Author Topic: Knowing me, knowing you...  (Read 644 times)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Knowing me, knowing you...
« on: 06 August, 2020, 12:05:50 pm »
Although my team at work is small (there's three of us), we're part of a much larger central office commercial team (which isn't really 'commercial' as such but covers things like relationships with insurers, external communications/media, corporate comms etc).  I know my immediate team members very well but the wider team members less so, as I only see them infrequently (a few times a year).

We're all working from home at the moment (my team have always worked from home) and we have a weekly Zoom call.  Part of that call is a quiz - and for the last few week we have been the subjects of the quiz.  We're asked to provide bits of information about ourselves that other people may not know and we then try to guess who the person is.  There are some eye-opener answers, as we're quite a diverse bunch from a wide range of backgrounds.

I thought it might be fun to reproduce the questions we've had so far if people feel like opening up a little...  I've given my answers.

Encounters with famous people:  I met Nelson Mandela.

Interesting Travel Incidents: I’ve been told off by a Swiss Guard for cycling too fast in the Vatican City.

Family Skeletons (interesting ancestors): My great grandfather was a senior IRA commander.

Personal or Sporting Achievements:  I'm a qualified scuba diver (BSAC).

Obscure fact from childhood:  I was sworn at by Prince Philip.

Interesting/unusual previous job experience:  I've been to St James’ Palace to attend the Queen Mother’s Clothing Guild viewing day.

Inspired by:  Desmond Tutu (who is a friend of my mother)

Unpopular opinion:  Snooker is the most boring ‘sport’, closely followed by darts and cricket.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?  Andalucia, preferably just inland from the Atlantic coast.

What song always gets you on the dance floor?  I don't dance but most Abba will get my foot tapping...

What is your biggest fear? Going deaf.

What’s your go-to guilty pleasure?  The Communards or Jennifer Rush played at full blast.

Over to the YACF Massive... :thumbsup:
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor