Author Topic: Jersey cleaning  (Read 1118 times)

Jersey cleaning
« on: 09 September, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »
My beloved club jersey is white and red. After less than a season, it's starting to accumulate persistent stains caused by months of road spray etc... I wash it along with other synthetic pieces of clothing at 40 degrees and a non-bio washing powder. I tried granger and to be honest I can't notice any significant improvement over the regular washing powder.

What's your experience in washing bright cycling kit? Any tips?

Re: Jersey cleaning
« Reply #1 on: 09 September, 2008, 11:43:39 pm »
it's starting to accumulate persistent stains caused by months of road spray etc...
 Any tips?
fit some mudguards  ;D

« Reply #2 on: 10 September, 2008, 07:41:45 am »
it's starting to accumulate persistent stains caused by months of road spray etc...
 Any tips?
fit some mudguards  ;D

I have mudguards on my winter bike. I used every single day during the week and on Sundays whenever the forecast is grim (many week-ends this year). :P

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #3 on: 10 September, 2008, 11:14:21 am »
I find Persil Colour liquid (bio) to be excellent at keeping white jerseys white. Socks stay grey though  :(
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4 on: 10 September, 2008, 01:05:30 pm »
I had a pair of socks that seemed destined to stay grey forevermore, until one day they were in the washing machine, I put the wash on, wife returns from swimming, opens washing machine, puts her towel and cossie in, puts washing machine on, hey presto sparkling white socks.

I guess the moral is give it two washes, straight after one another....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5 on: 10 September, 2008, 01:42:22 pm »
...or bleach with chlorine ;D
Getting there...