left knee suddenly became massively painful to run on so I abandoned the extra 4km idea.  Never argue with your knees!!

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #724 on: 26 October, 2020, 01:10:04 pm »
Well done Chris.  I’ve been saying ‘that’s the longest I’ve ever run’ for every first since I hit 5k  :D